Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2013, 19:48 (Ref:3221367)   #26
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well folks,

another gem for next Wednesday 27th.

James Haydon.

Any bike fans get on the FORC website and book your seat now, because once again it is virtually a sell out already.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 09:52 (Ref:3224881)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if this man will be present?
Attached Thumbnails
Image (5).jpg  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3225195)   #28
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Almost certainly Terence.

As i just said in the other thread where Jack was being mentioned, he is a regular attendee at FORC meetings and i talk to him most times. He farms further up the road in deepest Norfolk and has often driven his Galaxy to the various FORC events at Snetterton.

You would be amazed at the number of drivers, engineers, mechanics, performance car owners, etc, etc, who come to the FORC events. As of today it,s a sell out for tomorrow night, James Haydon, and for Tony Brooks next month. Even our John Smith is driving up from Surrey to see Tony, and you would be amazed the distances people come to listen to our top line guests.

FORC is unique, an evening motorsport gathering like no other.
Old 27 Mar 2013, 06:49 (Ref:3225393)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes,I know where Jack lives,been there once or twice. It was the "one for the road" that got to me! Was supposed to have done the Galaxy for Jack as well,problem being that when i tried to drive it into the w/shop,the door was too small!
Old 28 Mar 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3225927)   #30
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Oh what a night.

Full house again. James Haydon was at his best and another superlative insight into motorsport on two wheels.

Tony Brooks event next month is a full house already.
You don,t get these opportunities very much nowadays to be up close and personal to the personalities we draw to FORC, both as speakers and in the audience.
Old 18 Apr 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3236048)   #31
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Less than a week to go before the Tony Brooks night.

Last i heard it is once again to capacity, but anyone wanting to go should get onto the FORC websight quickly and register, just in case there are any last minute cancelations.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3239176)   #32
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Another outstanding and unique event last night. Packed house as usual.

Our own John Smith drove all the way up from Surrey so as not to miss this one and had a very enjoyable night. So many wanted to chat with him.

Other tenthers there as well.

If you are into historic racing in any way, you really are missing totally unique opportunities to be "up close and personal" to the guest speakers that the FORC attract. As the years go on the pool inevitably gets lower so you should bath in it when you can.

Tony Brooks, like so many of the speakers, gave us detailed insight that never comes out in print, and i have to say that no one has ever attracted a longer queue for signatures and answering personal questions so long after the actual sit down talk itself. The tea,coffee and cakes and camaraderie are just unique.

Old 25 Apr 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3239251)   #33
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It was a wonderful evening and, like the Michelin Guide used to say "well worth the journey". A big thank you to everybody who said 'hello' and a very special 'thank you' to Graham (GT917) for reserving my seat and generally 'looking after' me - it was very much appreciated.
I even found my way back to Thetford - eventually!
Tony Brooks was great and so good to hear a Grand Prix driver speak without the obligatory 'PR' person sitting on their shoulder. Neither of us could remember why he didn't give me the job that he interviewed me for in the '60's.
I'm sure that I'll return later in the year.