Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3057813)   #76
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's like school. With that slightly crazy, unruly kid making noise, passing gossipy notes and pulling the girls hair.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 07:36 (Ref:3058775)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More from Joe Saward

Its funny how when things look odd, sound odd, and you are told (repeatedly..) from on high that all is well, that someone dissects the realities, and proves that the oddness perhaps even worse than originally believed...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Apr 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3058953)   #78
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This will go on forever...
Old 14 Apr 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3058994)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
This will go on forever...
I think it will go on as long as Team Lotus remain Team Lotus.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3059052)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is Team Lotus?
Old 14 Apr 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3059067)   #81
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Who is Team Lotus?
A figment of someone's imagination?
Old 14 Apr 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3059085)   #82
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A figment of someone's imagination?
The F1 team is called 'Lotus F1 Team'.

The 'Team Lotus' name is owned by Genii/Group[?] but they have chosen not to use it.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3059088)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The F1 team is called 'Lotus F1 Team'.

The 'Team Lotus' name is owned by Genii/Group[?] but they have chosen not to use it.
Thanks for clearing that one up; I find this whole Lotus thing a tad confusing.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3059588)   #84
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Who is Team Lotus?
I have no idea Peter, and neither do they..

I think a cool name would be Renault F1 team myself..
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3059633)   #85
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's in a name...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3059695)   #86
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A Lotus, by any other name.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3059753)   #87
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's not a Lotus by any means.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3059760)   #88
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
It's not a Lotus by any means.
I was being sarcastic. It's a take on the line 'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet' said by Juliet in Shakespeare's tragedy Romeo and Juliet.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3059783)   #89
S14
Racer

Ireland
Rocky Mountain Region, United States
S14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Lotus' design is nothing like the 78;
The 72 is far more red than her endplates' red:
If roundels be white, why then her numbers are dun...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3060131)   #90
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What's in a name...
A couple of mil I reckon
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3060151)   #91
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What's in a name...
I am not sure but the present outfit bears no resemblance to the outfit formerly known as Lotus and headed by Colin Chapman - in my head anyway!

I am over this re-incarnation in any form!
Old 16 Apr 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3060229)   #92
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I am not sure but the present outfit bears no resemblance to the outfit formerly known as Lotus and headed by Colin Chapman - in my head anyway!

I am over this re-incarnation in any form!
I felt that the current Caterham team was closer to a proper Lotus F1 team than the current Lotus GP, but it might be all that marketing hype.
Old 25 May 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3079336)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bye Bye Dany Bahar
Old 26 May 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3079639)   #94
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering that Bahar has been suspended, I wish no end to the theatrics of the Lotus circus!
Old 27 May 2012, 00:04 (Ref:3079690)   #95
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Bahar Humbug!
Old 27 May 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3079717)   #96
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Bahar Humbug!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3087179)   #97
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Bahar's finally been got rid of by Group Lotus.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100172
Old 9 Jun 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3087816)   #98
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Joe Saward's View...

Someone isnt sad to see Mr Bahar go...
Old 9 Jun 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3087865)   #99
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Joe Saward's View...

Someone isnt sad to see Mr Bahar go...
Realistically, has not Lotus been propped up by a series of owners throwing money into a money losing operation for many years now?
Old 15 Jul 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3106768)   #100
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting article by Mike Lawrence on Lotus. I agree a lot with his logic.
I hope a sports car manufacturer by that name lives on in its current home with its proper DNA.

http://www.pitpass.com/46803-Lotus: