Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2300950)   #1
Enrico Spaggiari
Rookie

Italy
Verona , Italy
Enrico Spaggiari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ADAC Eifel Rennen - Fatal crash

Does anyone have some informations about the fatal accident happened during the Eifel Rennen,Nurburgring last week-end ?
I know that the driver's name was Hansruedi Portmannand he was driving a 65 Ford Mustang.
I found some articles on the web but they are all in german and I don't understand a word of it.

Old 30 Sep 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2300982)   #2
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some, I was in that race too. He went straight in at high speed at Wehrseifen. There were huge skid marks on the track where the accident took place, he must have been going very fast and maybe got mixed up where he was on the track. No official details were released so I do not know how he died.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2301090)   #3
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a lot of speclation and gossip throught the paddock on this, most of which seems to have had no basis in fact. The organisers (and family) quite rightly in my opinon are not going to give out this kind of information generally. All we know (and are likely to know) for a fact is what Jon has stated above.

Suffice to say I think it would be insensitive to persue for more information regarding this unfortunate incident and as this discussion forum is public, we should bear in mind that anything said here should bear that in mind.

My comisserations and sympathies go out to the family and friends.

Last edited by NiG_21; 30 Sep 2008 at 12:43.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2301118)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A very tragic occurrence. Hansruedi Portmann, aged 62, died following injuries sustained when his Ford Mustang went head on into a tyre wall, during the main event. More details here:-

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/fo...p?db=ct&n=8105

On behalf of 10-Tenths, and personally, I extend my condolences to his family and friends.

RIP, Hansruedi

I am closing this thread now, and will open one in the Tributes forum.
Closed Thread