Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 May 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3067845)   #126
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Weather Update- "You gotta window....open it!"

Sorry...love that line...anyway, I have just checked on UK Weather and on BBC Weather and the forecast is that although it is cloudy, there is only a 10% chance of it being wet on Saturday and 20% on Sunday.

In the words of Dads army "DONT PANIC"...
Old 1 May 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3068023)   #127
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's wait and see. The guy I used to work for at the Combe kart track was an amateur flyer. I lost track of the number of times he rang me up and told me "Lyneham says it's going to be dry all day" as I stood there with the puddles lapping round my ankles!

We can only react to what we have on the day, it's so changeable at the moment. Our local forecast has difficulty with seven hours accuracy, let alone seven dayz,
Old 2 May 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3068366)   #128
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I'm just sitting at the lappy writing a few bits before heading to the airport. I'll be in garage 25 on Friday and Saturday.

http://mallettracing.blogspot.com/20...-may-2012.html

Edit: I know it breaks the rules but I've shoved it out on FB, Google Plus, Twitter and a few other places.
Old 2 May 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3068474)   #129
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's a few years since I last raced at Snetterton, I had a look on the map and I have noticed that there's a new road called the M11 that I can use to help get me there
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 May 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3068512)   #130
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I cancelled my entry for Silverstone as not into it at moment but may come up and help Cliff Sunday.
Old 2 May 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3068541)   #131
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
PROVISIONAL ENTRY LISTS

PROVISIONAL ENTRY LISTS
Old 3 May 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3068594)   #132
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it too late to correct typos ;-)
Old 3 May 2012, 07:02 (Ref:3068600)   #133
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
It's a few years since I last raced at Snetterton, I had a look on the map and I have noticed that there's a new road called the M11 that I can use to help get me there

Gord,There are also traffic lights on some roads and no horse and carts allowed on motorways see you Saturday.
Old 3 May 2012, 07:10 (Ref:3068604)   #134
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was going to pop up for Saturday - sent a message asking if another FOC photographer was needed but heard nothing back so I'm off to Brands instead now.

Have a great weekend guys n girls - maybe see you at the next one.

Rikki - you doing the CSCC event at Brands on Monday? see you there if you are.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 3 May 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3068606)   #135
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Was going to pop up for Saturday - sent a message asking if another FOC photographer was needed but heard nothing back so I'm off to Brands instead now.

Have a great weekend guys n girls - maybe see you at the next one.

Rikki - you doing the CSCC event at Brands on Monday? see you there if you are.

.DAVID.
David, we decided not to enter it because after a six hour race us old boys are pretty knackered and the car usually needs a rest, apparently they have a fullgrid so should be a great meeting.
Old 3 May 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3068610)   #136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Cann View Post
Gord,There are also traffic lights on some roads and no horse and carts allowed on motorways see you Saturday.
Dartford tunnel/M25 it's all new to me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 May 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3068611)   #137
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Too Claire,John and all ,Just want to wish you all good luck and a safe and enjoyable race.
Old 3 May 2012, 07:38 (Ref:3068615)   #138
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is it too late to correct typos ;-)
Max, are you telling me that you are not running the very rare classic that can only be the 925....the "PPO" or Porky Plus One as it is more affectionately known to its fans? ...I'll have to do a change of car form!!

I will get Carol to amend them...
Old 3 May 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3068618)   #139
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Too Claire,John and all ,Just want to wish you all good luck and a safe and enjoyable race.
Thank you Iain....one day....just one....I will see you at the 360.....In the words of Diana Ross "I'm still waiting......"

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stallard View Post
Was going to pop up for Saturday - sent a message asking if another FOC photographer was needed but heard nothing back so I'm off to Brands instead now.............
David...apologies for not replying sooner (or at all ) ...I really have not had much sleep over the last 48 hours......please dont think it was personal...Im sure everyone will tell you on here that getting me to reply to PM's a week before 360 is like getting Iain to actually DO the 360!! Enjoy Brands
Old 3 May 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3068632)   #140
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Max, are you telling me that you are not running the very rare classic that can only be the 925....
That's a relief, I thought Max & David had gone one better than us
Old 3 May 2012, 08:31 (Ref:3068637)   #141
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Max, are you telling me that you are not running the very rare classic that can only be the 925....the "PPO" or Porky Plus One as it is more affectionately known to its fans? ...I'll have to do a change of car form!!

I will get Carol to amend them...
Just at the moment I'm driving a 923, but I'm sure CityLink will deliver the parts they lost yesterday.....

Yes, and my name is TYLER not "Taylor" Soddit, just enter me as Midgetman everyone will know who it is!
Old 3 May 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3068730)   #142
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be spectating both day, hope to meet a few of you over the w/end.

Gordon, you will find the A11 & the way into the circuit has changed since your last visit.

Best of luck to all

I see there's a John Saunders entered in the 6hr not me I hope. My last race at Snetterton was 38 years ago, that can't be right but unfortunately it is.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 3 May 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3068736)   #143
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Best of luck to you all for a successful and incident free meeting.
Old 3 May 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3068740)   #144
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Tim. It won't be the same without you!
Old 3 May 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3068746)   #145
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
The SAM SPRINT

Ok so just a reminder about the saturday end of the day "BBQ STARTER RACE!" a spare 20 minute race. It is only open to existing entries to the whole event, that is, Any car entered in any of the HRDC RACES, OLYMPIC BREAKFAST SPRINT CARS or THE SIX HOUR.

The logic is simple, 15 mins qualifying and 20 mins race, its basically 35 mins...and its £100 ...there will be throphies...its a kinda "HRDC Vs 360 laugh"

Now this is just a facility for EXISTING ENTRIES therefore we are not taking entries on the day, all the cars that are at the event are eligible....
If you dont enter it..its just track time to us....but it is a bit of fun, its revenue for the club and a kinda thank you for making the event a nice weekend.....we have found the time....can you?

Its on the timetable so have fun.

Im gonna post this in the other two threads...Spread the word....its cheap as chips and I am turning into EASYRACE.

ta
Claire
Old 3 May 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3068755)   #146
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Landed 06:10 this morning. Car packed. Champers bought. Lunch eaten. Soon off to pick up the Capri for running in tomorrow. Blimey I'm knackered already!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3069038)   #147
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoy everybody...after spending most of last year's event under the Clan or pouring water into it I'm going to be at Silverstone this year as with my AROC Board member hat on I have to support the AROC racing there.....

Congrats to Claire and all the team for the continued development of this event - glad to see that MN at least managed a positive piece on it!
Old 4 May 2012, 04:49 (Ref:3069087)   #148
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just printed all the sunstrips for the AROC boys Richard.
Old 5 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3069827)   #149
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Just printed all the sunstrips for the AROC boys Richard.

Good man!
Old 5 May 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3070037)   #150
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photos from Saturday:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=2731b477c2