Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will Kimi Raikkonen get his full Super License?
Yes 43 97.73%
No 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Apr 2001, 11:01 (Ref:81080)   #1
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, it's happened - four races in, and the FIA make their decision. Will Kimi be granted the full license, or won't he?
Old 16 Apr 2001, 11:08 (Ref:81083)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
European Follower aka Stoddard Supporter,

I wish I was as assured of winning the lottery!

The boy has promise.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 12:35 (Ref:81101)   #3
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course he will. Now if Sauber can give him a car where the steering wheel doesn't come off in his hand, he'll be well on the road to the 2005 WDC
Old 16 Apr 2001, 13:24 (Ref:81139)   #4
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he doesn't then it should be bye bye Barrichello, Button, Verstappen, Bernoldi, Irvine and Mazzacane
Old 16 Apr 2001, 13:32 (Ref:81141)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I think he has done enough to keep his licence..in fact he has probably done more than enough..the boy is pretty darn good.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 14:07 (Ref:81151)   #6
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
You would have to say this is a definate right up until you think who is making the decision . The FIA have a history of making perfect & fair decisions - not
Old 16 Apr 2001, 19:01 (Ref:81212)   #7
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
again i agree with wrex.i give him a full YES. although he hasen really attacked but played i cautiously to get this super license..clever kimi.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 19:12 (Ref:81221)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Of course he'll get the full superlicence - the FIA would find it impossible to come up with a sensible reason to not grant him the licence!
Old 16 Apr 2001, 21:17 (Ref:81265)   #9
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not really a serious question is it?
If they say no then they'll be slaughtered in the media.
Old 16 Apr 2001, 21:23 (Ref:81269)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
considering what he has been doing in these past few races it would be a great tragedy if he did not get it.

I would really like to see what this guy is capable of in a McLaren, Ferrari or Williams!
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:26 (Ref:81300)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go Kimi, go !
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:30 (Ref:81304)   #12
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ofcourse he will be granted a Super License.
The FIA has done some stupid things in the past and if they don't give this boy a chance, they'll be making utter fools of themselves.
Go Kimi!!!
Old 16 Apr 2001, 22:35 (Ref:81308)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
His driving has been far better than anything than I had expected. In fact, I'd like to know who, in this forum, could have predicted that he would have driven so well this year. At one stage at Imola, I thought he was going to nail TGF.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 03:41 (Ref:81379)   #14
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Brundle made a point of expressing his admiration for Kimi and his abilities during the race, and rates him very highly indeed, with good reason. I think the off in Brazil is his only mistake so far, and that wasn't a bad one.
Would I be going on a limb if I said that if JPM and Kimi were driving each others cars, you'd be seeing a lot more Kimi is..... type threads?
Old 17 Apr 2001, 04:35 (Ref:81387)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
Martin Brundle made a point of expressing his admiration for Kimi and his abilities during the race, and rates him very highly indeed, with good reason. I think the off in Brazil is his only mistake so far, and that wasn't a bad one.
Would I be going on a limb if I said that if JPM and Kimi were driving each others cars, you'd be seeing a lot more Kimi is..... type threads?
Well, he was trying to pass TGF using last year's Ferrari engine in the Sauber, so I wonder how he would have gone if he were in a McLaren, Ferrari or a Williams. I'm willing to bet this guy was given a Momo steering wheel for his first birthday.
I have been predicting that some of the highly paid drivers who may have underachieved will be replaced by the new generation of young TOP GUNS.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 13:07 (Ref:81551)   #16
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off course he will get the superlicense. He has proved to be a great driver with an even greater future in F1. Some say he is the next hakkinen, I personally think he can be better than the other finn. Sunday while watching the race on PSN, they had as special guest this years Saubers designer, who was fired, anyway he said he was impresed by Kimi, and that his skills were huge. I will love to see this guy in a year or two fighting for the WDC.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 13:11 (Ref:81554)   #17
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw Kimi race at the Formula Ford festival in 1999 and I was really impressed as it was his first Formula Ford race I think, and he was running 4th at one stage. His car control was awesome.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 14:39 (Ref:81577)   #18
Holly
Rookie

Holly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they were to say no then I would think they would say no to a lot of the drivers *ahem* barrichello *ahem* Kimi's damn good, just hope the Sauber is reliable throughout the season!
Old 17 Apr 2001, 15:41 (Ref:81590)   #19
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course he's got his super licence. By the way, I voted no because it was a silly question
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:12 (Ref:82063)   #20
Zep
Rookie

Zep should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Robert2000: Kimi had 4 or 5 Formula Ford races before Festivals. In FFF he won one heat (wet race) and made it to the final.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 19:19 (Ref:82067)   #21
renault110
Rookie

renault110 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Got to agree with Valve Bounce.

Kimi hasn't happy with qualifying 10th. He has the right attitude.
Old 20 Apr 2001, 01:49 (Ref:82539)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
This came from Atlas F1
Despite reports indicating the contrary, Finn driver Kimi Raikkonen is still "under probation", albeit successfully competing in the four first races of the 2001 season.

Raikkonen's Superlicence, which allows him to race in the top flight, was only given on the basis of a trial period after FIA president Max Mosley voted against its issue. But reports that it will be assessed after four races are incorrect.

"I think I have to drive for three months without making any mistakes or doing anything silly for them to believe I can drive okay and have a superlicence," said Raikkonen.

"They will check it. They are just rules."

Raikkonen made his Formula One debut this season with the Sauber team after competing in only 23 single-seater races, and his entry in the sport caused concern among some experts.
These guys are unbelievable. As I said earlier, look at who's making the decision
Old 20 Apr 2001, 10:05 (Ref:82608)   #23
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IDIOTS!!!
Old 20 Apr 2001, 10:48 (Ref:82619)   #24
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is an interesting thread. It is the one topic I can remember where everyone agrees. Even the resident Ralfisti. Who's opinion on most things is definitely suspect
Old 20 Apr 2001, 20:26 (Ref:82802)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Oi Moffat! I was right about Ralf being talented, wasn't I? How did you like the pie, by the way? I have another batch being prepared for after Spain...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'