Old 9 Aug 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1678375)   #1
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750 Brands Hatch 12/13 Aug

Hi Alll,

Anyone know what camping facilities will be available to us this weekend? Can i assume we will be able to camp on the area of grass near the Kentagon? Also can we get in Friday evening? If so anyone know between what times?

Cheers

Jon
Old 9 Aug 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1678800)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Jon,

Your best bet is to ring MSV and ask them yourself, they will be able to give you exact details.
Old 9 Aug 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1678814)   #3
novicecross
Rookie

novicecross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I promise to wave to the marshals from the F4 races! Thanks for your help folks.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1681837)   #4
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the weekend

Can I just say thanks on behalf of all the Stock Hatch drivers for the weekend.

Condictions were a awful on Saturday (not helped by some over eager drivers) thanks for dealing with all the incidents !

Suspect the majority of the 10 cars taken out of Saturday final won't be seen for a while ! T

Thankfully Sunday we were able to show racing as it should be.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1682246)   #5
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I think Saturday's Stock final incident may have set a new height record for post 4a. It may also have set a record for the number of cars involved in one incident. (10 at least) Shame, since I thought it started out as a simple spin for one competitor.

The carnage that followed (and there is a photo somewhere, I just hope it'll be published) argues for the reinstatement of the "old" paddock surface just on the other side of the rumble strip. Give competitors that little margin of error that won't penalise them with the mother and father of all rolls due to tipping over in gravel.

I know the BTCC will take the **** and use it and get away with it, but for all the rest surely we can go back to the "three strikes and out" policy that was applied for many years to 4 wheels over at paddock.

sorry I missed Sunday's fun (honest)..
Old 14 Aug 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1682294)   #6
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone who turned out this weekend. You will have noticed that, despite the weather and red flags, we still got ahead of schedule and finnished in plenty of time. I was proud of that until..

It was pointed out that getting ahead early in the day means that we are calling the cars before they have left scrutineering and, thus putting pressure on drivers and scruts. Not even time to go to the loo before racing from scrut bay to the assembly area.

and -, in the afternoon, some cars are wanted for checks in post race scrutineering. If the next race finnishes too quickly after and they are also wanted, there is no room in parc ferme.
This is going to influence me in the future. I guess you keep learning all through life.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1682324)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct, you are never too old to learn. I've learned that it is better to go and hide before the Stock Hatches are let loose. Should have followed Richard's advice.

Great weekend, shame about the weather. Great company on post both days, thanks for that.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1682338)   #8
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
some cars are wanted for checks in post race scrutineering. If the next race finnishes too quickly after and they are also wanted, there is no room in parc ferme.
This is going to influence me in the future. I guess you keep learning all through life.
I think that's an excellent idea for cutting down on the eligibility issues - which I seemed to spend most of the weekend dealing with
Seriously thanks to everbody who helped make the meeting run so well despite the carnage. Watching the 10 car pile up at 4A really had to be seen to be believed. Could make a good training video - run it once and then write a report on exactly what happened - I bet none of us would get more than 10%.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1682371)   #9
Antoine
Rookie

England
Witham, Essex
Antoine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,
Sorry for hijacking the thread.
Went on Saturday and was a good days racing despite the poor weather.
The Stock Hatch incident was quite nasty and glad that the drivers walked away from it. Great job by the marshals in clearing it up so quickly.
Did not go Sunday as I had tickets for BTCC Snetterton and went to that. Should have went to Brands instead. Proper racing!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1682383)   #10
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine
quite nasty
welcome to the nuthouse part of tenths Antoine, I dread to think what quallifies for a really nasty accident in your book.
BTW one driver did'nt walk away. Don't think he was that bad - probably has a bad limp now...
Old 14 Aug 2006, 18:18 (Ref:1682443)   #11
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was my first day of marshalling on Sunday and I had a fantastic time!

Thanks to John (Chief Pits??) for his explanations and patience, to Peter H for his entertaining emails, and to everyone else I met, sorry I've forgotten loads of names already. I hardly noticed the rain and I'm looking forward to the next two Sundays at Mallory, hope I'll meet a few more of you all.

Oh, and the racing - sorry I was a bit too busy learning lots of new stuff to see much of it but I'm told the stock hatches were well behaved on Sunday so I look forward to a future meeting where I can see the real mccoy

Annette
Old 14 Aug 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1682515)   #12
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very enjoyable weekend trackside as ever with the 750MC, despite the weather - after the WTCC in May I have recalibrated my definition of rain, so this weekend wasn't that bad really!

Many good points from the weekend. Cracking racing - the lead battle between the two V8 MGs and the charge from 30th to 1st by Wilson in the Stock Hatches are the standouts), two raffle wins, and a sausage baguette bought for me on Sunday by 750MCs newest pitlane marshal! Oh, and as for the Mazda in the Roadsports on Saturday - I still do not know how he held some of the slides it was getting into coming out of Clearways, eventually I stopped flinching as it steered itself approximately towards post 24, but would love to know if he was fighting it or just toying with it!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1682604)   #13
Antoine
Rookie

England
Witham, Essex
Antoine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
welcome to the nuthouse part of tenths Antoine, I dread to think what quallifies for a really nasty accident in your book.
BTW one driver did'nt walk away. Don't think he was that bad - probably has a bad limp now...
Thanks for the welcome Bodysnatcher.
Think I should have phrased it a bit better!
After Saturday, it was a shame to miss Sunday. Two great Formula 4 races and a great performance by Luke Stevens in the Frogeye against the more powerful MG's. I also saw the Mazda coming out of Clearways several times at lurid angles! How he held it I will never know. Great stuff!
Old 15 Aug 2006, 06:46 (Ref:1682893)   #14
novicecross
Rookie

novicecross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very helpful marshals. Thanks to whoever helped me at the Graham Hill exit on Saturday when my engine decided to let go.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:14 (Ref:1682947)   #15
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First I must apoligise to Peter for not being able to stay on Saturday, then to David and Graham who manned post 1 in my absence. This was all due to a leaking radiator resulting in my car being transported home. I have often helped with a full lift but not my own car from the paddock. Big regret that I couldnt be at 4a at lunch time?
Finally thank you to the two Brands guys on the paddock gate for being so helpful.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1682951)   #16
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Annette, thanks for your help in the pitlane and on the start grid. I trust we will see you again at Brands Hatch, we need all the help we can get.

Bryan