Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Feb 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3709087)   #1
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New film, "The Green Hell"

A new documentary about the history of the Nurburgring is released and will be shown at Odeon cinemas all over the country, but on one night only, 21/2/17.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/the_gre...urgring/17101/

John
No connection with film makers or cinema chain.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3709089)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
A new documentary about the history of the Nurburgring is released and will be shown at Odeon cinemas all over the country, but on one night only, 21/2/17.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/the_gre...urgring/17101/

John
No connection with film makers or cinema chain.
Look out for that. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3709094)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, Norwich Odeon just a few strides from the station.....

Thanks, JD!
Old 3 Feb 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3709098)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mmm, Norwich Odeon just a few strides from the station.....

Thanks, JD!

Think it's a must, having just checked it out on the website!
Old 4 Feb 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3709294)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will also be availble from Amazon(confirmed by the maker&#128521
Old 4 Feb 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3709337)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be interesting to get some reviews after the 21st to see if an Amazon order needs to be placed!
Old 4 Feb 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3709344)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm planning for the Milton Keynes Bowl on 21st, only £8.50 for us 'Seniors'.
Anyone else from civilisation going to be there?

Bauble.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3709346)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I'm planning for the Milton Keynes Bowl on 21st, only £8.50 for us 'Seniors'.
Anyone else from civilisation going to be there?

Bauble.
I have put it in the diary to go to the Leeds/Bradford cinema, and we must have a seat included in our price as it's £10.50 for wrinklies.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3709348)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I have put it in the diary to go to the Leeds/Bradford cinema, and we must have a seat included in our price as it's £10.50 for wrinklies.
£8.50 in MK, £10.50 in Leeds, £11.50 in Norwich! All in the same cinema chain.......... Strange.

Perhaps I get a seat included and popcorn!
Old 4 Feb 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3709376)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
£8.50 in MK, £10.50 in Leeds, £11.50 in Norwich! All in the same cinema chain.......... Strange.

Perhaps I get a seat included and popcorn!
Did you check the 'Seniors' rate Mike? Or don't you qualify?
Old 4 Feb 2017, 15:36 (Ref:3709396)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Did you check the 'Seniors' rate Mike? Or don't you qualify?
Of course I qualify! The 'not senior' rate was £13.50.......

More concerned that the film doesn't finish until 2230hrs- way past my cocoa and bedtime!
Old 4 Feb 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3709400)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Must keep an eye out for this, I've already seen the trailer and it looks epic
Old 4 Feb 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3709416)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

More concerned that the film doesn't finish until 2230hrs- way past my cocoa and bedtime!
Well MK is not as far as the Ace Café ... so........!
Old 4 Feb 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3709421)   #14
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Must keep an eye out for this, I've already seen the trailer and it looks epic
It's only on for the one night, so don't miss it.

Having said that, I am amazed that going north out from the Central London Odeon, not one other one is showing it until you get the Milton Keynes. Yet go up to West Yorkshire and the nearby environs, it is being shown in about 5 venues. Weird or what?
Old 4 Feb 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3709450)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Take a flask and sleeping bag.??
Old 4 Feb 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3709458)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Take a flask and sleeping bag.??
If I miss the last train then could be needed.....
Old 5 Feb 2017, 16:36 (Ref:3710165)   #17
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If I miss the last train then could be needed.....
Is Prince of Wales Road a safe place to be at night these days? I did see an item on Look East the other night who go round the area rescuing inebriated folk, so you might still get the cocao!
Old 5 Feb 2017, 16:54 (Ref:3710169)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Is Prince of Wales Road a safe place to be at night these days? I did see an item on Look East the other night who go round the area rescuing inebriated folk, so you might still get the cocao!
PoW Rd and Riverside are better than they were a few years ago. Think when the odd late night clubber unfortunately drowned it shook everyone into action.

Odeon is on Riverside, BTW, so in the thick of it!
Old 5 Feb 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3710172)   #19
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PoW Rd and Riverside are better than they were a few years ago. Think when the odd late night clubber unfortunately drowned it shook everyone into action.

Odeon is on Riverside, BTW, so in the thick of it!
I was thinking of a cinema somewhere along near Kennings. It's many years since I was down there!
Old 5 Feb 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3710202)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I was thinking of a cinema somewhere along near Kennings. It's many years since I was down there!
Goodness, it must be a long time! That was the other chain- ABC from memory....
Old 5 Feb 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3710272)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Berkshire Tenthers are going to Bracknell. Me,Alan Morgan and MG David so far .
Old 5 Feb 2017, 22:44 (Ref:3710274)   #22
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MK for me
Old 6 Feb 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3710385)   #23
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MK booked at £13.50 each ! And that's a standard seat. Must be some variable pricing at play ...
Old 6 Feb 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3710399)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Berkshire Tenthers are going to Bracknell. Me,Alan Morgan and MG David so far .
'The berks collective', then!
Old 6 Feb 2017, 09:16 (Ref:3710408)   #25
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
MK booked at £13.50 each ! And that's a standard seat. Must be some variable pricing at play ...
When I checked the MK site it had their standard prices (£8.50 evenings for Seniors) Maybe they are charging extra for this event, I will have to take another look. I must say it was not easy to find the prices in the first place.

'We could perhaps meet up before hand?

Bauble.