Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1011719)   #1
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR - Who Will Win First?

BAR has been running really well all season and became Ferrari's main rival. Sooner or later they will step at the top of the podium.

My vote goes to Sato-san!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1011727)   #2
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: BAR - Who Will Win First?

Anyway, Honda's motorsport boss Otmar Szafnauer confindent that Takuma Sato will be the first Japanese driver to win an F1 grand prix.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/story_16173.shtml
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:01 (Ref:1011746)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If Jenson doesn't win at Silverstone, i reckon Takuma might give BAR it's first win in Japan.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:07 (Ref:1011753)   #4
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Sato. Given that Michelin always has a good tyre for Magny Cours, it could happen next race.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:10 (Ref:1011756)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It may not seem probable after the first few races this season..but Jenson might just lose out to Sato in BAR's first victory.

But the 2 guys have equally good chance. Although for the last few races Sato have done better than his teammate, leading his teammate in the race and stuffs, we cannot forget just a few races earlier Button was BAR's podium boy

BAR is starting to have a very strong and evenly matched driver duo...and it's going to be a good fight.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:17 (Ref:1011764)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not a clue! Good luck to both of 'em!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1011773)   #7
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting isn't it that Sato is looking to have the greater pace of the 2 of them. Button is a very safe pair of hands and will be the higher point scorer, but Taku has got the very racey feel about him. He's laid down some markers so far this season, so drivers with Taku in their rear-view mirrors will know that he WILL try and get by - that's a strong psychological advantage. He's been very strong in the last few races and seems to be growing in confidence. Those who remember him in F3 know how naturally talented he is.

Jenson is still very young and is setting a good example for Sato to follow, so combine both their talents and that is one strong driver line-up.

I believe that if Button doesn't win at Silverstone Sato will be right there for Suzuka...

2 quality drivers in a very good team! Just imagine how dull this season would be without BAR...
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1011790)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Both are capble of winning, but I think Button is more consistant and he'll take the first win.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:44 (Ref:1011793)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope tehy both win this year. BAR ahve indeed salvaged the season, and have ensured that the action behind Michael has generally been pretty good (unlike 2002).

The fact that Jenson has piled up so many podiums without reachign teh top step makes me think that he might have to wait longer, especially as Sato has more pac,e but I guess Jenson can be relied on not to miss any chance taht does open up.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1011796)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a toughie. Who deserves it more, Button because he's been so consistent, or Sato because he's so aggressive and exciting?

I hope they both win this year.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1011808)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's hard to say. I think it will depend on the situation.

If the situation requires a cat and mouse approach I reckon it'll be Button.

If it's a banzai drive that is required then I reckon Sato.

Last edited by Spudgun; 22 Jun 2004 at 10:02.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:39 (Ref:1011837)   #12
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hard to say .. but i have a feeling it will depend on Ferrari mistakes for anyone other then Renault to win this year .. see Hungaroring . .. BAR doesn't have the pace(maybe yet ) to beat Ferrari . so it will be down to luck .. but the greatest chance is Buttons . he usually finishes races . so has more chance to exploit a Ferrari DNF or a major problem ..

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1011846)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR were better than Ferrari on pace at Indianapolis and would've won if they'd pitted under the safety car.

It's impossible to say who'll win first from Button and Sato - but they will both win and both deserve it.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1011854)   #14
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We can only hope its Jenson Button if you're British... hopefully it'll happen at the British Grand Prix. I hope Takuma wins at Suzuka later on in the year too, and in the new venue in China.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1011864)   #15
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
BAR were better than Ferrari on pace at Indianapolis and would've won if they'd pitted under the safety car.

It's impossible to say who'll win first from Button and Sato - but they will both win and both deserve it.
and i don;t agree .. they were close ... but now close enough ...
one of them could win this year . but i don't think both will .. and of course . he will deserve it ..

Ciao Marco
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1011884)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My guts says Sato! But I'd be thrilled with either.

But they will have to get the lead in the first two stints or else be instructed to stay behind Schumacher!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:20 (Ref:1011898)   #17
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
one thing is for sure, taku has certainly increased his fan base of late....BAR items with his number or likeness on them became increasingly hard to find at indy this past weekend and applause and cheers were amongst the loudest for him.....that said, and based upon his driving of late, i'd have to say that he'll win a gp first....but either way both drivers deserve a win this year, i hope they can earn one....
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:22 (Ref:1011902)   #18
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is everyone tipping Button for Silverstone and Sato for Suzuka? Anyone who remembers how mega Taku was at Silverstone in F3 would probably tip HIM to do the job in the British GP. And Button has more experience than Sato at Suzuka!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1011940)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Tough to say, they are both very strong (personally, I hope it is Taku). Truth is, I don't think it will happen this year...

By the way, how long do you think it'll be until the evil empire (Toyota) steal Taku from Honda?
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1011952)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sato's been a Honda man for his whole career - I don't see any reason why he'd move to Toyota.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1011966)   #21
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hungary might be the ebst chance of someone else winning,a dn I can't imagine Sato havigna good run there, so I'll say Button. I doubt we'll ahve any more races as chaotic as Monaco or Indy, and it's in races like that where other drivers will have a chance this year.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1011999)   #22
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Several of you on hee seem to be saying that Taku has the edge in terms of just speed - I don't see any evidence of that at all. Jenson has performed better than Taku in qualifying as well as the races, overall. Admittedly Sato has been improving of late but he's got a long way to go before he can draw on the kind of speed that Jenson is now part of Jenson's everyday performance.

And that is to say nothing of ability to actually finish races...

It ought to be Button, and I agree that Hungary is likely their best chance - but they'll have to beat Renault there too!
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:42 (Ref:1012027)   #23
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fuller
We can only hope its Jenson Button if you're British... hopefully it'll happen at the British Grand Prix. I hope Takuma wins at Suzuka later on in the year too, and in the new venue in China.
I'm British and proud of it but I am praying that Takuma will get the first win because he's not only an fantastically talented driver but he's also a thoroughly nice chap
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1012040)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

I've never really understood this notion of "I'm British, therefore I must support British drivers".
Old 22 Jun 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1012044)   #25
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jens or Taku ... either works for me. I'm just glad Ferrari finally have to check their mirrors for something.

I think both have the car and talent to get by Rubino, but I will be glued to my tv when either is sitting under ms's rear wing for a few laps - that's going to make the season.