Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 May 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3246790)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Get a grip James, you were in charge of Delta IT! Liam Rowlay and YT are now at favourite Ouistreham MaccyD. McFlurry for him and Frappe for me, but goodness knows how he can eat after the amount consumed at lunchtime. Suppose a few calories burned off when trailer tyre threw a tread which then tore mudguard virtually off and bent bracket onto tyre! And within spitting distance of Caen......

Had a fantastic time at Pau and delighted that Iain and James went so well. Tupper's brush with authority in race 2 a shame but detail will have to wait until home and less tired. Best result is all cars returning home with bodywork intact and still healthy!

Old 13 May 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3246796)   #52
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sure was great weekend the little lotus going well it's taken me three years to sort out all the mechanics but I can now start to sort out handling and save up for some new tyres that's it now till portinao but till then I will have her apart just to make sure engine , gear box , ect . First race it was nearly all over as on first lap going up the hill throttle James open I did a couple of corners on the ignition switch but lost my seventh place . I was a bit carefull after that but seemed ok must of been a stone anyway chased after the Frenchman who got by me and did get back on his tale but the traffic was not very kind so had to settle for eighth. Second race and I dropped to eighth at the start then cought and passed him on lap two stayed there untill Finnish with him breathing down my neck . Could not of managed the weekend without mike I even let him drive the delta truck for a few hours as a thank you. Good too meet up with all the tent hers but so missed one person who was taken from us last week
Old 13 May 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3246826)   #53
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Looks like you boys had a bit of fun out there, I notice your spelling and grammar has come on leaps and bounds Iain !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 May 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3246869)   #54
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Looks like you boys had a bit of fun out there, I notice your spelling and grammar has come on leaps and bounds Iain !
Off-shore European spell checker Gordon.

One can never trust them.

Probably the 'phone re-configured to an AZERTY keyboard as well. Frankly you don't stand a chance once across the channel ....
Old 13 May 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3246872)   #55
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes we did, thanks Gordon. Lovely event in a lovely location. Highly recommended.

Re your second sentence sentence- could have been the effects of Sugar Rush and predictive text combining..........

Old 13 May 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3246911)   #56
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain having an extremely rare sit down ... And a somewhat less rare cup of tea!

Grant, note nice shiny Lotus 22...
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 13 May 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3246920)   #57
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Technophobia strikes

Can anyone tell me why the picture i just posted turned up on it's side???!

Is it anything to do with Iain's spelling and grammar?

To try to make up for that operator error, you should find a nice one of Iain the right way up here, the first one, blue and yellow car 64: http://www.grandprixdepauhistorique....trophee-junior
Old 13 May 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3246947)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Can anyone tell me why the picture i just posted turned up on it's side???!
Probably because you posted it that way ?
Anyway I just turn the monitor on it's side !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 May 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3246949)   #59
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Easy peasy
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 13 May 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3246950)   #60
JonT
Rookie

United Kingdom
Copthorne West Sussex
JonT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Met Nigel Batchelor and the amazing Climax V8 engined Kieft. I first saw this car at See Red a few years ago when it was on display after restoration. Rather worryingly this evening it was not in its tent so hopefully not permanently gone..... Aother tenther, Peter Horsman was just going out on track when left circuit and don't know how he did. When leaving the bar had a brief chat with a group of English marshals who were flagging at La Gare corner today. If you ever read this, nice to meet you.
As one of the six UK marshals there it is a great place to be. Must be as have been coming back since 1984. Maybe it is the magret and madiron which influence my decision. Regret that the Kieft came to grief in what seemed a very minor off into the tyre wall.

Next will be the frites at Spa for the Classic in two weeks but the schedule is 3 very long days.

JonT
Old 14 May 2013, 07:05 (Ref:3247142)   #61
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
Quote:
Easy peasy
Thanks Gordon!

JonT, thanks to all the marshals. Mike and Iain met some UK marshals from Turn One and told me to give you all a big wave which I duly did after each race. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

James
Old 15 May 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3247680)   #62
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There are lots of stories that would like to tell about the trip, but finding time will be difficult during next few days with other racing happening!

However, this is important. As he mentioned earlier in this thread, Christian Deveraux was due to race in the French Mini races at Pau, before being so tragically taken from us the weekend before. In tribute the Minis at the event carried Christian's #67 on the roof and his name on the side, and a one minute silence was observed during the podium ceremony for the first race.
Attached Thumbnails
67a.jpg   67b.jpg  
Old 15 May 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3247725)   #63
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic thing for those guys to do,excellent!
Old 15 May 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3247958)   #64
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's brilliant, and so simple but very touching.
Old 15 May 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3247961)   #65
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Just read Mr Bells post on this ....thats very nice of them all and very touching