Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2809926)   #1
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Peter Mandelson Would Be Proud

"But I'm not afraid to face any team-mate, because I've never feared them. None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone." These are the words spoken by Ferando Alonso, quoted in http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88774.

True: in 2007 Lewis Hamilton only managed to score equal points (and finish one place ahead in the championship on tie-decider).

An impressive piece of spin, worthy of Mandelson himself.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2809928)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What spin are you trying to put on this?

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jan 2011 at 14:25.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2809930)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That FA is being the consummate politician: bigging himself up with some carefully chosen words that are factually correct when you analyse them closely, but give a grander impression if you just skim them.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 14:31 (Ref:2809932)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, sorry. I thought you were making a joke about spin by taking someone's words and suggesting we read something into it. I thought you were putting spin on it in an ironic manner.

I suspect you have put more effort into that than Alonso did saying it in the first place.

Anyway. It would be good to see Alonso and Vettel in the same team. I suspect that Alonso won't let that happen; Ferrari are most successful with a strong team leader.

There in no need for ever driver to chase that in the short term. Red Bull is the fastest and still has Newey. Ferrari have given Alonso a great pacakge. So, thinking about it, it would also be good to see them battling it out in different cars too. In fact I'm more up for this.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 15:58 (Ref:2809951)   #5
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, Adam it worked for them from 1997 through to about 2006 having one man above all else!

Which is why in all honesty I cant credit MS with as much as he deserves, much like Loeb in WRC,
Old 1 Jan 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2809983)   #6
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
All these guys have sports pyschologists trying to make each of them believe that they are little Muhammed Ali's.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2809990)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And we are all amateur psychologists (or spin doctors) knowing what these guys are thinking.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2809994)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It's comments like these that make me think the oath you take as a witness in a court of law is very well worded because it catches everything.

You swear "to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Alonso did the first and maybe the third, but not the second in my view.
Old 1 Jan 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2810009)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
"None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."

The first part of the statement is true. But should he ever find himself in Woking on a dark and stormy night.....
Old 1 Jan 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2810018)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Not to be outdone, Hamilton counters with: "It's been a long time since I finished out of the top three in a championship,” he pointed out, “so finishing fourth is not something that I'm not particularly proud of."

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/165682/...of_fourth.html
Old 1 Jan 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2810031)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
It's comments like these that make me think the oath you take as a witness in a court of law is very well worded because it catches everything.

You swear "to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

Alonso did the first and maybe the third, but not the second in my view.
It's comments like that which don't make me think anything.
It is just a comment. There is nothing much to be read into it!
Old 2 Jan 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2810158)   #12
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you guys are bored!
Old 2 Jan 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2810166)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
"None of my team-mates have ever been more bored than I am, so I'll think of something to say to keep the forums gossiping".

Is this what he really meant to say?
Old 2 Jan 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2810233)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
"None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."

The first part of the statement is true. But should he ever find himself in Woking on a dark and stormy night.....
He should go to Croydon, because he won't meet Lewis there.

Oh sorry, wrong forum
Old 3 Jan 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2810680)   #15
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don't see why I should be afraid of anyone."
The 2004 season before Trulli was sacked ?
Old 3 Jan 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2810700)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Yup, no doubt about it. You should see the rubbish I'm vaguely watching on telly!