Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 Mar 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3619237)   #51
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I can't justify buying a PS4 just for one game - but my son does have an Xbox One so I might get DIRT for him (and 'test' it for him ).
Old 2 Mar 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3619365)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Believe me guys the rallycross bit of Dort Rally is utterly stale.

It is onlty in the game for console release as noone would buy a sim on consoles without multuiplayer content.

The tracks are nicely modelled but there are only 3 of them and it is not worth buying for rallycross.

They are adding content to make it better, but right now the rallying side is far, far, far better.
Old 2 Mar 2016, 18:55 (Ref:3619373)   #53
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Reiza Studios has launched a new game with some rallycross: Automobilista.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3619580)   #54
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I can't justify buying a PS4 just for one game - but my son does have an Xbox One so I might get DIRT for him (and 'test' it for him ).
Well until I can afford a Supercar a PS4 and Dirt Rally is still the cheaper option, so I'm going for it!

(Sure I can find a few other decent games to pick up for it as well)
Old 5 Apr 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3630450)   #55
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post but, just so everyone knows, it's out today!
Old 7 Apr 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3631029)   #56
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bough this on the Xbox store and my God, I don't think it'll ever finish downloading. My internet speed is decent but all support will do is blame that! I'm not a happy bunny and if I could get a refund, I would!

(I bought it yesterday and it's on 62% currently.)

Moral of this post- the disk is probably the better option!
Old 7 Apr 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3631038)   #57
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You might be evern less of a happy bunny when you realise how much of an addon RX is oin the game, though I gather there are more classes and stuff, mainly to make console online users happy, as the previous RX copy was dull in the extreme!

I would seriously prefer more countries and stages to the RX stuff, but I understand why its there, there would be no real onine play otherwise and WRX at the moment does not really offer enough to warrant a full game, the tracks are too short and online would be very realistic, a demo derby.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3631055)   #58
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iRacing is developing rallycross at the moment but it will be based on the GRC from the looks of it
Old 8 Apr 2016, 08:05 (Ref:3631137)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
I bough this on the Xbox store and my God, I don't think it'll ever finish downloading. My internet speed is decent but all support will do is blame that! I'm not a happy bunny and if I could get a refund, I would!

(I bought it yesterday and it's on 62% currently.)

Moral of this post- the disk is probably the better option!
I prefer disc options, but ended up getting Dirt Rally as a download: it is a huge download and I ended up leaving the PS4 in sleep mode for about 24 hours to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
You might be evern less of a happy bunny when you realise how much of an addon RX is oin the game, though I gather there are more classes and stuff, mainly to make console online users happy, as the previous RX copy was dull in the extreme!

I would seriously prefer more countries and stages to the RX stuff, but I understand why its there, there would be no real onine play otherwise and WRX at the moment does not really offer enough to warrant a full game, the tracks are too short and online would be very realistic, a demo derby.
They have added Mini (classic Minis) and Super 1600 classes to act as a gentle introduction to rallycross, rather than just dropping you straight into a Supercar. Having tried all three out, I actually find the Supercars easier to drive quickly as it's much easier to regain lost momentum with all the power. The Mini and Super 1600's require very tidy driving to get the best out of them.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see more tracks. Having said that the "alternate" circuit layouts work better then I was expecting, but it's still the full circuits that I want to play. Based on the reception that the rallycross has received from the masses it's going to be interesting to see where they take it now.

I've done a few races online now and, thus far, I'm actually surprised at how clean the racing has been. Perhaps I've just been lucky with the lobbies I've picked, but the last couple of Dirt games (with rallycross) were very hit and miss online.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3631141)   #60
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which other track would you add? I think Mettet would be a good one with a jump on the first corner to keep the masses entertained. Maybe add an alternative with that stupid chicane on the back straight removed
Old 8 Apr 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3631220)   #61
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think if you are going to add tracks, maybe Estering as it is permanent, mst of the ones used in WRX sadly are what I call car park tracks.

Estering and one of the French one, the one with the long joker lap is excellent.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3631264)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
iRacing is developing rallycross at the moment but it will be based on the GRC from the looks of it
I think their main focus will be on dirt oval racing. Huge market in the US.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 21:50 (Ref:3631311)   #63
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I think their main focus will be on dirt oval racing. Huge market in the US.
I know but there will be rallycross. Saw a short clip of a Porsche, I think, jumping one of those gravel jumps they have in the GRC on some NASCAR track. They also released a picture of an animation of a Chip Ganassi Fiesta.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 22:09 (Ref:3631316)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I saw the Porsche video and Fiesta pic too.

Rx is door by door racing....I think they have to adjust their safety rating system.