Alonso 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Grosjean (it's a democracy) 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3130789)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The more insane the reason the better.....
I usually vote for Maldonado... can't think of any good reason for that !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3130923)   #77
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I do like Button. Vettel just annoys me. It's got nothing to do with nationality.

I voted for Button because he bounced back after an extended moribund period but taking the race in isolation - which I suppose is the real spirit of this thread - then I'd have to give a nod to Vettel. He was racey even if most of his main competitors were hammered at the start.
You can say that again.

What's the deal with a million votes for Button... or 1000, or something. Or is that my computer acting up again?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 01:29 (Ref:3130941)   #78
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
You can say that again.

What's the deal with a million votes for Button... or 1000, or something. Or is that my computer acting up again?
Looks like everybody loves Button !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 02:44 (Ref:3130968)   #79
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Looks like everybody loves Button !
Not called:

Simon The Likeable

for nothing ...
Old 5 Sep 2012, 04:07 (Ref:3131000)   #80
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me, kudos to JB, Massa, Hulk and Kimi too.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 06:20 (Ref:3131036)   #81
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
However: Koby, Perez, Alonso, Ham and Rogro were eliminated in 1 st lap and Maldonado shortly after, so there go 6 faster drivers than Seb. 12 to 6 immediately, even if a couple of minnows did sneek through in the mayhem.
What made Seb's drive so good was that he was one of the slowest cars at the fastest part of the circuit, so he had to do his overtaking elsewhere.

I'm not sure what it is why so many people dislike Vettel? Why is that? We have Schumacher, who will drive his grandmother off the road to gain a position, Hamilton who tweets childish posts, complains that he's alianated because of his colour etc etc, Alonso who came across as a spoilt brat while at McLaren (although i tend to believe he was done a mis service there) yet everyone loves them all.

Then we have Seb, who puts his car on pole more times than anyone else, but because he celebrates by putting a finger in the air, gets criticised and is considered arrogent. Strange.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3131039)   #82
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You can say that again.

There are just that many Brits on the site.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 07:03 (Ref:3131051)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You can say that again.

It's a shame really - nowhere near enough is it?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 08:50 (Ref:3131119)   #84
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1) I voted for Button because he pretty much dominated the weekend which makes a real change for him, including as it does qualifying. He also drove within himself in the race, and could undoubtedly have gone quicker if pushed. On that form, he is as good as anyone in the field. Unfortunately he cannot consistently deliver it, although for those with short memories, his 2011 season was pretty remarkable.

2) How is 48 votes for Jenson to 30 for Seb (at time of posting) an overwhelming Brit biased vote for JB. It does not reflect his dominance of the weekend; others who have performed similarly have received a much greater proportion of the votes. Shows perhaps that we are not quite as Britcentric as suggested. And no-one gets as many nationally based votes as MW does (and yes, have voted for him in the past!), often when he has done next to nothing

2) I actually like SebVet - I think he is a good bloke and it really is only the finger thing that is irritating. Are you guys who say he is arrogant merely offering a stereotypical description of him because he is German?

3) I'm British, and often vote for other drivers ( I know, 'bully for me')

4) Since I don't think that either McLaren drivers will win the WDC this year, I'm hoping Alonso will, because the guy is still the best all round package on the grid and his 3rd WDC is overdue. Agree with Mr V about the 'McLaren' year, and won't judge is whole career on one dodgy season, anyway.

Off back to the safe haven of Historics now. Thanks for reading!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3131277)   #85
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
There are just that many Brits on the site.
They don't post but they vote !
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3131720)   #86
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
What made Seb's drive so good was that he was one of the slowest cars at the fastest part of the circuit, so he had to do his overtaking elsewhere.

I'm not sure what it is why so many people dislike Vettel? Why is that? We have Schumacher, who will drive his grandmother off the road to gain a position, Hamilton who tweets childish posts, complains that he's alianated because of his colour etc etc, Alonso who came across as a spoilt brat while at McLaren (although i tend to believe he was done a mis service there) yet everyone loves them all.

Then we have Seb, who puts his car on pole more times than anyone else, but because he celebrates by putting a finger in the air, gets criticised and is considered arrogent. Strange.
If you read my posts V you will find that I rate Seb.

His weekend however included a substandard qualifying, and I consider quallifying to be part of the race.
If you screw up qualifying and then spend the race making good, it does not necessarily make you DOTR in my book. If you take a good car and qualify on pole and control the race, I will always find it difficult not to vote you driver of the race. The job has been done - Button last Saturday!
Equally if you qualify on pole muff the start and spend the rest of the race driving through the field to 3rd place you will not get DOTR from me.

Incidently I believe the top 3 drivers are: Alonso, Schumacher and Vettel, then daylight and then the rest.

Seb was massively aided by 6 faster qualifiers taking an early shower as I posted earlier, Button on the other hand had everyone covered from the beginning! Therefore DOTR was Button in my book.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3131773)   #87
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
If you read my posts V you will find that I rate Seb.
As it happens, the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs weren't directed at you mate. Just a general question when viewing the last couple of pages (and other threads) and the amount of people who simply call him arrogent, but don't say why.

With regards to the first paragraph, i stand by my point though, he had a great car in race trim, but the place he needed to have it fastest (the straight after Eau Rouge) he had one of the slowest top ends, so his overtaking was done elsewhere.

As an aside, in China last year, Webber went out of quali 1, saved extra tyres because of it, raced through to 3rd (helped by extra tyres) and he got the majority of the DOTR votes,