Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 May 2002, 15:59 (Ref:279530)   #1
Jenny
Racer

Jenny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBC R4 Womens Hour Broadcast 8/5/02 - Lady racer

Just to let anyone know who might be interested (hopefully some other lady racers out there too!) that R4 will broadcast a programme about me as a lady racing driver tomorrow between 10 and 11 on Womens Hour. They followed me around for 2 days at the HSCC meeting at Silverstone last season (my first) and interviewed quite a number of my racing mates too. At least the sport is getting some air time - never seems to in the UK.

At Spa at the weekend we were featured on Canal Jimmy but when are we on UK TV - satelite or terrestrial? End of whinge!
Old 8 May 2002, 08:16 (Ref:280005)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
theres rarely any motorsport on uk TV, except Bore-mula one, come to think of it theres rarely anything worth watching on TV full stop . . .

you cant beat the garage and the wireless!

how did it go at Spa? problems solved? successful outing?
Old 8 May 2002, 11:26 (Ref:280177)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's lots of motorsport on TV apart from F1.This year I have seen CART,IRL,F3000,British, German & AustralianF3,F.Nippon,FADAC,Konig,Brish,European & German F.Renault.Zip Formuls,FF,FIA,British & Japanese GT,FIASCC,ALMS,DTM,V8 Stars,DTC,BTCC,Australian V8s,etc
I admit there is a shortage of Historic racing,but MotorsTV loks likely to remedy that.
Jenny,heard your interview,not a programme I would usually tune to.I did not know your story,and hope it will be inspiration for other women in such tragic circumstances.
Old 8 May 2002, 14:23 (Ref:280327)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bother! Missed it.

Hopefully there'll be a repeat on Saturday afternoon. I was looking forward to hearing that.
Old 9 May 2002, 07:26 (Ref:280735)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did not hear the interview but just read yr results on the other thread, well done, I look fwd to saying the same one day!! my weekend was considerably less pleasing ending with a DNF with a blown head gasket! Good luck in Pau
Old 9 May 2002, 07:35 (Ref:280738)   #6
Jenny
Racer

Thanks for the messages, guys. I hope it does help other people pull something positive from the odd wreckage we find ourselves in in life. Can't think of a better way than racing to put everything else out of your head!

You can hear the interview on www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/womanshour for those who missed it...

Spa: came in 3rd for first podium finish! Appalling weather and can't wouldn't rev above 8.5k so after pit stop just pootled round. Quite shocked - still need copius amounts of alcohol to ward of fits of the vapours.

Car back to Mass Engines after group think - it's definitely running too rich but we've gone through everything.

True, lots on TV but would still like to see a better mix of historics, juniors and track tests on these cars as we see in the mags.
Old 9 May 2002, 07:48 (Ref:280742)   #7
Jenny
Racer

Oh, Simon, meant to say sorry to hear about your engine - who looks after it for you? Next race?
Old 9 May 2002, 08:06 (Ref:280757)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just tried downloading that, and it wont work

stupid windows, glad my car hasnt got a computer in it!
Old 9 May 2002, 08:20 (Ref:280766)   #9
Jenny
Racer

Yeah, I tried it too but my laptop can't open the file for some reason. Any ideas anyone?
Old 9 May 2002, 08:47 (Ref:280786)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I wonder if the BBC keep text copies for the deaf, they could post it on here then . . .a bit naughty, but. . . . .
Old 9 May 2002, 13:43 (Ref:280978)   #11
Jenny
Racer

ummm!
Old 10 May 2002, 07:02 (Ref:281509)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
fortunately I kept last years engine so that will be popped in for Snetterton May 18th and the new one sent back to the engine builder to fix so annoying rather than disastrous!
Old 10 May 2002, 07:47 (Ref:281528)   #13
Jenny
Racer

Lucky you and fingers cross for Snett. SimonD - thinking of having a spare MAE for the Tecno but few and far between...!
Old 10 May 2002, 08:29 (Ref:281566)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

i think it is a good idea having a second engine, so when are you next out with HSCC? are u doing the Brands meeting?
Old 10 May 2002, 10:33 (Ref:281707)   #15
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
fortunately I kept last years engine so that will be popped in for Snetterton May 18th and the new one sent back to the engine builder to fix so annoying rather than disastrous!
Bad luck with the engine Simon. I believe you had a spin in the GTA race as well?

We stayed for Monday, but didn't get a chance to talk to you after the morning. Still very pleased with our result - 5th in qualifying, 7th overall and 2nd in class - my best yet! (other than a class win a coupl eof years ago). A class win would have been nice - we need the tyres!

Will probably see you at Snetterton - do you know its now 2 sprint races instead of one endurance?
Old 10 May 2002, 11:09 (Ref:281761)   #16
bolide
Rookie

bolide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Snetterton May 18th

Guess who's coming out to play at Snetterton on the 18th?

Nick Froome
www.bolide.co.uk
Old 10 May 2002, 11:21 (Ref:281774)   #17
Jenny
Racer

Yes, Simon, will be at Brands with the HSCC and really looking forward to driving the GP circuit again in the Tecno.

Steve will be in either his F2 Chevron or BT30. He did really well at Spa too, coming 3rd in the FF race and he had never driven the car before! He's an ace race coach as well as a winner too.

On a sad note, you are probably aware that Chris Clark, our mechanic, who lived, raced and worked with us, was killed in a hit and run accident in March. We want to present a trophy at Brands in his memory and are deciding on the winner of the trophy as we speak. Hope you guys who are there will give your support at the time and I'm hoping Brian Jones (who I used to work with and is a great bloke) will commentate on the day and be there when we hand it over...
Old 10 May 2002, 13:13 (Ref:281895)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

yr series is looking great fun and I might try and find something for it. re snetteron still no news whether 1 hr or 2 races, lets hope its 1 hr! I will be using last yrs engine as we havent repaired the engine from Donington yet!!!
Old 10 May 2002, 13:16 (Ref:281898)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

sri just reread yr comments, is 2 race format cnfmed?? and yes I did spin as my spanner put wrong set tyres on (v old and no grip). I wish I had used the Top Hat Dunlop M's but there you go!!
Old 12 May 2002, 08:25 (Ref:283051)   #20
Jenny
Racer

Well everyone racing/pitting at Snetterton have a good one - and send the Bombhole my respec'!

Off to Pau/France for a couple of weeks...cu when I come back...