Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2000, 09:54 (Ref:16409)   #1
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

afterall he is british and he drives for a british team.

ralf beat him 7-0 on those 7 sundays...

so, hype or no hype?
Old 9 Jun 2000, 13:06 (Ref:16431)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Button is fast but will need a few years to get his head around how political, perception oriented, and money driven F1 is. Sir Frank has admitted as much that the Williams drivers do not get the same equipement, and a lot will depend on how Button manages to deal with this. After all he has suffered several engine failures and Ralf only one I believe. One of the biggest problems faced by Button is the atmosphere at Williams. They are firm believers that the car is everything and most any driver will do and this can damage the approval seeking driver's psyche.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 13:20 (Ref:16435)   #3
jadsia
Rookie

jadsia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson certainly has the ability, but as KC has stated they do not have the same equipment in both cars. As for the Jensons car failing him so many times.... It could be because the car is not up to scratch or that he is not driving it right. Remember that the majority of times his car has failed is towards the end of a race. It is debatable whether he has what it takes psychologically to be an F1 driver but to be honest I think only time will tell.
Old 9 Jun 2000, 16:44 (Ref:16464)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
No way ...jenson is the real deal and I havent as excited about a new F1 driver for many years..if you dont beleive go and check out his website and look at his history...shows that this kid has what it takes...but i will admit he has alot to learn and should be given time to learn his craft but in the future i think he will be a star if he isnt already.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 02:27 (Ref:16530)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I call him another Damon Hill. Nothing to sneer at, but nothing to write up there beside Prost et al. either. And now that he's going to be somewhere other than Williams, he'll have to redesign his trademarked clothing line. Or sign with a blue and white team. (Prost? BAR?)