Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Dec 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2798573)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I keep forgetting I am 62 thats my problem!
Not far behind you - I forget whether I've forgotten that I'm 60, but as I said to the young lady who was conducting my "Cardio-vascular risk" check the other day - I still don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up.....

On another note - we've had a set of 888s on the 944 all this season - done 6 meetings, each of 30 minutes practice and a 40 minute race, and there's still a good few meets left in them....

and I think the 924 will be a good car for the 360 - when we were at Snett this year although I could walk away from the 924s on the straight, they were if anything quicker through Coram - just easier to drive as they could just sit on the power whilst I was having to balance the throttle....tho of course I'd probably just run out of talent.....
Old 2 Dec 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2798632)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
My mind still goes back to when you could buy a bolt in roll cage for a couple of hundred quid and go racing. Now you would be looking at about £1500 for a custom cage plus the vat, and thats only the start of it!.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2798650)   #28
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
My mind still goes back to when you could buy a bolt in roll cage for a couple of hundred quid and go racing. Now you would be looking at about £1500 for a custom cage plus the vat, and thats only the start of it!.
Worth looking here, Al?
Old 21 Dec 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2807003)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Latest update

The date for this has now been confirmed as 18/19th June 2011 (can it be included on the calendar Peter Mallet please).

Also another exciting development that can now be annouced is there will also be races for the Landsdown Classic Motorcycle Series so this must be pretty unique in the UK a shared Bike and car meeting and can only add to the excitement of the weekend. I have watched these guys race and believe me they give it everything and the noise is incredible so if your bag includes Vellocette Vipers, HRD's, Manx Nortons AJS7R's BSA Goldies etc then this is definitely a date for the diary. In fact this will bring me full circle as it was at Mallory that I witnessed my first ever race and that was motorcyles way back in the 60's.

http://www.lansdowneclassicseries.com/
Old 21 Dec 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2807006)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done
Old 21 Dec 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2807029)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thanks Peter you are a star!
Old 21 Dec 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2807031)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually if you look at that weekend there is nothing of a similar nature happening. Should be an excellent event.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2807033)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats great! We also have some other very exciting developments that I will annouce once firmed up.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2807100)   #34
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame I have been booked to do podium interviews at Combe that day
Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2807166)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Tis a shame Ian.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 19:55 (Ref:2811161)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
More news and special treat for Alfaholic!

More news here, note we will be entertaining the Alfa Romeo Owners Club and hosting some races for them. http://www.classictouringcars.com/ra...llory_2011.doc

News of more special treats to follow.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2811202)   #37
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All looks very interesting....................but...............is the paddock big enough??
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 4 Jan 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2811205)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have never had problems getting in, whats changed?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2811211)   #39
Moosehead
Veteran

Nothing, I'm just thinking that a normal race meeting fills the paddock, so thats the usual CTCRC races, then add the bike guys, then add the Alfa guys and then add the Sprint guys..........thats a lot of paddock space.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2811216)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its over two days though.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2811236)   #41
Moosehead
Veteran

So if I did the pre 66 race would that be on just one day and if so I'm guessing I'd be expected to only be in the paddock on race day?
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2811238)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Blimey no time table as yet Moosie, this is club racing dont you know! SeriouslyI havnt got a clue may well be double headers one on each day in fact could well be. aCTUALLY LAST TWO OCCASSIONS IT WAS DOUBLE HEADER FOR THE 66'S AND SINGLE HEADERS FOR THE REST (Sorry to shout!) This time however we will have more time because of the silly curfews at Lydden.
Old 4 Jan 2011, 22:52 (Ref:2811244)   #43
Moosehead
Veteran

No worries Al, just that we now try to make our race days into race weekends even if it means spectating one day,so once encamped in the paddock we like to stay there
Old 5 Jan 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2811667)   #44
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Thats OK you can watch me and i'll watch you, hopefully we will have a Falcon out in your race as the 66's need some V8's to shake em up a bit (IMHO).