Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Mar 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1259045)   #201
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, great to have D and JBell coming out to play. Just wish it were the car Derek was last associated with, although truth be told more 'vettes is just fine with me, too.

Maybe Derek and "Stuckie" could drive one, and Justin and Johannes could drive the other.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Mar 2005, 04:32 (Ref:1259439)   #202
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Just wish it were the car Derek was last associated with.
Bentley ?

Is there anybody to race with the brand new Jaguar GT ?
Old 23 Mar 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1259779)   #203
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Bentley ?
Mmmmm....

Although I still prefer the '01 and '02 versions, he was a brilliant ambassador for them in '03. The best commentary on Speed TV that year was when he joined the booth - I think with both Hobbs and de Cadenet.

So long as he's not trying to hustle an Audi S4 around la Sarthe...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1260135)   #204
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Hope you're right on the Astons. Just don't tell me you think it's Bobby Rahal.

From the ALMS forum:-

'I am also meeting a manufacturer of a very british GT car next week, you never know, we may end up being the first team to run cars in P1, P2 and GT1 simultaneously (though I am sure that someone will prove me wrong here)

Lets just say, that we are VERY comitted to this race series, and growing our team to become a big player, that will soon take on the likes of the works teams.

Viva ALMS

Ben Ingram'

Last edited by JAG; 23 Mar 2005 at 20:19.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1260153)   #205
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
From the ALMS forum:-

'I am also meeting a manufacturer of a very british GT car next week, you never know, we may end up being the first team to run cars in P1, P2 and GT1 simultaneously (though I am sure that someone will prove me wrong here)

Lets just say, that we are VERY comitted to this race series, and growing our team to become a big player, that will soon take on the likes of the works teams.

Viva ALMS

Ben Ingram'

Can we have Ben Ingram cloned?

That could be very big news for the ALMS! Ironic that the very british Derek Bell has chosen to go very American with his choice of weapon.

(This is getting a bit off thread!)
Old 24 Mar 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1260333)   #206
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe
Miss Sebring got a much more polite response.

robert
Had brunch with her and her boyfriend Sunday morn, wonderful girl...

Old 24 Mar 2005, 02:50 (Ref:1260351)   #207
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
Had brunch with her and her boyfriend Sunday morn, wonderful girl...

OK, you go to far more races then I do, and you have brunch with Ms. Sebring too?

I hate you, I really, really do!

(actually, I think she and the one from last year both live and attend school in my little home town, I would be happy to treat them to brunch anytime )

Last edited by skycafe; 24 Mar 2005 at 02:51.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 03:20 (Ref:1260360)   #208
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL

Didn't say I treated them...

Of course eating with me would be a treat anytime...
Old 25 Mar 2005, 02:59 (Ref:1261235)   #209
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I feel obligated to treat last year's Miss Sebring to brunch seeing as how I blocked her car going on the parade lap while I photographed one of the Audi UK cars. I was going to move even if the parade car driver hadn't honked his horn. I wonder if she will remember?

I also nearly was able to step into the path of the Pirelli Girl's golf cart last year too. I think if I had been run over by them I could have gotten a sympathy vote. Maybe the simpleton vote?

Ah well.

robert

Last edited by skycafe; 25 Mar 2005 at 03:00.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1261375)   #210
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can someone explain to me something. the maserati can race in fia gt, and with invitation in the alms. when the "legal" car arrives in alms, and presumably then an attempt at an invite to 2006 le mans...will they still be running their current car in fia gt...or will they ditch it and attempt fia gt, alms, le mans, (+ lmes?)...with the one "legal for all" car?

forgive my ignorance please.

Last edited by kdr; 25 Mar 2005 at 11:29.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1261440)   #211
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bet is that they bury the current car
Old 25 Mar 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1261444)   #212
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
can someone explain to me something. the maserati can race in fia gt, and with invitation in the alms. when the "legal" car arrives in alms, and presumably then an attempt at an invite to 2006 le mans...will they still be running their current car in fia gt...or will they ditch it and attempt fia gt, alms, le mans, (+ lmes?)...with the one "legal for all" car?

forgive my ignorance please.
The current car has to be replaced by the 2006 FIA GT season.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1261446)   #213
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
The current car has to be replaced by the 2006 FIA GT season.

thanks. it may still be a little too gtp looking for a gt1 imho...but it goes some way to being a little more acceptable if its fitting everyones rule book.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1261628)   #214
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that cutting 2.5 cm to each side of the car is very painful to the designers, I'm wondering why they didn't already do this.
This car is splendid even if it's less eye-catching than the Enzo. Can't wait to see it at Le Mans !