Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 May 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3075368)   #26
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Will you enter then?
I would hope to but cost is a major factor and an entry (and believe me I'm not having a go on the costs as it seems about right to me) of almost €1300 at todays exchange rate plus boat and travel costs may rule it out.
Old 22 May 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3077815)   #27
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
WE ARE GO FOR LAUNCH

Ok, Just got of the phone with Mr MSV at Brands (you know who he is and we can now confirm)

1 ITS A DEFFO, this race is happening

2 Its on the SUNDAY 16th September ...the LONG circuit

3 Because MSV and 360 are so nice ...its 850 ALL IN....thats right 850 INCLUSIVE for two o hours on the GP circuit at Brands Hatch

Now I dont like to shout about things (although I tend to) but me and the rest of the 360 think THATS A BARGAIN!

Entry forms are here

http://360mrc.com/race-entry/entry-f...-long-circuit/

Classes are

Original 360 (GT's and Saloons to 1991)
Naughtie Nineties (Saloons and GT's 91 to 99)
Roadsports and Production Sports (all ages)
Invitation

Also, depending on entry, we would like to do a bespoke class for historics that were not invited to Goodwood and want their own race at the next best thing...BRANDS. We will develop this if there is potential there.

We must stres that the concept of Races within Races is not new, It provides great racing which is also a great spectacle for the spectator as well.

We are delighted with this event, we are grateful to MSV in respect of this and look forward to the 360 brand creating more chances for the CLUBMAN to race at a fair price on the great circuits of both the UK as well as Europe and beyond

WATCH THIS SPACE

AND GET YA ENTRIES IN!!!

ta
360 MRC
Old 24 May 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3078695)   #28
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats an absolute bargain, pretty much as cheap as it can get per minute for racing IMO

the only thing that puts me off is the extra expense i presume would be required to do the pit stops safely
Old 24 May 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3078701)   #29
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
thats an absolute bargain, pretty much as cheap as it can get per minute for racing IMO

the only thing that puts me off is the extra expense i presume would be required to do the pit stops safely
? Well I don't know what you mean by extra expense.

We will run the same regs as per the 360, therefore that's any dump churn (vented churn) can be used such as tuff jug or what is used for Brit Car, or if you really want to though it is NOT mandatory, you can have a dry break system.

The refueler must be fully suited including ba'clava and glves and also another team member must be in readyness with a fire extinguiser (they too suited)

The jugs can be purchased (or hired) off someone like Anglo American, they are quite cheap, and that coiupled with an unbelievable low entry fee, this is, without doubt, the race for the CLUBMAN in these current times. Teams of two, do you know that is LESS than 425 PER HOUR on the GP circuit, I feel like DFS because that is a SALE, but it WILL end that Sunday! Ha ha
Old 24 May 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3078859)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Me and Cliff won a pair of those jugs at one of Bernie's races they are great and supplied by VP Racing at about 30 quid a pop.
Old 24 May 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3078924)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course Anglo American sell them for 25quid.
Old 25 May 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3079031)   #32
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Of course Anglo American sell them for 25quid.
I know you've been out the country for a while; actually over 50 quid !
http://www.aaoil.co.uk/racing-Tuffjug-drybreak-fuel-jug
Old 25 May 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3079051)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really? I bought one last year for 25. Anyway still good value.
Old 25 May 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3079168)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
That looks a bit more sophisticated than the VP ones which are not dry break. Right pair of Jugs here! The nozzle etc is inside the Jug when you open it up, the flow is altered by a breather plug you put your thumb over, work well actually, lot easier than a Gerry can and funnel.
Attached Thumbnails
Me, Bernie and Cliff.jpg  
Old 25 May 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3079178)   #35
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
That looks a bit more sophisticated than the VP ones which are not dry break. Right pair of Jugs here! The nozzle etc is inside the Jug when you open it up, the flow is altered by a breather plug you put your thumb over, work well actually, lot easier than a Gerry can and funnel.
Then theres just no excuse not to do it Weyman! x
Old 25 May 2012, 14:21 (Ref:3079192)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
There is, an alternate race at Donington I want to do sorry, apart from that I really cannot see the old tubs lasting 2hrs.
Old 25 May 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3079249)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
apart from that I really cannot see the old tubs lasting 2hrs.
I didn't realise you'd let your misses drive your cars
Old 25 May 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3079252)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Steady I'll set em on you!
Old 25 May 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3079258)   #39
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It is a great circuit, here is the last time I raced it being chased hard by Uncle Eric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kIoT5OwRUI
Old 29 May 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3081264)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In which case the VP ones are illegal aren't they?
Old 29 May 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3081269)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is that a question or a statement?
Old 29 May 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3081282)   #42
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I don't want to argue semantics but illegal is probably not the right word. I suspect you're making a subjective point but we've been advised that they're acceptable to the MSA and thus also acceptable to MSVR who will be holding the permit for the meeting.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3081366)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
There's a breather plug on the AA jugs too.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3081375)   #44
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, the rules quite clearly state 'Anglo American Tuff Jugs or similar I.e. With a pressure operated "shut off valve"'

If the VP jugs don't have the shut off valve then they are prima facie illegal in the 360. If the rules are changed so they are legal, they may be easier to use than the TJs on the 924 and worth investigating to get our pit stops below 3.5 minutes.

Tim, I think that was meant to be a rhetorical question.
Old 29 May 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3081385)   #45
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Max - I owe you an apology. I thought the VP and Tuff Jug were functionally the same - I now understand they are not.
Old 29 May 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3081478)   #46
midgetman
Veteran

You know me John, always looking for the different option
Old 29 May 2012, 23:27 (Ref:3081537)   #47
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:

You know me John, always looking for the different option
I am looking into this and I will tell you why

When I was walking through the garages at 360, several had the VP jugs, they were blue and they seemed to have a nozzle attached to them which looked like it had something similiar to the Sunoco tif jug with the "dry break" coupling

DT also do one (think Rikki uses the DT jug) and I believe the nozzle is seperate maybe?
Old 30 May 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3081560)   #48
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
DT sell the VP one Claire,
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Search...&p=251514&s=VP
no mention of a cutoff valve...

(just realised these must be the ones Peter Mallett was thinking of when he mentioned 25 quid... )

Last edited by MGDavid; 30 May 2012 at 00:23. Reason: afterthought
Old 30 May 2012, 02:03 (Ref:3081581)   #49
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
David

Doesnt look like the VP one to me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Demon-Twee...item2c650bfa5a

Im sure this churn features on the 2011 video of the 360 (Filling the Aston)
Old 30 May 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3081621)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DT version is the one we negotiated a discount for,for the first 360,hence the price. I'm sure Jason would talk sensibly if enough were required.