Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3747322)   #21
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Same thing! It's the USA saying "these are NOT for you, you Australians".
If they wanted to sell them in Australia, they would make them in RHD from the outset, wouldn't they? But they have decided these cars are not for Australia.
Or Poms, or Japanese, or Kiwis, or South Africans, the country that invented the Perana Capri.

Ford obviously had an RHD rethink in designing the 2015 Mustang, and I think they are doing pretty well with it for a niche model. GM however are behaving like ostriches.

I'm sure I remember (a couple of years ago) the local head honcho of GM saying we will get an RWD V8 delivered here in due course, but they could/would not reveal what it would be. My assumption was Cadillac, but the CTS-V would probably be well over double the cost of a current 5 litre Mustang, and the ATS-V coupe looks like the TT V6 only.

I'm thinking GM V8 lovers might be in for bad news unless the next gen Camaro is made RHD ex factory.

It seems like Holden is prepared to sacrifice it's performance market and heritage (and the Mustang proves that the equivalent Ford market is live and well) for the new age buyer more interested in connectivity and less interested in driving, handling and performance.