Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Sep 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3570818)   #29
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Justin Wilson

I first met Justin and his father Kieth in 1988 when we raced in Junior Cadet Karting.

We only ever encountered them when we ventured north to race, as they hailed from the Sheffield area.

We fathers were a competitive lot, using our young sons as our pilots, basically living our racing dreams through them...I must admit I never dreamt that these then very young boys would go on to become professional racing drivers, but that's what so many of them did.

Justin was a nice boy and his father Kieth was a gentleman who prepared Justins kart to to a very high and meticulous standard which I admired.

Justin was a competitive driver and was always to be found in the front bunch, which showed great potential.

Over the years I have watched these young kart racers become men and followed all their careers with great interest and pride, seeing them race and forfill theirs and their fathers dreams...in the words of the great Bruce McLaren about a lost teammate... "Who's to say that he didn't achieve more in his short life than many others who lived a long unforfilled life"

We don't enter this life with a guranteed life span, not for him the aches and pains of us who have grown old and frail and who never had that chance to grap life by the throat and race for glory like Justin did.

Thinking of you Kieth.