Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Dec 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2802979)   #26
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pity. Removes last vestige of F1's claim to be a sport.

Jim
Old 11 Dec 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2802985)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That brief period between 2003 and 2010 when F1 was a sport
Old 11 Dec 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2802986)   #28
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post

Jim
It's a disgrace!
Old 11 Dec 2010, 17:31 (Ref:2803004)   #29
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That brief period between 2003 and 2010 when F1 was a sport
Possibly, but I was really thinking of pre Bernie.

Regards

Jim
Old 11 Dec 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2803005)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I feel masking team orders with "Fuel is critical!" messages is far more insulting to my intelligence...
Which is unfortunate for you, because that's the sort of thing we're going to be hearing a lot more of from now on.

TBH I think that "Fernando-Is-Faster-Than-You" takes some beating in the "insulting to my intelligence" stakes. That's the sort of thing that may still breach article 151c, as indeed it did.

When McLaren told their drivers that "Fuel is critical", fuel was actually critical. I don't think that Fernando was actually faster than Felipe. He should have been because Ferrari had told Massa to turn his engine down, which he did. I have the feeling that Massa will get those same messages a lot more often next season.

Still, it will be a talking point come the new season.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2803033)   #31
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
When McLaren told their drivers that "Fuel is critical", fuel was actually critical.
How do you know ?
Old 11 Dec 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2803042)   #32
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
How do you know ?
It's fairly common knowledge that after the race had finished, both McLaren's were very low on fuel.

http://www.patronisef1.com/index.php...-turkey-report
Old 11 Dec 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2803043)   #33
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A report from Autosport.
Whow, that's credible.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2803053)   #34
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
A report from Autosport.
Whow, that's credible.
Stop being a dick. I see it all over this forum and I'm beginning to get fed up by it.
Old 11 Dec 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2803082)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
A report from Autosport.
Whow, that's credible.
Would you have rather it be from La Gazzetta Dello Sport ?
Old 11 Dec 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2803092)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Relax boys and girls... no need to be rude.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2803140)   #37
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm glad there is more clarity to it and I'll settle for it but I don't agree with it.

I would've preferred they'd ban team orders altogether but I suppose they couldn't stand up to Ferrari who would insist on sabotaging the rules they don't like. Particularly on a point so cardinal to their ethos but meaningless to a lot of their fans.

Last edited by Paradise City; 12 Dec 2010 at 01:19.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 01:13 (Ref:2803144)   #38
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Possibly, but I was really thinking of pre Bernie.

Regards

Jim
Well, there has been team orders since way before BCE was in charge, it was a part of the DNA since way way back. For example when multiple drivers gave up their ride to give Fangio a car. So I think the only period that there was no team orders was infact that 2003-2010 period. Even tho there were team orders pretty much every race. Most of the time disguised, but some of the time they didnt even bother disguising it. For example, I remember Kovalainen being told to move over for Hamilton at one occasion
Old 12 Dec 2010, 05:28 (Ref:2803171)   #39
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ciaron Pilbeam: Marky baby, Seb. Is Faster. Than you. Do you understand?
Mark Webber: Get ****ed.
Ciaron Pilbeam: Well said. Well said.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 09:45 (Ref:2803195)   #40
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's fairly common knowledge that after the race had finished, both McLaren's were very low on fuel.

http://www.patronisef1.com/index.php...-turkey-report
Irrespective of whether it was reported by Autosport or Gazetto... or anyone else, it originated from 'a source within the team'... which might as well have been their PR department sandbagging. There was nothing official from the FIA post race and that's the point. We just don't know.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2803204)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
And that really was the point about team orders. We just didn't know for sure....until the German GP came along.

I also remember team orders from way back when. You basically had a one car team with one or more 'spare' cars circulating the track ready to be handed over to the number one driver should his 'vastly superior to yours because he had chosen all the best bits for it' car ever break down.

Unfortunately this practice stayed, even when better mechanical tollerances on engines, gearboxes etc provided virtually equal cars for all drivers in the team.

But, like I say, I'm OK with team orders because you can't stop people lieing can you Mr Todt.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2803244)   #42
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But, like I say, I'm OK with team orders because you can't stop people lieing can you Mr Todt.
Indeed...
Old 12 Dec 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2803250)   #43
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Jim
Exaclty.....It will be WWF on wheels only worse because at leat with WWF both sides have a fighting chance. Is there any point to watching this so called sport?

Quote:
At least Ferrari and Redbull dont have to pretend we are stupid anymore....

I do wonder if teams will state their no.1 from day 1 or wait and see on standings.....
Old 12 Dec 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2803252)   #44
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
I also remember team orders from way back when. You basically had a one car team with one or more 'spare' cars circulating the track ready to be handed over to the number one driver should his 'vastly superior to yours because he had chosen all the best bits for it' car ever break down.
Yep... the Derek Daly and Keke Rosberg situation at Williams in 1982 was almost comical it was so ridiculous.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2803289)   #45
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suppose we can expect the bat and ball journalists to get very indignant about the rule change after somebody tells them about it.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 14:27 (Ref:2803293)   #46
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead View Post
Exaclty.....It will be WWF on wheels only worse because at leat with WWF both sides have a fighting chance.
Far from it...
WWF is entirely scripted and the outcome has always been decided weeks and months before the "fights".
Old 12 Dec 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2803311)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Far from it...
WWF is entirely scripted and the outcome has always been decided weeks and months before the "fights".
And what difference does it make if the scripting is done months or minutes before the event? T'is manipulation whichever way you look at it.

But not to worry. I'm sure it will all look very seamless and professionally done next season. It will have to be if F1 is to retain some semblence of integrity with t'internet crowd, and Ferrari aren't going to wind up in front of the 'beak' again.

Still not sure what most 'viewers' are going to make of the 'ban on team orders ban' in the seasons TV previews. Some are still bemused that team orders were used before 2002!
Old 12 Dec 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2803324)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
But not to worry. I'm sure it will all look very seamless and professionally done next season. It will have to be if F1 is to retain some semblence of integrity with t'internet crowd, and Ferrari aren't going to wind up in front of the 'beak' again.
That will make the WWF be ashamed of theirselves...
Old 12 Dec 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2803326)   #49
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
And what difference does it make if the scripting is done months or minutes before the event? T'is manipulation whichever way you look at it.
It's very different, since you can not script the outcome of a Grand Prix before hand.
Unless the teams performance is miles and miles ahead of the others, and a 1-2 finish is 100% certain.

I'm quite glad they got rid of this unenforceable rule, maybe now we'll finally get to see the true colors of Red Bull and the rest of the "We don't use team orders!" brigade.
Old 12 Dec 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2803329)   #50
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if Ferrari used team orders on the very first race?
No doubt they will....if not already!