Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 19 Nov 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1769848)   #1
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa, the works 2007

For those people willing to follow the changes at Spa, have a look here, or log onto their website and click on the "travaux 2007" button.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1769872)   #2
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, it all looks so empty!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1770652)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Eddie. Work seems to be progressing well. I think the amount of room behind the F1 pits and on the lower tier behing the endurance pits will be less than the artist's impression though.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1770761)   #4
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I feel like it , I'll have a look next weekend how big some areas will be / become.
There should be regular updates on the link.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1770766)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Edie, very interesting,I think Peter is right though .Time will tell!
Old 20 Nov 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1770880)   #6
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont care what they do it, as long as they dont let tilke anywhere near it and f1 gets back racing there
Old 21 Nov 2006, 04:59 (Ref:1771142)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stuff F1 I want to go back there.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1771310)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran20
i dont care what they do it, as long as they dont let tilke anywhere near it and f1 gets back racing there
I'd be happy if F1 only goes every 2 years ( to keep it well maintained) and they concentrate on real racing for the rest of the time. I'm sure the facilities will improve, but for the few rather than the many ? ? ?
Old 21 Nov 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1771316)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was told that just about all of the padock was being sorted.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1771746)   #10
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Stuff F1 I want to go back there.
Now THAT is the way to put it.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1772121)   #11
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like a scene of wanton destruction....I'm gutted the Uniroyal Tower has gone
Old 22 Nov 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1772159)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No it hasn't. What you are looking at is the F1 pits at the top of the hill. as far as I can make out the Endurance pits and the Uniroyal Tower are still there.

See http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/gfx/...es/061115b.htm
Old 22 Nov 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1772161)   #13
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brilliant...I was tring to get my bearings
I need to get back there but given I'm not currently doing motor sport events it might be tricky
Old 22 Nov 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1772166)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
but given I'm not currently doing motor sport events it might be tricky
You mean you're doing Formula 3?
Old 22 Nov 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1772230)   #15
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham

Due to an adjustment in my employment status as I was downsized (probably do with losing a pound or dozen) I have become a self employed photographer
unfortunately all the restrictions at circuits regard sales of photographs forced me to the heart breaking decision that I couldnt afford the luxury of covering motor sport for the time being as the weekend is prime earning time for coverage of other events
Old 20 Dec 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1795602)   #16
Mr.Dallara
Rookie

Mr.Dallara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last day's was there a lot of progress on the works in Spa!

Much more pics @ http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/gfx/...007/index2.htm
Old 20 Dec 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1795663)   #17
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dallara
Thanks for posting the images but I dont concider this work as "progress" at Spa! Just another great rack that has been ripped appart for F1...

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Dec 2006 at 22:35. Reason: just a tidy, see FAQ. Thanks.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1795670)   #18
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where's the bar...?
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1795685)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
forgot to mention, i dropped in there on sunday on the way to a final destination, and there has been a huge amount of progress on the building works. it all looks rather sad still though.

i think upgrading the pits and so forth was necessary, but disagree strongly with touching the circuit itself. i don't understand why they can't start on the normal grid like everyone else manages to every other race. it's part of the challenge.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1795689)   #20
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It does seem strange, especially considering it was only a few years since they did it before.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1795693)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i think upgrading the pits and so forth was necessary, but disagree strongly with touching the circuit itself. i don't understand why they can't start on the normal grid like everyone else manages to every other race. it's part of the challenge.
Do you mean starting on the run down to Eau Rouge? If so I believe there are no standing starts on that grid only rollers. This is because of the steep hill and therefore you can't expect F1 cars to start from there. Also the pit lane and pit complex is too cramped for F1 teams.

As far as I can tell the only changes to the track itself involve the realignment of the Bus Stop chicane. All other changes involve replacing gravel/grass with tarmac thus the configuration of the track is changed very little.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1795702)   #22
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Lots of standing starts at the "old" downhill start. Works quite well, most of the time.
Wouldn't be the first driver who has reverse selected (to keep the car on the line in gear) instead of first.
I've seen many driver revving the engine like hell and blasting off.....
in the wrong way, backwards.

Doh!
Old 20 Dec 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1795909)   #23
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what are the plans for the bus stop? the 04 changes were awful.

it all look very sad, keep f1 out! [of everwhere]

would be better with no bus stop.
Old 20 Dec 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1796133)   #24
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemk7
what are the plans for the bus stop? the 04 changes were awful.

it all look very sad, keep f1 out! [of everwhere]

would be better with no bus stop.
yes but incredibly dangerous . i like the old bus stop, just wish theyd bring it back
Old 20 Dec 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1796208)   #25
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	Busstop.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	17640

That is how it should become.