Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 Oct 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3158003)   #51
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind Jack Burnicle for British and World superbikes but I do wish he would stop inventing verbs! He also seems to have a habit of describing the physical looks or attributes of riders and such which I find a bit uncomfortable. I don't know what that adds. Yes,a particular rider walks a certain way you may consider feminine but so what, no everyone looks elegant walking in tight fitting bike leathers!

Other than that, he's alright, just needs to let Whitham get in a word sometimes.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3158158)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have noticed shouting in football commentary recently and it really, really cheeses me off.

Apparently you have to be a fan to commentate, its in all the trails, all the adverts. Silly little men sitting in a box losing their voices over a stupid game!

I mean I wouldnt mind if you were in the stands, but dont do it on the radio, it makes you look what you are? A pathetic little man shouting into a microphone with a headset on! Stop it and man up!
Old 26 Oct 2012, 23:53 (Ref:3158275)   #53
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

THE USA can keep LEIGH DIFFEY we don't want the ****** back in OZ and anybody can have MIKE RAYMOND and MATT WHITE as well. ALL are the worst australia have.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 00:42 (Ref:3158287)   #54
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I have noticed shouting in football commentary recently and it really, really cheeses me off.

Apparently you have to be a fan to commentate, its in all the trails, all the adverts. Silly little men sitting in a box losing their voices over a stupid game!

I mean I wouldnt mind if you were in the stands, but dont do it on the radio, it makes you look what you are? A pathetic little man shouting into a microphone with a headset on! Stop it and man up!
It's called painting a picture for the people that cannot see what's actually happening, if they're in another room or possibly blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs fly View Post
THE USA can keep LEIGH DIFFEY we don't want the ****** back in OZ and anybody can have MIKE RAYMOND and MATT WHITE as well. ALL are the worst australia have.
matty white really isn't that bad. i didnt like him at first but he's grown.

the weak link in the ch7 crew is crompo, imo. he needs to stop saying crap like "reset the throttle" and instead just say "had to lift."
Old 27 Oct 2012, 08:18 (Ref:3158355)   #55
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, OK whoever you are, but I am British and feel no need to shout. Sorry about that old boy
Old 27 Oct 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3158463)   #56
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
THE USA can keep LEIGH DIFFEY...
I don't mind Diffey, admittedly I haven't heard him in full flow for about ten years or so but when he used to do World superbikes, I actually liked his style.

I'll get me coat.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3158565)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
He was fine doing WSBK, but was even firther up Bayliss's bottom than Steve Martin! Aand that is prety far
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3159028)   #58
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't mind Leigh Diffey and think it's important we bear in mind the environment he broadcasts in. Speed is an affiliate of Fox and Speed's mandate - like most US TV - is to try and generate a mass audience. The result is commentary in the form of a sales pitch, over-eulogising the action, the participants and being simple-minded in order to make it comprehensible to those new to the sport. The result is good commentators making aggravating 'sales pitch' commentary. I know the Speed team have been occasionally caught unawares making derogatory remarks thinking they were off-air after they had lavished praise on the same driver during their commentary flow.

A guy like David Addison is a niche commentator usually with a niche audience of informed enthusiasts so he doesn't have to patronise the audience and you know that when he complements a move/performance; its a move/performance that merits that compliment.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3159241)   #59
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tim Harvey (BTCC) - knows what he is talking about and delivers it well.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 07:16 (Ref:3159357)   #60
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The kind of visceral hatred directed towards James Allen is a mysterious thing to me. Legard, yes. A football autocue reader with three or four wooden catchphrases on a two-hour feedback loop but Allen wasn't that bad a commentator,
Yes he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Jeremy Shaw and David Addison would be the commentary team in which you would want for nothing.
That's a very good combination.

Quote:
Fair enough with Diffey and White, but what was wrong with Mike "Pete Griffin" Raymond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
matty white really isn't that bad.
Yes he is. To make it worse, he's not even a guy who like motorsport. He a **** who likes the V8 industry and being a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
the weak link in the ch7 crew is crompo, imo. he needs to stop saying crap like "reset the throttle" and instead just say "had to lift."
Yes. Neil was good enough 20+ years ago, when he was racing as well, he is now a complete joke of a commentator. "V8Supercarland" "brake/tyre set" I heard him use the word "incentivise" one time.

**** off Neil, you're now a worse commentator than you were a racing driver. That is pretty bad.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3160263)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me, being a Le Mans nut, the best commentating partnership I have ever had the pleasure of listening to was Ian Titchmarsh and Paul Truswell. With Martin Haven's wit thrown in for good measure, the perfect team, IMO.