Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Apr 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3055731)   #26
tail out
Rookie

France
tail out should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that Moto2 needs minimum weights, If they are using a control engine then the heavy riders are being penalised. Moto GP was good Ducati dont seem to be gaining headway, Good to see Crutchlow up there and I think on the right day (rain) some of the CRT bikes could upset the slower prototypes.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3055829)   #27
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Yeah I think they should introduce some sort of minimum weight in Moto2. It would do a lot for bringing in even more transparency to the results
Old 9 Apr 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3055861)   #28
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
Truenorth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not mixed up Chunder - didn't know better! Thanks.

I think we should ride the bike we brought to ride !
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3055954)   #29
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Hilarious, watching the Moto2 race.

Marquez simpkly pulls out and overtakes people before he even gets off the excit of the bend, such is his weight advantage.

Pathetic really, and I imagine the minimum weight wont be brought in of course until he wins the championship.

Joke, total joke.

I don't understand why the others aren't making much much louder noises in public about it. It seems so bizarre that weight rules apply in the category below but not Moto2.

Anyway, nice to see Julian Simon score a point in Moto2, also glad to see di Meglio show some pace. I like following these ex-125 champions to see how they do. Good luck to Mr. Terol!

Can I just say, WTF has gone wrong with Jonas Folger? Riding an IODA of all things? How? Why?

Last edited by cg7aa; 9 Apr 2012 at 19:12.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3055964)   #30
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post

Can I just say, WTF has gone wrong with Jonas Folger? Riding an IODA of all things? How? Why?
Yes from a winner last year to zero this. I think it may to do with the illness he suffered last summer? Assuming Red Bull have dropped him too. Would love to know why, although Red Bull are a law unto themselves.
Old 9 Apr 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3055969)   #31
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
for a weight limit .. how about medium weight of the riders that enter full season to be added to the minimum bike weight everything lower gets ballast

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Apr 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3056066)   #32
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would everyone above get a reduction?
Old 9 Apr 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3056097)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just think there should be a minimum weight for bike and rider.

not sure how the 125's work really. I presume someone like Radies in the old days used to have ballast a bit to get to the limit.

Say the bike weights 120kg, rider weighs 55 (Pedrosa) thats 175. DRedding weight 70kg, thats 190 kg

Power to weight ratio is this. CBR600 engine puts out say 125 hp

So it powers either 175 or 190 kg. do the math!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3056252)   #34
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A weight minimum seems logical, you want riders progressing from Moto2 to motogp to be able to carry results through onto the bigger bikes, rather than the Elias situation.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3056339)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Elias's issue is simply that he could not use the Bridgestone front, I dont think it was much to do with his weight, more of an inability to trust a tyre.

I think in the past he was able to get special tyres, but Bridgestone werent prepared to do this
Old 10 Apr 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3056369)   #36
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post
First thought is for Rossi. Yesterday Dennis Noyes was was saying we cannot go on more time ignoring the fact that Vale is plainly and painly slow. No more excuses, no more "he is testing new bikes", no more "he has not forget to ride". This qualy he has been grotesque, no more, no less. The point now is, what is happening in VR's mind? Is he recoverable? Has he some chance to become... a contender this season??
I've been thinking about this myself. I think he is confident in himself, it's proably the bike he's lacking confidence in, or maybe tyres. Alternatively as fit as VR is, maybe some of his earlier injuries are catching up with him.

The bikes are heavy and hugely powerful and maybe with the injuries he's suffered in previous years, they're affecting -- he's having a hard time hauling the bike around the track.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3056370)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Not sure he is still injured!

I thin he has definately lost confidence though, especially in the front, as that is what he bemonas all the time.

Get that abck and I think he is there, but its whether they can ever get it back!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3056434)   #38
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are waiting on one of these new construction tyres for the front though, are they not? You can see the rears have more grip though, seem to be pushing the front on in some strange places. Seems strange to me they would introduce one without the other.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3056452)   #39
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Not sure he is still injured!

I thin he has definately lost confidence though, especially in the front, as that is what he bemonas all the time.

