Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 18 Jan 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1504100)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Margot

A former member, Mags, has passed away from a tragic accident. This saddens me, reminds me of lessons I've already learned about how life can end suddenly and tragically. She was a kind person and I had the priviledge to get to know her rather well. To her family go my thoughts, to Margot go my prayers.

Last edited by John Turner; 24 Jan 2006 at 08:30. Reason: Change requested by macdaddy.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1504697)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
OH No , thats terrible news.

I remember Mags from the Champcar forum , she was one eyed thats for sure but very good value.

RIP Margot
Old 24 Jan 2006, 01:13 (Ref:1507763)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad news indeed. Some additional info can be found here:

http://www.tearawayracing.com/

She had created this site, which was her most recent work. Some will be interested to know that even though she was very pro-CCWS and anti-IRL at times, Margot managed to go to the 2005 Indy 500 and had a very good time (even meeting Tony George - I saw the photo to prove it). I had the fortune to get to know her somewhat, as I would assist her with interview questions on occassion.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 04:59 (Ref:1507792)   #4
cartpix
Racer

cartpix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just found out today. My wife & I got the chance to meet her, 2 years ago at Long Beach. I will miss her.

Jeff
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:01 (Ref:1507793)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
She mailed me a CD full of some wonderful racing pictures, for no reason other than to be nice. We used to exchange PM's and emails on occasion. I remember how upset she was when I had to cancel my plans to attend Mosport last year, so that we could actually meet.

That eulogy you linked to was quite nice, jhansen.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1508043)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad I remember her posts well.

RIP Mags

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 24 Jan 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1508073)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news.
My condolences to her family and friends.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 24 Jan 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1508365)   #8
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am shocked to learn of Mags' death. We exchanged many private messages and e-mails, and it was wonderful to meet her at the 2004 Long Beach Grand Prix. She was even more enthusiastic and upbeat in person that in her postings - and that would be quite something! I remember how nice and friendly she was with everybody else at the media center - and don't you dare to criticize "Patreek's" racecraft, ever! She even made a point of calling Liz - they were close friends - just so that I could talk to her.

Since then we kept in contact occasionally and we tried to meet again, but always seemed to miss each other - when she would make to a race I could not, and vice versa. I recall how disappointed she was when Vancouver, her home race, was pulled out of the Champ Car calendar. She said that for her that would be two times bad - not only because of the race, but also because we would not see each other so soon again due to my moving to the East Coast.

This is awfully sad. My thoughts are with Margot's family and friends.

Muzza
Old 24 Jan 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1508406)   #9
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is sad.

I personally did not know her very much, but I do remember her enthusiasm for Champ Cars and Carpentier in particular.

My thoughts are with her family and close friends in this toughest of times.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1509509)   #10
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just found as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family!! Mac, she sent me a CD of pics as well just to be nice! She was very funny and we've had some really good conversations via email! I will miss her! We both share a passion for Patreek!!!
Old 27 Jan 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1510342)   #11
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Margot (Mags) was a really good person and she loved auto racing so much, especially Champ Car and Sports Car racing. Like many of you here, Mags and I chatted via PM and e-mail. She sent me some pics of her and Carp - I don't know who was more in love with him, her or Suzmac.

My prayers and best wishes go out to her family and close friends.

"It's All about the Speed..It's all about the racing. Nothing else matters!!" - Margot Orenchuk (RIP My Friend)
Old 27 Jan 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1510404)   #12
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
very sad. I remember hearing about it on the news (i'm in Van') but didn't realise it was Margot. RIP and best wishes to her family and friends.
Old 31 Jan 2006, 04:55 (Ref:1512449)   #13
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My thoughts go to her family. I did not know her, only met her once. As Macdaddy referred to, the most important thing is life is health, and I understand that Margot got dealt some bad cards in that respect, and had to deal with struggles that most of us have never had to, through no fault of her own.
Old 3 Feb 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1515126)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a terrible way to go. Rest well Mags.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1525028)   #15
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't know this lady at all but after reading these tributes she sounded like a very nice woman. RIP and condolences to the family.

Selby