Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 May 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2463575)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I will sit down tomorrow and post entries so far. Looks like we are going to have a Ferrari display as well so if anyone wants a ride out to Henley on Thames with their road car Ferrari you will be most welcome.Good old Al has come up with computer game where you can try and beat my time in the Compte's Elite around Spa.So all you MGB owners had better come along and have a go. I do need donations towards school bus to enter.Prize could be Peter's bottle of wine from the Compte.
Old 16 May 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2463648)   #27
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Point of order, Mr Chairman...

It's not a game, it's a simulation.

Iain, I haven't got a track model for the "Hamilton Chicane" version of Spa, so we might not be able to use your time from April this year. What was your best time from the "Bus Stop" days?

Failing that - I've got Brands GP, Dijon, Hockenheim (without the angry Austrian Elan driver)

Which circuit do you think gives you the best chance of not being beaten by an eight year old (or his/her Yummy Mummy)?
Old 17 May 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2463793)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Can i have a cop out! We could use yours and the Compte's times from Brands GP.
Old 17 May 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2463794)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too late,the guantlet is down.
Old 17 May 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2463821)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ive had a great response but could still do with a Formula Vee FFord Formula Renault and some more saloons.
Old 19 May 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2464948)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Wow fantastic news. A freind who races with you Tim in his replica Cobra is going to bring his Model A Ford Dirt track car that he now races in VSCC. I poped over to see him last night and the car is just awesome.I have about thirty cars now but still need a modern saloon." Stock hatch, Fiesta something like that.
Old 19 May 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2464992)   #32
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wow fantastic news. A freind who races with you Tim in his replica Cobra is going to bring his Model A Ford Dirt track car that he now races in VSCC.

I bet we'll end up replacing the head gasket on it. If it's Graham, he has a Kougar.
Old 19 May 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2464995)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be good,at least the kiddies get an insiders view of classic engines.
Old 19 May 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2465058)   #34
robm
Rookie

European Union
Hampshire
robm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Iain, Well done!!! as per our phone conversation I will let you have a load of GoMotorsport goodies for the kids (pencils - stickers and so on). If I am not at Combe I will bring the Formula ford along.

This is exactly what we need to bring our sport to more people. Anyone else who feels they may know a school or other youth group that would benefit from a GoMotorsport presentation in my area (south & south west) give me a call - have got some Williams F1 bits from the factory to show etc. Probably not supposed to promote web sites on here but this is set up to help us all (subsidised karting for kids for a fiver! at various tracks) have a look at gomotorsportdotnet

Good luck Iain
Old 21 May 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2466656)   #35
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian, dont know if you received my e-mail, do you want the Nota FJ?
Old 21 May 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2466691)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
No e mail Phillip and it goes without saying how much i would love to have you Barbara and the Nota. YES PLEASE>. I will PM you details.I was waiting for my third bit of good news and its just come.Terrance rang me when i was shopping in Tesco,s but sorry Tell that does not count.The first two were getting my ToyotaF3 cylinder head back and the second knowing im going to be in the same race as Sir Stirling Moss on Monday.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2478895)   #37
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a blatent bump to remind everyone that Iain's racing car show is this Sunday 12:00-16:00 at Vanalloys Industrial Estate, Stoke Row, near Henley-on-Thames.

All proceeds to the Stoke Row School minibus appeal.

The bogey time for the "Elite Dijon Challenge" (see earlier) is 1:48.26, by the way.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2478907)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So Iain only need's to find six seconds then.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2479151)   #39
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I have PM'd Iain but had no reply but just to confirm I can't make it due to illness in the family and my daughter moving house.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2479206)   #40
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I will be there as long as I come back from Oulton Park Saturday with it in one piece.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2479463)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just back from my trip to Spa and Monza. Thanks for PM Tim fully understand. Looking foward to meeting you Dave. I stopped in at East Enders on the way back and stocked up booze for the BBQ. Looks like we have nearly 40 cars but still no FFord. Any takers out there.?
Old 14 Jun 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2482627)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just gone 7am so far so good lots of cars turned up and the sun is out. Just waiting for Morgan to get up and cook breakfast. Report and pics later.Hope too see some of you later.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 07:08 (Ref:2483535)   #43
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Around 60 cars were at Iain`s show more than £1000 was raised for the local school mini bus. Ross Brawn turned up to have a look around.

Thanks to Iain for allowing us to take over his awning and for the BBQ.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2483585)   #44
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Alan dont thank me it was you and Fay that gave up your time. Well what a weekend . Sat afternoon clearing up the estate and sorting cars. Then it rained and we had to push them all back in the workshops.Nice BBQ and some fun on Alans simulator. Then it happened wait for it.!!!!!!!/ Phone call from Castle Combe and Paul Smith has broken driveshaft on his F3 Martini. I have a look at all my spare shafts and nothing in stock. Ring the boys back and say if they cant sort it we will have to make a shaft. Cut a long story short finnished shaft just gone midnight and sent the shaft made of scrap tube out of the grundon back to Combe with strict instructions to go easy at the start. Well the shaft lasted and Paul won the race..Back too the show and Morgan finnally made me and Gary Critcher breakfast. All my mates tuned up to help and i started to panic a bit as by 10.30 we still did not have any more cars for the show.11 am and a steady flow of trailers appeared and i was in full control setting up where i wanted the different cars to be displayed. And still more came untill i lost it and hid in my workshop and just made tea for everyone."where do you want this one parked Iain" ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!. Mega thanks to everyone over £1000.00 raised and its still comming in. I said hi to Ross Brawn but i got a blank look back from him in rerturn but it was good that he took time out to come and talk to people. Top Bloke.More pics posted later.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2483710)   #45
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I said hi to Ross Brawn but i got a blank look back from him in return but it was good that he took time out to come and talk to people. Top Bloke.More pics posted later.
Ross even made time to come to our marshals stand & have his photo with Fay & George Bunn.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2483725)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
The Stoke Row Racing Club are allready talking about next year.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2483882)   #47
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Here's my pics.[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/135/silverstonejustaperfect.th.jpg]
Old 15 Jun 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2483910)   #48
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Iain, there's only one there, do you have any more?
Glad it was a big success.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2484034)   #49
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice for you guys that is was such a succes, at least you had some nice weather. Let me know when you plan to do it next year, whenever I have time I'll come and help.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 06:19 (Ref:2484228)   #50
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Not sure where to go now with the show. Allready been offered Renault F1 car and i was told yesterday i could of had Richard Burns rally cars if i had asked.Fay and Alan did a great job telling people how to get invollved in Marshalling and if you came over Eddy we could push the more international stage. Will have a go later and upload some more pic's but im a 56 year old motor mechanic and struggle just sending e mails.