Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jan 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3791029)   #1426
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ffs someone’s gone off literally leaving the pits 🤔
Old 6 Jan 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3791031)   #1427
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Riley looks absolutely undrivable. Every time you see it, it's oversteering, understeering and not steering.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3791051)   #1428
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The Riley looks absolutely undrivable. Every time you see it, it's oversteering, understeering and not steering.
They are running without the updates which should help that.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3791054)   #1429
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Maybe the teams and drivers in the series asked for this? Maybe it is a safety issue? Lots of things could be behind this.
The P3 teams may have wanted it, but I strongly doubt the MPC teams wanted to be kicked to the curb. Most of them do not have the money to run an LMP3, after all. Even if P3 gets a car count boost next year, I don't see this being an overall positive move for the series.

As for safety issues... If the Conti series can manage being a two-class series, no reason PC can't.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3791055)   #1430
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
The P3 teams may have wanted it, but I strongly doubt the MPC teams wanted to be kicked to the curb. Most of them do not have the money to run an LMP3, after all. Even if P3 gets a car count boost next year, I don't see this being an overall positive move for the series.

As for safety issues... If the Conti series can manage being a two-class series, no reason PC can't.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the exact same argument was made for the PC class staying. That turned out to not be an issue.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3791104)   #1431
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the exact same argument was made for the PC class staying. That turned out to not be an issue.
The difference here, though, is that the PC class was being replaced. Teams that couldn't afford a P2 had a new place to go to, even if they did still have to buy new cars for it.

This is literally just knocking a class completely out of the IMSA hierarchy. Teams that want to run cheap prototypes but can't afford a P3(which, frankly, barely counts as a "cheap" prototype) literally have no option within IMSA anymore. And there are very few options for them outside of IMSA - unless you have a Radical, the only option outside of club racing are a couple of small regional championships.

And let's be honest... Look at the field size of each class. LMP3 does not need a boost to it's car count, and MPC was not struggling for sufficient entries. (not for a two-class series, at least)
Old 7 Jan 2018, 01:08 (Ref:3791105)   #1432
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
They are running without the updates which should help that.
P2 or P3 car?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 01:14 (Ref:3791106)   #1433
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
P2 or P3 car?
Looks like I got my wires crossed, but probably applies to both! ROFL
Old 9 Jan 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3791567)   #1434
Kartracer88f
Rookie

Kartracer88f should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car is actually coming a long way. I'm one of the drivers of the Riley, and after the pit stops we were consistently the quickest car on track until I got hit by Cassels which damaged the diffuser rather badly (missed setup before that a bit). I've coached in the Ligier last year, and the cars are different. The Riley is close, but needs development from having a pro level driver in the car. We'll be there pretty darn soon

Ride onboard if you like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlkqbgtS4Q
Old 9 Jan 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3791581)   #1435
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartracer88f View Post
The car is actually coming a long way. I'm one of the drivers of the Riley, and after the pit stops we were consistently the quickest car on track until I got hit by Cassels which damaged the diffuser rather badly (missed setup before that a bit). I've coached in the Ligier last year, and the cars are different. The Riley is close, but needs development from having a pro level driver in the car. We'll be there pretty darn soon

Ride onboard if you like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlkqbgtS4Q
How was the car to drive? It was fast but looked more difficult to extract the speed from than the Norma and Ligier.

The LMP3 looks miles better than last year for sure. The LMP2 looks still stuck at the back of the grid unfortunately.
Old 9 Jan 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3791583)   #1436
Kartracer88f
Rookie

Kartracer88f should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In some ways it's easier. The loss of grip is more progressive than the ligier, which is why you see us move around more, you can without it killing you. We're def a lower drag car (at Daytona we were more trimmed out than anyone) so high speed is a bit tough. There's still some work to be done to get the front working how I want in really slow corners, but it seems achievable. I feel the setup window is wider for the car, but right now the optimum pace isn't quite as quick on twisty circuits. With very little pro time in the car I feel we have more dev room.

