Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2597773)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nice shot taken on the way home to Yatala....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Dec 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2598025)   #327
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
And they're wearing the good lookin wheels!
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:30 (Ref:2598189)   #328
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transports.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2598219)   #329
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Transports?
Old 12 Dec 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2598233)   #330
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transport Wheels/Tyres.

'old' ones they use to drive the cars from the paddock to the pits etc. so they don't pick up crap on the race tyres.

They also bolt them on when the cars are being transported (in the transporter).
Old 12 Dec 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2598243)   #331
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same theory as when you see monster trucks on 15s.....
Old 12 Dec 2009, 06:47 (Ref:2598343)   #332
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Transport Wheels/Tyres.

'old' ones they use to drive the cars from the paddock to the pits etc. so they don't pick up crap on the race tyres.

They also bolt them on when the cars are being transported (in the transporter).
Too bad those wheels look leagues better than the current ones. I wish they'd go back to them.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2599183)   #333
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to bring it up again, but if anyone has a copy of Race 25 from Homebush (the Saturday telecast), it would be greatly appreciated. Payment as needed.
Thanks in advance.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Dec 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2599207)   #334
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Sorry to bring it up again, but if anyone has a copy of Race 25 from Homebush (the Saturday telecast), it would be greatly appreciated. Payment as needed.
Thanks in advance.
I found these on the Tube if they are of interest to you...[I haven't watched them]

If you want to archive them you can download them with Firefox Downloader Helper and I can give you a converter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbd60mw5pzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRZM...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPgIv...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJrl7...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF8Pe...eature=channel

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2599335)   #335
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess to sum up you could say it was a great circus which attracted a pretty reasonable crowd. The show continuity was pretty poor on Sunday leaving a lot of no action, or pretty boring action holes in the show, If they were intended to boost merchandise and catering sales they were a bit over the top. Except for the lack of shade, and where my friends tried to use a loo being a bit under provisioned the public was pretty well catered for. The Saturday Night show was tops, and the transport worked very well.
Great job on that part of the organisation VESA.
Now if we could just have had some motor racing on a reasonable circuit instead of the ld fashioned speedway style demolition derby it would have been a very good event.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2599351)   #336
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

...slo mo el cruncho @ the homobusho...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2599630)   #337
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hey guys, I thought you might find it interesting that we had a two hour highlights show of this race on Speed yesterday. That may not seem interesting to you, but we typically only get one hour recaps of each race weekend, months after the race, and they are shown during the day in winter while everyone is at work. This was done at 1pm in the afternoon and it was specifically edited and made for Speed/American market as well. I'm really hopeful for future coverage of events as they sort of hinted at coverage of the Abu Dhabi race.

I thought the circuit was one of the best street courses I've ever seen, although it may have more to do with the quality of the series than the course. They have some tweaking to do in T8, perhaps widening the exit of the corner, and pit lane is a little sketchy, but other than that it looked great.

FWIW, I'd call Bathurst a road course. I don't consider a circuit a street course unless it has no run off and is completely surrounded by barriers. Bathurst is tight in some areas at the top of the mountain, but for the most part races like a proper road course. Like Le Mans, I suppose, in several ways.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2599648)   #338
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
'70 Mach 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Hey guys, I thought you might find it interesting that we had a two hour highlights show of this race on Speed yesterday. That may not seem interesting to you, but we typically only get one hour recaps of each race weekend, months after the race, and they are shown during the day in winter while everyone is at work. This was done at 1pm in the afternoon and it was specifically edited and made for Speed/American market as well. I'm really hopeful for future coverage of events as they sort of hinted at coverage of the Abu Dhabi race.

I thought the circuit was one of the best street courses I've ever seen, although it may have more to do with the quality of the series than the course. They have some tweaking to do in T8, perhaps widening the exit of the corner, and pit lane is a little sketchy, but other than that it looked great.
Was glad I stumbled upon this on SPEED ... Lucky timing of my break from cleaning the garage as I did not know it was on since my dish provider had the race listed as "Lucas Off Road Racing" in its menu.