Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jan 2005, 03:15 (Ref:1210875)   #1
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Davidson not out of it yet..... (merged)

Thanks to Asa's post, I spotted This Story

Let's hope he can win that seat.....
Old 27 Jan 2005, 03:39 (Ref:1210883)   #2
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since Anthony wants Jenson's seat eventually, I'm sure that a suitable "loan" arrangement ($) can be made. Race expereience would be a good thing for him at this time, he is ready for it, IMHO.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 03:49 (Ref:1210887)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
He seems a little disappointed at being a tester again... "here we go again, another year of testing". If I were him, as soon as the CRB voted in BAR's favour, I say ditch them and go for a race drive. Or ask nicely if you can ditch them and come back someday...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 04:20 (Ref:1210893)   #4
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
* BAR-Honda letting their tester drive a Toyota powered car?
* Toyota letting a BAR-Honda tester drive a car powered by their current engine?

One of those won't work.

Last edited by StickShift; 27 Jan 2005 at 04:21.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 04:29 (Ref:1210895)   #5
Skam85
Veteran

I don't think Toyota or BAR would care too much, if the price is right. There is not many secrets to an engine.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1210915)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The engine in the Jordan will not carry Toyota badging so it's not even a commercial clash.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1211115)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ultimately BAR want Davidson to be on hand to test for them throughout the season, so I can't see them allowing him to go to Jordan. He should be on the grid for 2006, but I can't see it for 2005.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1211286)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Then why does BAR also have Bernoldi? I hope they dont prevent him from racing. I somewhat understand the issue with Williams but Jordan is not much of a theat. In fact it would benefit the team to have him race for a year. If he is loaned to Jordan he will come back to BAR with a years racing experience.
Unless Bernoldi, Sato and JB are not enough to fullfill their testing duties then I dont see the issue.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1211305)   #9
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's also remember that BAR is one of the teams to sign up to the limited testing agreement - no more than 2 drivers, so with 4 they seem a little body heavy. Especially as they don't have the luxury of the 3rd car in friday practice this year.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1211325)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good point, although they might consider offering Bernoldi to Jordan as a compromise, Alex Schnaider is known to want at least one experienced driver, and I doubt he means Davidson or Glock.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1211920)   #11
Lucylu
Rookie

Lucylu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anthony Davidson

I've heard Anthony Davidson has signed to Jordon, does anyone know if this is true?? and how do you think he will get on during the season?
Old 28 Jan 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1211922)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, he hasn't signed to JordAn.

It's being mentioned as a possibility - but I can't really see BAR letting him go.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1211923)   #13
Lucylu
Rookie

Lucylu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I did wonder if BAR would let him go, I'm sure he would rather be in a race seat then testing for another season. Would be good if he does get signed, get another Brit on the grid!
Old 28 Jan 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1212060)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucylu
I've heard Anthony Davidson has signed to Jordon...
Threads merged.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1212076)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't see a problem with a Honda/Toyota clash. After all, Jordan are hardly likely to beat BAR, so there will be no embarrassment. The only problem for BAR is losing Davidson's services, but if Button does move to Williams next year then AD has a year's experience under his belt, which can only be good.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1212233)   #16
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With respect to you all...I think you all over rate the "racing" element of F1 and under rate the vital importance of "testing" Continual development is key to F1, not so much the racing...working with the designer and engineers...communicating well with them was a much bigger part of the success of the 006 than is generally appreciated outside of the team let alone the F1 paddock.

A racer who has raced since he was 8 years old doesn't forget how to race!

I dont see him jumping ship myself...well not this year at least!
Old 28 Jan 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1212261)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry mate, but I can't resist an easy opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen
With respect to you all
Thank you.

Quote:
...I think you all over rate the "racing" element of F1 and under rate the vital importance of "testing"
Er. Points do still mean prizes don't they?

Quote:
...Continual development is key to F1, not so much the racing...working with the designer and engineers...communicating well with them was a much bigger part of the success of the 006 than is generally appreciated outside of the team let alone the F1 paddock.
So from this I gather it isn't necessary for a driver to achieve other than being a good tester?