Get that abck and I think he is there, but its whether they can ever get it back!
Was that not the trouble Stoner had while he was at Ducati in 2010 as well? I don't think it's just the tyres, I think the front end of the bike in general has it's own issues, but the tyres just magnify the problems.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3056496)   #40
Truenorth
Rookie

Canada
Northern Alberta
Truenorth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Stoner ever express how he was able to get the Ducati to run fast when no one else could? Stoner seems to be struggling with the front end at Honda now. Or is his struggle related to his weakened body?

If the latter, then Il Doctori's weakened body seems to be struggling with the front end too.

The similarities between Valle and Massa and his F2012 are, for me, compelling.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3056568)   #41
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to know what toothpaste Stoner uses they seem to shine well
Old 10 Apr 2012, 17:21 (Ref:3056594)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Stoner for some reason got massive arm pump, something he has struggled with before. Maybe was a little tense and perhaps the newer bike is a little harder on the forearms.

My fave smile was Dani'd, the one everyone expected to siffer physically, he was beaming as he knew he had the beating of Stoner!

I am beginning to think Bridgestone are a little lax, they introduced a tyre a few years ago that was almost suicidal! A slight drop in temp and it was throwing people down, and now they have two differing tyres in the same class, seems a little odd.

Get Dunlop on board supplying the field!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3056696)   #43
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just checked the laptimes on motogp.com
Rossi was actually quite consistent .. but slowish
still the incident with Abraham when he was forced off lost him contact with the group
quite probably he could've stayed with them

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3056699)   #44
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Would everyone above get a reduction?
no ... not sure is fair but you do somehow have to put strenght into the equation as well

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Apr 2012, 15:49 (Ref:3057229)   #45
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just did a quick fast lap analysis. None of the factory riders were faster on the 1000 over the 800. Most of the riders set their fastest laps on the 1000's on about lap 4 or 5. In the 800's it was a lot more varried. The overall race distance took longer in 2012 for all six riders. Biggest difference though is the tires.

Rider / 2011 / 2012 / Diff.
Stoner / 1:55.366 / 1:55.541 / +0.175
Pedrosa / 1:55.392 / 1:56.001 / +0.609
Lorenzo / 1:55.730 / 1:56.067 / +0.337
Spies / 1:55.812 / 1:56.958 / +1.146
Rossi / 1:56.053 / 1:57.144 / +1.091
Hayden / 1:56.600 / 1:56.881 / +0.281
Old 11 Apr 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3057307)   #46
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
stoner closest to 2011 times but still lost the race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:14 (Ref:3057466)   #47
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
It's strange Stoner was happy to know that his troubles in race were because of his arm. I would say it is a threatening thing because it can affect his whole season and moreover it is a problem that doesn't affect his team mate Pedrosa.

If I were Stoner I had preferred the trouble were some setup gitch or something like that, not my body.

Big kudos to Pedrosa, he was a match for Lorenzo. We have to see if he can be a match for Casey in future events (without the infamous arm pump).

Weak race for Spies. He needs to raise his game or I am afraid he will be discarded as a potential number one. This season there are not more excuses or delays; he has to perform. At the present, nobody can say he is better than Dovi... and Dovi was downgraded by Honda.

Except for the surprising "Crashslow" ;-) (oh, just playing with words) , who was mighty, the rest of the field was not very exciting for the near future.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3057497)   #48
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I thought Toby Moody had an interesting take on Stoner. He mentioned that Stoner didn't do any race simulations in testing. So perhaps the physical nature of the 1000's coupled with a race distance caught him out.

I have to agree on Spies. He's always been known for taking things quite seriously and being well prepared, but I'm not convinced anymore. With that said, he made what was a pretty good start for him, but he clearly had setup issues. Watch the following video at 0.23 seconds and you can see just how bad the chatter was for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cVfH...69FAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by jhansen; 12 Apr 2012 at 00:01.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3057520)   #49
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
TM's is a good argument. Let's see next race.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 23:31 (Ref:3059186)   #50
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Marquez move was out of order. Agree with Chunder about weight limits.
hi folks, just saw the race and no wonder Luthi gave the little bugger a smack after the flag. I was actually hoping to read that a penalty had been given to him post race, but alas, no. As others stated, one does suspect that things may get rough in the future.