Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2802027)   #1
Mr Motorvator
Rookie

Mr Motorvator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Lotus-Renault Car Design

Anyone else think that is one fine looking car? Hope they dont change the design too much as that is one to standout on the grid next year - i think it may have ovetaken the mclaren as the nicest looking car out there - it even matches with the new Pirelli rubber!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88616
Old 9 Dec 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2802031)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those red endplates just look truly horrific though. I suppose the Pirelli writing on the tyres would look even nicer in gold effect.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2802032)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind the red endplates.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2802035)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Most people got used to the red end plates on the Renault. No worse than the red bits on the McLaren IMO.

What we may not get used to is trying to figure out which Lotus is which. Maybe one won't have red end plates? So maybe that will be the best one already?
Old 9 Dec 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2802039)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Real Lotus are reconsidering what colour scheme because the Enstone team are going black and gold, Mike Gascoyne did a twitter poll and the classic green and yellow (1967 and 2010 livery) won, then black and gold (a la JPS) with red and gold (a la Gold Leaf presumably) third. One livery I thought of would be tweaking the Gold Leaf look in to an AirAsia one by tweaking the shade of red.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2802060)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
What red endplates?

http://www.electroduo.com/LotusT128AS/
Old 9 Dec 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2802061)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice
i do like Team Lotus interpretation of the JPS scheme more. particularly the thinner gold trim.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2802072)   #8
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So are both teams going to be black/gold !? ... how confusing !?
Old 9 Dec 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2802074)   #9
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's an OK livery. Doesn't seem particularly suited to the Renault though, especially with the red endplates. I much preferred last season's look.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2802087)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
nice
i do like Team Lotus interpretation of the JPS scheme more. particularly the thinner gold trim.
Yes, it's a much better interpretation of the JPS livery than that 'other' team managed. Got it as screen saver now (after a bit of photo-shopping).
Old 9 Dec 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2802102)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice livery, I like it.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2802110)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Apparently JPS (Imperial Tobacco Group) had no idea that all of this was going on until today!
Old 9 Dec 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2802111)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well they weren't paying attention then!

Anyway. Anyone got a light?
Old 9 Dec 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2802126)   #14
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Nice.......better than the LotRen interpretation......
Old 9 Dec 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2802138)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
Nice.......better than the LotRen interpretation......
Indeed. It's one-up for TeaLot as far as I'm concerned!
Old 9 Dec 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2802147)   #16
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TeaLot......LOL

Maybe we should have a competition to see who can come up with the best names for the two teams.....

So far we have TeaLot and LotRen......
Old 9 Dec 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2802158)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of teams...
Old 9 Dec 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2802161)   #18
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
SOULMATE

SOUL RENTAL

I think that sums it all up for me.....
Old 9 Dec 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2802173)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Soulmate ??????

Old 9 Dec 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2802203)   #20
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chapman

and

Chap down the road selling fakes
Old 10 Dec 2010, 02:34 (Ref:2802273)   #21
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
looks like its going to be best looking car on the grid
Old 10 Dec 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2802331)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massa_number1 View Post
looks like its going to be best looking car on the grid
Is that the TeaLot or the LotRen? Or whatever it/they will end up being called by the time the season begins.

Why on earth Autosport can be so sure as to which one is the real one totally baffles me. Brown envelope?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2802478)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
GLTL, and JPS, shirley?
Seeing as TL will rethink the black/gold scheme...

Mayhap they may CAMEL it?
Old 10 Dec 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2802562)   #24
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
meanwhile the tabacco companies rub their hands together at this free legit advertising that they have no part in what so ever!
Old 10 Dec 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2802590)   #25
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Is that the TeaLot or the LotRen? Or whatever it/they will end up being called by the time the season begins.

Why on earth Autosport can be so sure as to which one is the real one totally baffles me. Brown envelope?
I wondered about Autosports attitude too, but after some thought dismissed it, but you may be right. It does seem as though they are taking sides and promoting one as the legitimate heir and dissing the other.

On the other hand the car is sponsored by Lotus, entered as a Renault and is as a team Lotus Renault, owned by Genii, but do they refer to Vodafone McLaren, Marlboro Ferrari, Petronas Mercedes, AT&T Williams in the same way....