Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jul 2004, 09:30 (Ref:1035085)   #51
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I call it "the left after Rivage" lol
Old 13 Jul 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1035118)   #52
James Murray
Racer

James Murray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be rivage?The down hill hairpin is malmedy, which I thought was rivage. Bloody awkward corner whatever!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1035125)   #53
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rivage is the downhill right hand off camber hairpin after Bruxelles.

It goes (For historic grids);

S/Finish - Eau Rouge, Radillion, Les Combes (Right), Malmady (Left), Bruxelles (Right), Rivage (as above), AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! (Left), Pouhon (Left/Left), Les Fagnes (Right/Left), Stavelot (Right and Right again), OOOOPS! (Long fast left), Blanchiment (Long flat left), Bus Stop (Left/Right/Straight over kerbs towards outside barrier), La Source (Tight Right).

At least I think that's it.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1035288)   #54
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter don't forget that Bus Stop has been totally re-profiled

Hotel Beau Site is booked up ..eeeek
Anybopdy know what Hotel Belle Vue or Hotel Moderne are like?

Last edited by PaulSands; 13 Jul 2004 at 12:44.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1035297)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moderne used to be "the" place to stay. Its very convenient for the mode............... er restaurants in the village.

The Belle Vue tends to close its restaurant on a Sunday evening but the Beau Site is opposite (IIRC).

Zef stays at a place in Malmedy and there's always Stavelot.

[SMUG b*stad]Our rooms are booked at the Baeu Site a year in advance.[/SMUG b*stad]
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:53 (Ref:1035298)   #56
James Murray
Racer

Theres a good and cheap hotel in Spa town called Hotel Gai Sejour. Don't know how that one translates! There are loads of hotels in Spa town and its about 5 minute drive from the circuit
Old 13 Jul 2004, 12:54 (Ref:1035303)   #57
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the little one doesnt come I'll convince Wendy that sleeping in the back of a CRV can be a lot of fun

Problem is my baby sitting options just diminished
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1035340)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know the timetable this year ?

particularly the Top Hat Saloon race, Sat Q Sun Race ?

as usual the ditherers in our camp cant decide what days to go until they know what time everything is and where the toilets are and who cleaned them! . . .whereas I'll happily go and camp for 2 weeks if necessary!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1035347)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No timetables as yet. I'm doing a web page for another of the races this year but I don't know the deets as yet.

Tell em its practice on Friday morning so you need to be there on the previous Saturday to get set up.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1035352)   #60
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I've added a day onto my itinerary for this year so I wont miss Friday practice...as far as I'm concerned it ties in very nicely with my 20th wedding anniversary which is on the Wednesday
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1035354)   #61
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
and Race last thing Sunday so we need to stay until the following Saturday to celebrate coming 35th !!!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:41 (Ref:1035381)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You've got it although I've got to be back in Ankara on the Wednesday

(Mailed that info BTW).

Paul will you be going on the Hull Ferry?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1035386)   #63
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Hull? noooooo Dover to Dunkerque
The Hull ferry takes about 6 days doesn't it?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1035403)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Dover Calais is just as convenient. Its only twenty minutes further down the coast.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1035408)   #65
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
the departure times didnt suit...got the crossing for £119 to go via Calais was £98 but it wouldve been more of a rush each end of the trip

btw Hull Zebrugge is a 14 hour journey

Last edited by PaulSands; 13 Jul 2004 at 14:02.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1035410)   #66
James Murray
Racer

Anyone tried Dover-Ostende fast ferry, 2 hr crossing and under 3 hrs to Spa. How does this equate to Dover Calais?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1035419)   #67
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Dover Dunkerque hour and a half I think then maybe 3 hours to Spa? read my travelogue http://paulsands.org/spa/spa.htm
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1035423)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Towing its about four hours from Calais.

Used to do the Dover Ostende/Zeebruge route but it got expensive when they changed to the seacat thingies.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:30 (Ref:1035450)   #69
James Murray
Racer

Can't remember how much it costs exactly as it was 2002 when I last went, but it was in the region of £150 return through MST I think on one of the seacats.

Just had a look Paul at your website its fantastic, and Im not going to get much done this afternoon because of it! I particulaly enjoyed your resume of Spa last year. PS. Im car number 27 in DBT on Sunday if you fancy taking a shot!!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:35 (Ref:1035456)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Where have you got the timetable from James?
Old 13 Jul 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1035461)   #71
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
It cost me £179 last year so £119 is great for me
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1035492)   #72
James Murray
Racer

I haven't got a time table for Spa Peter I was reffering to Brands Hatch this weekend which Paul says he's going to on his website. Is this correct Paul? I have the number for MST which is 01295 278748. The chap to speak to is Simon Adams, he very reasonable.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1035498)   #73
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I'm going to Brands on the Sunday as I'm at Oulton on Saturday for the GT's...really split loyalties this season as so many HSCC & GT meetings are clashing
I have a timetable for Brands
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:23 (Ref:1035503)   #74
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
likewise for Brands . . .MIdday Q and 17:15 race, time for a blow out lunch between !!!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:24 (Ref:1035504)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
oh . . .just over 4 hours Calais to Spa when towing usually or in convoy for that matter

its abot 200 miles as the Mondeo Flies !