Daytona we were MUCH quicker than all the ligiers at the test, but 3 days before the race the ACO told IMSA the ligier was allowed to lose 11 mm of wicker for Daytona only, and can revert back for other rounds, where we have to run the same package year long, so there's a bit of a struggle there.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3792380)   #1437
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ligier JS P4 was presented at the Birmingham Autosport Show.
Equipped with a Ford V6 3.7-liter engine that develops 420 horsepower, this car is homologated in the FIA ​​Free Formula Sports Cars category (Group E). It is positioned between the CN and the LM P3.
This car would be allow in Prototype Challenge.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...de-birmingham/
Old 23 May 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3824294)   #1438
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2020 LMP3 constructors confirmed

No Dome or Ave-Riley, which is hardly a surprise. I wonder if Ginetta and Adess will do any work on their cars.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ion-cycle.html
Old 23 May 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3824296)   #1439
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The Ligier JS P4 was presented at the Birmingham Autosport Show.
Equipped with a Ford V6 3.7-liter engine that develops 420 horsepower, this car is homologated in the FIA ​​Free Formula Sports Cars category (Group E). It is positioned between the CN and the LM P3.
This car would be allow in Prototype Challenge.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...de-birmingham/
How would it be in PC? I thought they used the LMP3 rules as the base for the top tier before the Lites cars are retired and it's just LMP3 cars

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 May 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3824302)   #1440
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
No Dome or Ave-Riley, which is hardly a surprise. I wonder if Ginetta and Adess will do any work on their cars.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...ion-cycle.html

Wonder how much body work change will be allowed
Old 23 May 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3824306)   #1441
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s up to the rulemakers with their constantly changing rules
Old 24 May 2018, 02:45 (Ref:3824323)   #1442
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Ginetta's already done a ton of work on their LMP3 - the developments made to create the G57 and G58 will without a doubt be applied.
Old 24 May 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3824382)   #1443
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Ginetta's already done a ton of work on their LMP3 - the developments made to create the G57 and G58 will without a doubt be applied.
Well, maybe they could do that, but will they? They have emphasised selling G57s and G58s for a profit rather than pursuing the cost-capped LMP3 route.
Old 24 May 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3824400)   #1444
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
I wonder if Ginetta and Adess will do any work on their cars.

Ginetta wasn't that happy with ACO as Adess felt they had nothing more to develop on their rubbish car. Can't wait to see the movie coming.
Old 24 May 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3824452)   #1445
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Well, maybe they could do that, but will they? They have emphasised selling G57s and G58s for a profit rather than pursuing the cost-capped LMP3 route.
Why wouldn't they? They're on thenew homologation list and the G57 and G58 were both built off of the LMP3 chassis, so applying the updates would be extremely simple. Despite the cost cap, they can probably make money off of an updated LMP3 quite easily thanks to this.

The only real question about the idea is how the engine cover fits with the Nissan engine compared to the Chevy engine used in the G57/58.
Old 16 Jun 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3829803)   #1446
ModelT
Rookie

ModelT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Ginetta wasn't that happy with ACO as Adess felt they had nothing more to develop on their rubbish car. Can't wait to see the movie coming.
Ginetta maybe are not interested as they have the super successfully LMP1 car to sell now

Adess? Who knows that answer? French arrogance that the Adess is perfect.....or inability or funding or interest to do any development?
Old 28 Dec 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3872810)   #1447
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
some news on the IMSA prototype challenge series:

Conquest is getting back into racing with a Ligier:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/ipc/co...est-provoledo/

And Robillard/Muelhner have a Norma (or two) for the year:
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/ipc/ro...-breaks-cover/

This series kicks off at the Roar next week, and I am unsure of what type of grids to expect for the season. Good to see some announcements though.
Old 28 Dec 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3872885)   #1448
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:

This series kicks off at the Roar next week, and I am unsure of what type of grids to expect for the season. Good to see some announcements though.
Entry list for the Roar LMP3 race - https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...entry_list.pdf

Here is the Roar schedule as well -
https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...r_121218_1.pdf

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 28 Dec 2018 at 21:28.
Old 28 Dec 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3872896)   #1449
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Entry list for the Roar LMP3 race - https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...entry_list.pdf

Here is the Roar schedule as well -
https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...r_121218_1.pdf
Thanks, 19 cars isn't bad, but 30 would look better! Especially since they give a lot of trophies here
Old 28 Dec 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3872901)   #1450
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So the Atlantic Racing ADESS didn't materialize after all, no big surprise :/ well it was a DISASTER at Sebring 4 Hours after all (despite okay pace)

The weird thing about the schedule is that the Proto Challenge race at CTMP is longer than the 'feature event'... the 3 hours should've gone to otherwise prototype-less VIR where they run to the sunset anyway. The Roar also gets weak TV production (less cameras) due to no other series having TV coverage that weekend, at least that was the case last year

Anyway Sebring will be interesting for LMP1, LMP2 and DPi pace comparisons with LMP3

Last edited by Deleted; 28 Dec 2018 at 23:05.