Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3693120)   #31
JeremySmith
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
I don't think Mercedes is going to pander to LH's wishes and get an inexperienced sub-standard driver. I'm sure that they are going to aim for the top of the heap type drivers like Max, Fernando and Seb
I don't believe that Lewis would want to partner with a "sub standard" team mate, what makes you think that ???
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3693121)   #32
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya is kicking around without a full time drive......perhaps this is the top seat that he always coveted......I bet Bernie could get involved for the right big name driver to get big viewing figures in south america.....Montoya-Hamilton.....that would be a royal ding-dong and then some!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3693123)   #33
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgert should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't believe that either.
Furthermore, I think Mercedes will make the driver choice and don't need Lewis' assistance for that.

A consideration for them may be that a slightly less proven driver (i.e no race wins) but with enough race experience (Perez/Sainz/Grosjean/Bottas) may not be as challenging to Lewis early on, thus keep the driver management easy; yet be good enough to pick up lots of points and ready to win when Lewis (or his car stumbles).
Maybe that would be a nice change for the team itself.

Such choice would hardly be sub-standard IMO.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3693126)   #34
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Montoya is kicking around without a full time drive......perhaps this is the top seat that he always coveted......I bet Bernie could get involved for the right big name driver to get big viewing figures in south america.....Montoya-Hamilton.....that would be a royal ding-dong and then some!
Wow! That would be an interesting combination. Yeah, there would be fireworks there. Although, it's unlikely to happen, what with Monty being in IndyCar and looking happy there. I suspect that he'd probably have difficulty going back to F1.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:29 (Ref:3693138)   #35
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Mercedes could do a lot worse than giving Andre Lotterer a call,he may have the time and the interest as well as some ability.A twelve month contract would buy some time to develop a long term solution and he is hardly unknown in Japan.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3693158)   #36
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I think Mercedes could do a lot worse than giving Andre Lotterer a call,he may have the time and the interest as well as some ability.A twelve month contract would buy some time to develop a long term solution and he is hardly unknown in Japan.
After Audi exit, Lotterer has already switched to Porsche LMP1 WEC next year. I doubt he would have been on the Mercedes short list anyhow.

Richard
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3693160)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
If they want a solution for 1 season Button is the man.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3693161)   #38
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is absolutely inconceivable that it will be anyone other than Wehrlein.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3693175)   #39
old man
Subscriber
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

My bet is we don't see a decision this side of Christmas and then it will be a youngster, not an established star.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3693178)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Montoya would have to go on a crash diet to get back into an F1 car.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3693182)   #41
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please Mercedes, give it to Alonso.

He is the only driver truly capable of taking it to Hamilton in every area. Speed,
race craft, mental strength, self belief and experience. He's ready right now and has been for the past 10 years.

Verstappen needs one more season......
Old 2 Dec 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3693188)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i doubt anyone really knows who it will be at the moment even mercedes, but it is fun speculating, vettel must be high on the list as he and Ferrari are not on good terms at the moment, and as said he is German and experienced.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 20:07 (Ref:3693190)   #43
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of the names mooted are hillarious. Button, Montoya...really? Merc will want someone motivated.

Get Ricciardo, Alonso or Verstappen in there to mess with Hamilton who IS mentally weak when things don't go his way. Verstappen is defo not available though. Alonso and Vettel would be I think.

Not sure if Vettel could challenge Hamilton. He needs a perfect car for him to be brilliant. He has become erratic and somewhat inconsistent. He'll retire in a year or two I think.

Bottas and Kimi are second string and no match for Hamilton.

Any of the Merc juniors would be destroyed before their careers even start so forget them for now.

I feel it'll be Bottas with Pascal W to Williams with a sweetened engine deal.
Old 2 Dec 2016, 20:16 (Ref:3693192)   #44
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No ALONSO !!!! We need to see who's the best before Fernando retires.

F1 needs Ali vs Frazier, Borg vs McEnroe, Senna vs Prost.

Sort it Bernie and gets bums on seats
Old 2 Dec 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3693197)   #45
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
You just made my mouth water a bit...