Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Mar 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2429540)   #1
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clipsal in Reverse!!

The Clipsal 500 race track will undergo major changes before next year’s race. Since the Grand Prix days the track was run in a clockwise direction, but under the new changes, the track direction will be in an anticlockwise direction. A spokes person said that the change in direction will add another dimension to the event and will add very little cost to the resetting of the track and structures. In fact, the new pit and corporate facilities were built with the new layout in mind.

“We have been in consultation with some V8 Supercar drivers who have given the ‘thumbs up’ to the new layout, with some even saying that the new layout will make it even more challenging”

Both Lowndes and Whincup stayed after this year’s race to inspect the changes and add their thoughts. Lowndes said, “While it will be disappointing to see turn 8 taken out of the equation, there are more opportunities for passing with this new configuration and V8 Supercars are all about changes, so this is a step in the right direction”. Team mate Whincup wasn’t so excited about the changes adding, “I’ve won this event the last couple of years, and now they are changing it on me, maybe Holden have had a say in it” he said jokingly.

An official announcement, with all the layout details will be made at the track this coming Wednesday (1st) morning at 11am. Media are advised to meet at the Senna Chicane to be met by Clipsal 500 officials, who will then announce the plans, before being taken for a ‘ride’ .

Ends.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2429546)   #2
SamDale
Racer

SamDale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little early...
Old 31 Mar 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2429559)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still March champ.

I remember I seriously got had one year when it was announced at around this time that Wayne Wakefield would be replacing Neil Crompton at FTR....
Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2429592)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Bit early with that one pal............

Best be coming back tomorrow with it
Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2429612)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah just a tad early.

although imagine the V8's into the the hairpin on the first lap = kaos.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2429625)   #6
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Still March champ.

I remember I seriously got had one year when it was announced at around this time that Wayne Wakefield would be replacing Neil Crompton at FTR....
And Dick Johnson would be driving at third McLaren at the '86 AGP
Old 1 Apr 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2430269)   #7
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My apologies, the reconfiguration of the Clipsal track in not for next year, but planned for either 2011 or 2012. Stay tuned I guess.