Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Feb 2003, 21:04 (Ref:494125)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sysstem requirements

What is a good set up for my computer for gpl?
Mine ran great with everything turned on-Then i put the new car models in and chop city, so i cut out the 3d wheels,and grids down to 12- still an occasional chop,
I run 500mghz, 64mgb ram (this is the problem i would wager)
i have a rage graphics card so i run open gl option, and my trusty momo wheel- so what is the deal here?
should i up the ram? (i think yes, i have room to go 256) and is the processor just not up with it?
Ta

Big D-GTT
Old 2 Feb 2003, 21:11 (Ref:494132)   #2
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your RAM I think would be the first thing to try. I'd have thought 500Mhz should be fine. You could also try moving the detail slider down.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 23:14 (Ref:494306)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might want to upgrade your graphics card as well, you could get a pretty decent Geforce card on the cheap.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 06:04 (Ref:494545)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ta

thanks for the advice- i was playing counter strike, and that is great, but since then i cannot play GPL!
my mouse will not work when GPL is at the start screen-ack
so i cannot enter into the game what in heaven's name is going on? ad has anybody ever been through that?
Old 3 Feb 2003, 12:48 (Ref:494790)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wouldn't worry too much about your graphics card as yet. GPL is very processor dependent. 500Mhz is about as little as you will get away with (although I used to run it reasonably well on a 333 Celeron with 16 meg Voodoo). I would certainly get yourself another 64 meg of RAM and accept the fact that you will have to run with some of the detail turned down (or off).