Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Nov 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2795277)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, what I should have said was that I think that recently the FIA have ruled that for new circuits there is a minimum and maximum length of the overall circuit lap length that I felt might have been 5kms at the minimum end.

Re the shortest lap, although a very established track, Monaco is only 3.3kms longand the race length due to the low speed and the 2 hour limit is only 260 kms or so.

Can you imagine the safety uproar from an F1 driver on watching the Cam McConville huge and as it happens very lucky off at last years L&H 500 V8SC race?

For those who may not have seen this.....
Cam McConvilles Lucky Day. Phillip Island 2009 V8SC
Old 25 Nov 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2795719)   #27
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, start in a great motor racing country; Australia.

end in another great racing country;Brazil.

Melbourne and Interlagos are two fantastic tracks to me, though I have got nothing against Abu Dhabi (ok so maybe a few tweeks here and there would improve it but it's an immense venue)

Argentina as the penultimate round as well though (potrero de los funes) hmm, San Luis and Sao Paulo, certainly a fun way to end a season....
Old 14 Dec 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2804496)   #28
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
PI is also I think too short a lap distance for a new circuit (less than 4.5klms)

No need to wait for a GP..... just go to the Phillip Island Historic meeting, always on the week before the GP, and where I will be always in preference to the GP.....

Then you can witness the spectacle of a larger grid (even with non starters some 28 cars) of F5000 cars thundering into T1.... and you can watch with no extra charge from the roof of the pitlane garages. (its only $50 for an all area access ticket for the three days of the meeting) Plus you will see overtaking a plenty. And yes, the earth beneath you will move as they thunder past!

Plus you can wander in and out of the pitlane garages taking all the photos you want of some far more interesting and historically more important cars than any current F1 grid.
There are plenty of clips on youtube (Search Phillip Island Historics F5000).

Edit: Oops. Forgot in my F5000 excitement to answer the thread question.
Simple answer: Albert Park for starters and Interlagos for a good climax
I don't think I would mind a high entrancy fee as much as I would mind the cost of flying to Australia....
Old 14 Dec 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2804565)   #29
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
PI is also I think too short a lap distance for a new circuit (less than 4.5klms)

No need to wait for a GP..... just go to the Phillip Island Historic meeting, always on the week before the GP, and where I will be always in preference to the GP.....

Then you can witness the spectacle of a larger grid (even with non starters some 28 cars) of F5000 cars thundering into T1.... and you can watch with no extra charge from the roof of the pitlane garages. (its only $50 for an all area access ticket for the three days of the meeting) Plus you will see overtaking a plenty. And yes, the earth beneath you will move as they thunder past!

Plus you can wander in and out of the pitlane garages taking all the photos you want of some far more interesting and historically more important cars than any current F1 grid.
There are plenty of clips on youtube (Search Phillip Island Historics F5000).

Edit: Oops. Forgot in my F5000 excitement to answer the thread question.
Simple answer: Albert Park for starters and Interlagos for a good climax
Everything he said ...

Include old F1s like the 1980 Ferrari, 73 McLaren etc and old touring cars and the most gl;orious looking sports cars ever like the Lola T70, Ford GT40 etc etc

cant wait ... never to be missed