Quote:
A racer who has raced since he was 8 years old doesn't forget how to race!
I'll accept that but I hope our "particular" racer gets his chance soon cos he's wasted being a tester. (See above).

Quote:
I dont see him jumping ship myself...well not this year at least!
That's a case of available spaces. Ant should take the first chance of a race seat that's offered. He is very, very good.
Old 28 Jan 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1212271)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Quote:
With respect to you all...I think you all over rate the "racing" element of F1 and under rate the vital importance of "testing" Continual development is key to F1, not so much the racing...working with the designer and engineers...communicating well with them was a much bigger part of the success of the 006 than is generally appreciated outside of the team let alone the F1 paddock.
I'm sure in time people will come to appreciate Jenson's testing and team-building skills.... and how important they are. I'm sure he did more laps in the car than Ant, and will have surely xcontributed more to the team in information from each one than a driver with so little Formula 1 experience.

If Ant gets this drive, it's 'put up or shut up' time. No longer can anyone claim that he's an unappreciated driver who deserves his chance. Is it posisble that deep down you are worried as to how it would unfold?
Old 28 Jan 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1212286)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK I'll grant you this is cynical.

You are an excellent racer. You are testing and developing a top Formula one car. You are sought after, or would be if the owner of your team didn't put clauses in your contract to stop you moving.

So, a seat in a sportscar team (ok less than F1 but top banana in WSC) invites you to drive for them for a large fee.

Sponsors are happy to see you in the car and you are really pleased to be able to race for "Mothercare-Durex" Boaudie GB .

My point is this.

Do you stay with your testing contract which, as the world knows, is taking the serious urine out of your abilities. Or do you go racing, for real dosh and tell the F1 peeps to stick their testing where the sun doesn't shine. This is a business case and your life as a racing driver, is your business.

Food for thought.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 28 Jan 2005 at 21:50. Reason: AAAAAAAAAArgh!! Spelling again
Old 29 Jan 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1212376)   #20
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With respect to you all...I think you all over rate the "racing" element of F1 and under rate the vital importance of "testing"
This is your best one yet Rennen, do you work as a spin doctor?

How on earth can you over rate the "racing" in F1?

THATS WHAT F1 IS!!

Have you been so blinded by trying to see the positive side of your son's stalled career that you have forgotten why we all come here?
People don't get up at 3am, spend fortunes on RACE tickets and spend loads of time on these forums to appreciate another hundred laps of Michelin development work (actually some probably do).

with respect to you....You insult the intelligence of the board with this kind of flaming...entertaining though..keep it up!
Old 29 Jan 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1212553)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

I think, in fairness to Rennen, what he means is that a Grand Prix these days is as much about driving as it is about RACING in the purest sense of the word - therefore he believes a driver with a lot of F1 testing miles under his belt is not less experienced than one with those miles during Grands Prix.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1212572)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
That may be so KB, but which driver, above all, is regarded as 'smooth' and 'reliable' but not outright 'fast'? I'll give you a clue - he came 3rd in the championship.

If you hven't been racing for a while, or are inexperienced at the top level, you are more likely to make mistakes when the pressure's on - even Michael Schumacher ended his first race with a basic error on lap one. Add to that Scheckter causing that big pile-up at Silverstone while doing a partial-season, Button punting Trulli off while running 3rd in his first race at Spa, and Mansell crashing out of his 2nd race and failing to qualify after crashing for his 3rd (after a season of testing...).
Old 29 Jan 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1212575)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

I absolutely agree, Boots, I was just trying to understand where Rennen was coming from.

I'd also say I think Jenson Button is "outright fast" as well as smooth.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1213241)   #24
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Couldn't have said it better meself KB, thank you

What is your problem Rossie?...didn't daddy let you have a go of a go-kart when you were a little boy?...Ah there, there now!...When you've won as many championships as I have team managed I'll take your words seriously!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1213246)   #25
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh I 'm getting bored of this......
Closed Thread