Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2758034)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"unless they make a mistake"!!!!
TEAM ORDER TEAM ORDER TEAM ORDER! Listen to me! I'm so clever.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2758036)   #52
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"look after these tyres" (don't overtake)
TEAM ORDER TEAM ORDER TEAM ORDER! Listen to me! I'm so clever.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2758037)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Irvine! He's alive.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2758038)   #54
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Look after the tyres, says Webber's engineer. ie - Don't attack Vettel

Subtler than Ferrari.

Edit - Bah! Adam had mugged me off before I'd even pressed reply!
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2758040)   #55
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Anyway, to stop being an idiot for a bit:

Ooo, this is fun. Alonso had a sniff, but slid wide.

I loved the radio communication between Jenson and the pits. "Radio check", "Radio OK" (I'm busy)! Ban radio communication!? That was great.

Last edited by Adam43; 12 Sep 2010 at 12:25.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2758045)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Look after the tyres, says Webber's engineer. ie - Don't attack Vettel

Subtler than Ferrari.

Edit - Bah! Adam had mugged me off before I'd even pressed reply!
Ah, but it looks like Red Bull are sabotaging Vettel's car so that Webber (ahead in the championship) gets more points.

Or is it all just a shame? Vettel is now back on the pace.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:40 (Ref:2758046)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
EJ thinks it is a conspiracy. Just to clarify, I was joking and do not have the same opinion as EJ. At all.
I am scared that someone has that opinion in reality. Is EJ removed from reality?
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2758048)   #58
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Due to the spread I don't think there is a benefit in stopping and trying to get clean air. So it is probably best for Webber to stick behind the Williams.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2758049)   #59
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
For the F1 enthusiast, the battle at the front is a fascinating pursuit. For the casual viewer, it's a dull procession.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2758052)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren messed up, giving Ferrari those clear laps, they should have waited for Ferrari to pit first.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2758053)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully Teflonso will make a mistake or Ferrari engines will blow...
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:05 (Ref:2758054)   #62
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ive decided
Pitstops annoy me
Downforces annoys me
Tarmac run off annoys me
F1 cars are too reliable
Yamamotos Lollipop man needs to go to Specsavers.

Other than that, yeah brilliant race so far.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2758055)   #63
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton just took full blame for his incident with Massa, which I find quite noticable since there is not many drivers that would do so.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2758056)   #64
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
For the F1 enthusiast, the battle at the front is a fascinating pursuit...
I agree, particularly with the McLaren and Ferrari running different setup strategies. It was visually obvious that both drivers were working extremely hard. Great dicing!

Unfortunately, though, now that Alonso is in front after the pit stops, I think it's game, set, and match. I don't think Button's high downforce setup will let him get close enough to Alonso to attempt a pass.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2758057)   #65
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren race strategy is great isn't it? You run a set-up to look after your tyres, yet you pit first when a faster car is 0.5sec behind. Brilliant!
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2758059)   #66
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a **** strategy by McLaren. His tyres appeared to be holding up so why pit him first? Admittedly, I don't have the info they do on the pitwall but they seemed to be okay.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2758060)   #67
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did Hulkenberg not get a penalty for continually jumping the chicane?
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2758061)   #68
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
What a **** strategy by McLaren. His tyres appeared to be holding up so why pit him first? Admittedly, I don't have the info they do on the pitwall but they seemed to be okay.
Was that Whitmarsh's call?
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2758065)   #69
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is the point of having a soft and a hard tyre option if the soft tyre can do the entire GP and still set decent laptimes, its so pointless. Lots of things about this GP have annoyed me and have made me question why i actually watch F1
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2758067)   #70
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwell View Post
Good point, I don't get that.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2758068)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a bad result... hell, that's life anyway, let's move on.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2758071)   #72
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I feel really sorry for Jenson, McLaren gave that to Ferrari. Alonso hung in there.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2758072)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And Jenson the nicest guy in F1, he's better than this whole ****.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2758098)   #74
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I might be imagining things here, but I get the tiniest inkling Bononi's on a bit of a downer with Ferrari at the moment...

Meanwhile, all the armchair experts, instead of crediting Ferrari with a worthy win, manage to conclude that Mclaren must have been wrong to pit Button when they did and handed the win on a plate. You really couldn't make it up...
Old 12 Sep 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2758101)   #75
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwell View Post
Not sure. Should have. Got away with it 4 times. Jaime got one for cutting it once..I'd like to see some comparisons...

Totally agree about the soft tyres being too good. They should only last 20 laps or so. That'd throw in cans of worms when it came to tyre strategy, unfortunately there isn't very little strategy and could be a lot more if there was a much greater difference..Hard to tell between the fuel loads though