Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2009, 00:13 (Ref:2424900)   #51
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't realise the V8s would be on so late. Thats cool. I expect they'll all be whinging about visibility like at Sandown...

How dark is it in Melbourne at 7pm? Looking forward to not hearing Matthew White, even if we have to put up with Rusty

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2424923)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I dont mind Rusty but I can't stand Matty White. Thanks Ten!!

So us non HD (One) people will miss Friday and Saturday's V8 races then?? Thanks Ten!!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2424939)   #53
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Again, there is a ONE SD channel. You'll only miss out if you don't have a digital TV/set top box.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2424963)   #54
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Again, there is a ONE SD channel. You'll only miss out if you don't have a digital TV/set top box.
Or live in Darwin

I suppose we have to suffer in some way for living in the Redneck Wonderland
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2424977)   #55
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about Pay TV is it on any of the sports channels, does anyone know?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2424978)   #56
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
red flag in the session with 10 to go who did what
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:14 (Ref:2424980)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P1
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2424985)   #58
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
How did David Reynolds' 5.7 litre get past the scrutineers...

Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2424987)   #59
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How did David Reynolds' 5.7 litre get past the scrutineers...
i wouldnt worry, it didnt make him go any faster !
Old 26 Mar 2009, 04:46 (Ref:2424989)   #60
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very suprised with 4 FG Fords in the top five in first practice, as Albert Park is a track that suits the Commodores.

Is the new Ford going to suit to tracks that have being a Holden hunting ground.

If this is going to be the case, it looks like it is going to be one hell f a long year for the Holden teams.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:09 (Ref:2425004)   #61
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:19 (Ref:2425006)   #62
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
So none of the sessions this weekend will be on bigpond, will they...?

Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2425007)   #63
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click Here

Quote:
“Although we don’t see eye-to-eye with the Ford Motor Company, we still love our Ford fans and we really hope that they feel they have won themselves another Clipsal last weekend,” the 2008 Champion said.

Whincup said it was no more important to beat teams with Ford funding any more than it was to beat Holden teams at the Manufacturers Challenge.

“As drivers it doesn’t mean a huge amount; we just want to beat everyone of course so if we can get a rocket red Vodafone up the front we will be happy,” he said.

Whincup joked that another row on the grid was needed for the TeamVodafone Hogsters.

“We need another row, don’t we?” he laughed.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2425008)   #64
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh.... to clarify. If ten were the ABC then

TEN = ABC1 (SD and analogue), ONE SD = ABC2, ONE HD = ABC HD. All clear.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2425009)   #65
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshall is further up than usual to start with in P15, hopefully they are getting their theoretically good package on the pace. Whilst there are more dramas for SBR #4 with only 5 lap turned at the bottom of the timesheets... what's going on there!?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 06:55 (Ref:2425012)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q1

Wilson Security will be over the moon...!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2425013)   #67
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Jamie stick it in or blow up?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 07:15 (Ref:2425018)   #68
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ultimate Speed Comparison 1
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...3/2009.APGP.D1
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2425032)   #69
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Once again, Jason Richards is at the front. Is the NZ Richards under-rated? Anyone who can be near the top of the sheets in a Tasman car is bloody quick, and he has been right up there twice now in older WP machinery that has been getting slower not faster until Jason stepped in the car, saying a lot about his development skills too. If 7 tenths, on this long track, is the sort of difference a qualifying ace can bring, it has been enough to lift BJR from Cam's P15ish to well into the top 5, with the same cars. A clear recommendation for having a good qualifier in the team and not just two good racers.

Good to see Coulthard at the front too.

And Davo fans will be pleased Will outqualifying Garth by 3 tenths and 4 positions.

I suppose the complicated grid format will look this:

1) Lowndes, Pig
2) J Richards, Holden
3) Coulthard, Ford
4) W Davison, Holden
5) Johnson, Ford
6) T Kelly, Holden
7) Winterbottom, Ford
8) Dumbrell, Holden
9) van Gisbergen, Ford
10) Tander, Holden

Also noteworthy that whoever put the entry list together is dyslexic with Whincup in P20 for TeamVodaPHone... People have been known to spot shopping centre signwriting with the same error, fortunately not on the Vodafone retail front itself...

The pole in the Formula 5000, a 1:58.56 is good for P12 on the V8 grid. It may well be driven at seven tenths, but that sort of pace in a historic formula car with "poor" safety features seems quite rapid, would be well over 250 clicks down the straights and this is just cruising pace. Are the tyres used quicker and grippier than historically accurate ones?
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:07 (Ref:2425042)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sorry to disappoint but there is a top 10 shootout tomorrow at 3.10pm... which will rejig your grid pattern
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2425047)   #71
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi V8 Fireworks, Jason Richards is in BOC car. But yes he is on fire as is Fabian
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2425049)   #72
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I suppose the complicated grid format will look this:

1) Lowndes, Pig
2) J Richards, Holden
3) Coulthard, Ford
4) W Davison, Holden
5) Johnson, Ford
6) T Kelly, Holden
7) Winterbottom, Ford
8) Dumbrell, Holden
9) van Gisbergen, Ford
10) Tander, Holden
I suppose it will if they remain that way after the top 10 shootout tomorrow

Last edited by sizzle; 26 Mar 2009 at 08:13. Reason: Oooops Just saw GTRs reply
Old 26 Mar 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2425078)   #73
dcr44S
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
dcr44S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd think Natsoft would spell Vodaphone "Vodafone"???

That must be Lowndesy's first stand alone pole in a few years IIRC.
Old 26 Mar 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2425181)   #74
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Did Jamie stick it in or blow up?
Blew it up.

See Here
Old 26 Mar 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2425183)   #75
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sorry to disappoint but there is a top 10 shootout tomorrow at 3.10pm... which will rejig your grid pattern
Whoops, my mistake assumed there was no top 10 at the GP.

Yes, I know JR drives for BOC. JR is actually making the car go faster and is even instantly on the pace, overcoming many rounds worth of set-up data where Andy Jones had previously tuned that chassis so it goes progressively slower. A good effort to be instantly on the pace, and improving. JR also had some very quick times for Tasman in the odd session, (even if GM doesn't like his set-ups) so JR must have some talent.