Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3129840)   #1
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
McLaren Bodywork

I thought it interesting yesterday after the huge first corner accident that Lewis felt the need to carry a part of his McLaren bodywork with him back to the pits.
Was there any significance in this particular piece or did he just take it to throw out of his pram later as he'd already thrown all of his toys out of there earlier in the weekend?
Old 3 Sep 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3129877)   #2
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thought it interesting yesterday after the huge first corner accident that Lewis felt the need to carry a part of his McLaren bodywork with him back to the pits.
Was there any significance in this particular piece or did he just take it to throw out of his pram later as he'd already thrown all of his toys out of there earlier in the weekend?
Probably was his time-continuum step-pad. No point in letting the opposition see it.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3129949)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was very odd too. I think he must have picked it up for some reason, and then forgot he had it in his hand.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3129950)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Probably was his time-continuum step-pad. No point in letting the opposition see it.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3130015)   #5
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked like part of front wing that got hit by RG
Old 3 Sep 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3130066)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone was missing a driveline or suspension component too. It came back to Ferrari with Alonsos car and they were walking the pit lane trying to find which team it belong too. They showed it McLaren who said 'nah, not ours'!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3130069)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
when they told him to bring the car back in one piece i suspect they were looking for a different outcome
Old 3 Sep 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3130108)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
when they told him to bring the car back in one piece i suspect they were looking for a different outcome
yeah, it was in one piece, not or one piece!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3130183)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But he can always tweet piece by piece
Old 4 Sep 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3130356)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Whitmarsh: "No, no Lewis, I said bring the car back in one piece, not bring a piece of the car back!"
Old 4 Sep 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3130516)   #11
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe after all the twitter goings on - this was a "piece offering"?

Old 4 Sep 2012, 12:34 (Ref:3130545)   #12
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I've had a good look, and it's definitely not on eBay.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3131702)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I've had a good look, and it's definitely not on eBay.
... and the rest of the car?
Old 6 Sep 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3131725)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
... and the rest of the car?
It's on Twitter.
Old 6 Sep 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3131851)   #15
cimatt
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
cimatt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Mark Sutton, apparently Lewis found that piece of bodywork in the pit lane!

http://en.espnf1.com/belgium/motorsp...ory/87848.html
Old 6 Sep 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3132137)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It's on Twitter.