Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2766106)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The biggest F1 fan in the world?

Sometimes, in an idle moment, I think it would be really cool to go to all the European Grand Prix and travel around the continent in between, rather as Denis Jenkinson did in the days when he was covering F1 for for Motor Sport.

But it's never been more than a casual thought because practical considerations get in the way.

Today, thanks to Will Buxton, I have got to hear about an F1 fan who has been to every single Grand Prix this season. You can read his story here: http://www.getjealous.com/alexjsnell
Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2766122)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's also on twitter at alexjsnell and currently is part of a "where's wally" type affair with virgin racing in which those who find and approach him at the circuit can score some virgin merchandise. which shows just how excellent some of the new teams are in engaging with the public on a very on the ground level.

sounds like quite an adventure though, but i maintain he's cheating by using planes
Old 28 Sep 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2766159)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
So would you drive to Singapore and Suzuka???
Old 28 Sep 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2766245)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I endured a 14 hour bus journey for the Race of Champions. This guy sounds like my kind of person.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2766310)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
I endured a 14 hour bus journey for the Race of Champions.
that's the sort of thing you don't admit to in public
Old 28 Sep 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2766327)   #6
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
So would you drive to Singapore and Suzuka???
You can always sail
Old 28 Sep 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2766341)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that's the sort of thing you don't admit to in public
But the "you weirdo" looks I get amuse me!
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2766365)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
But the "you weirdo" looks I get amuse me!
i worked out my motorsport driving miles tally the other week. that got me some SERIOUSLY weird looks too

and yes! you can sail to suzuka and singapore! since we have to sail to cross the channel (the eurotunnel doesn't count) in the first place, it's fair game. and anyway, most cars will fit easily in a container
Old 28 Sep 2010, 23:41 (Ref:2766369)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can sail from Russia to North America too for the Canadian round
Old 29 Sep 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2766412)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I endured a 14 hour bus journey for the Race of Champions. This guy sounds like my kind of person.
Would that have been a Brands Hatch Race of Champions in 'the good old days', or the new completely different stadium scenario multi driver same car heats type Race of Champion?
Old 29 Sep 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2766542)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
It was for the Wembley Stadium races. The original "Race of Champions" was a couple of years before my time!
Old 29 Sep 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2766596)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i worked out my motorsport driving miles tally the other week. that got me some SERIOUSLY weird looks too
As you know, you get only serious respect from me. I think it's epic.

The only thing is, seeing what this other guy has done, you missed an opportunity because you, too, could have written a blog! Maybe next year?
Old 29 Sep 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2766599)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i did think about it, and tried at the start of the year but in the end it's really not that interesting! after all you have to keep some stories and tales of adventure for over a pint
Old 29 Sep 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2766691)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Top stuff.

But to fund that, I wonder if he is also one of the richer F1 fans in the world.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2766698)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got on a bus, got off. Got on plane, got off. Went to GP, scammed some Virgin Racing stuff. Got on Bus, got on plane went to GP. Oh, forgot, went to my dad who phoned his mate Richard Branson, who siad it'd be great if we could add a bit of spice with a "where's wally" thing so that covers the costs.

Cynical moi?
Old 30 Sep 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2767021)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
peter, the only thing i'd say about that is that anyone, everyone uses connections and contacts to do things and go places they want to

incidentally, i know quite a few people who have visited the paddock thanks to virgin racing and their twitter feed, some of whom aren't english and have no connection with the team other than being big fans of the drivers.
Old 30 Sep 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2767479)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
bella's right. Unless you're one of the fortunate few whose mere presence guarantees access to all areas, you pull in favours when and where you can.