Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Nov 2007, 21:04 (Ref:2068369)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Grand-Am Rnd 1: Rolex 24 24-27 Jan 2008

Still a few weeks of 2007 left, but the next major event* for Sportscars is a 24 hour race! Hurrah. And at Daytona. Double Hurrah.

Rolex Schedule

November Testing
January Testing
The race weekend

*disagreements not welcome. As good as it is Plum Pudding at Mallory doesn't count.

Old 15 Nov 2007, 21:49 (Ref:2068407)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
As good as it is Plum Pudding at Mallory doesn't count.
Lost in translation maybe...

Old 16 Nov 2007, 00:06 (Ref:2068468)   #3
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Rolex is always an interesting event. It's always fun to see who shows up to drive what entry. It's sort of a who's who of racing with European as well as US sportscar drivers and a few NASCAR jocks as well.

DK
Old 16 Nov 2007, 09:13 (Ref:2068676)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Lost in translation maybe...

http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/

This should explain it perfectly!
Old 16 Nov 2007, 09:50 (Ref:2068716)   #5
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some interesting news coming out of the testing over there this week. The teams are coming to grips (sorry ) with the new Pirelli tyres but there have been a couple of mishaps including one big blow out.

Some new driver/team combinations starting to appear, most notibly Bill Auberlan at AJR.

Lots of photos available via www.garra-fans.com, www.motorsport.com & www.theracesite.com
Old 16 Nov 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2068970)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/

This should explain it perfectly!
Indeed!
Old 16 Nov 2007, 17:44 (Ref:2069046)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't seen a sidehack race in years!

L.P.
Old 17 Nov 2007, 01:31 (Ref:2069306)   #8
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster7
Some interesting news coming out of the testing over there this week. The teams are coming to grips (sorry ) with the new Pirelli tyres but there have been a couple of mishaps including one big blow out.
Also, some very fast laps. See link 1 and link 2 .

There was more than one tire failure.

All cars now have a yellow Caution Light on the dash and it is operated by radio from Race Control. No more excuses!
Old 17 Nov 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2069761)   #9
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
for MotorsTV viewers, I am not sure but seems that Motors will show the Rolex 24 this year ! it will be funny to watch, before the "real" sports car series begun at Sebring
Old 17 Nov 2007, 20:56 (Ref:2069775)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Some new driver/team combinations starting to appear, most notibly Bill Auberlan at AJR.
Anybody else think this could be a sign BMW has not intent on settling the whos paying for the M3 build and could mean we might see Pat Long in a Penske Spyder next season more than part-time? Would hate to see him out of the AJR car, both to see Porsche stick it to the V8s and cause it is the best looking of the DPs.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 00:48 (Ref:2069883)   #11
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Anybody else think this could be a sign BMW has not intent on settling the whos paying for the M3 build and could mean we might see Pat Long in a Penske Spyder next season more than part-time? Would hate to see him out of the AJR car, both to see Porsche stick it to the V8s and cause it is the best looking of the DPs.
I think i know where i'd wanna be if i was pat long...
Old 18 Nov 2007, 01:15 (Ref:2069897)   #12
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had somewhat facetiously suggested we'd see times in the 1:40s with the new cars and tires, but with the times already in the low 1:41s that's not looking so far-fetched.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 01:33 (Ref:2069904)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
I think i know where i'd wanna be if i was pat long...
Most drivers comments about the DPs are pretty favourable, actually. While they aren't the fastest cars out there, they seem to be fun to drive.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 13:12 (Ref:2070145)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Most drivers comments about the DPs are pretty favourable, actually. While they aren't the fastest cars out there, they seem to be fun to drive.
Actually I meant in terms of a career- I'm fairly sure Porsche have a pretty long term security in racing, and pay reasonably well too.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 12:08 (Ref:2070788)   #15
chocmonster7
Racer

United Kingdom
Darlington
chocmonster7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi
for MotorsTV viewers, I am not sure but seems that Motors will show the Rolex 24 this year ! it will be funny to watch, before the "real" sports car series begun at Sebring
There always has to be one person who likes to stir the pot in this kind of thread, doesn't there.

If Motors do show Daytona (and fingers crossed the whole season) then it will be a great step forward and warmly welcomed by a lot of viewing fans.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 21:33 (Ref:2071192)   #16
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
There always has to be one person who likes to stir the pot in this kind of thread, doesn't there.

If Motors do show Daytona (and fingers crossed the whole season) then it will be a great step forward and warmly welcomed by a lot of viewing fans.
Agreed. It may not be the LMS or ALMS or even FIA GT in some peoples eyes, but its still a high quality well respected series. Tongue in cheek is OK, though, just let it pass.
Old 20 Nov 2007, 03:49 (Ref:2071406)   #17
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Except for all the ones that don't think that. JJ Lehto basically said he'd never be caught dead in one again, and Greg Pickett would rather pay out the backside for the Cytosport Lola than drive one again. And I'm sure if one asks Adrian Fernandez, he'll tell you which of his recent mounts is more fun to drive...
Old 20 Nov 2007, 08:55 (Ref:2071505)   #18
Start_16
Rookie

Start_16 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can we get some mods in here to remove the Anti-DP crap? If they don't like it, they don't have to read it.
Old 20 Nov 2007, 09:36 (Ref:2071537)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Except for all the ones that don't think that. JJ Lehto basically said he'd never be caught dead in one again, and Greg Pickett would rather pay out the backside for the Cytosport Lola than drive one again. And I'm sure if one asks Adrian Fernandez, he'll tell you which of his recent mounts is more fun to drive...
Ironically JJ Letho drove for Krohn racing in last years Rolex24...
Old 20 Nov 2007, 13:41 (Ref:2071707)   #20
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start_16
Can we get some mods in here to remove the Anti-DP crap? If they don't like it, they don't have to read it.
Isn't that censorship and stifling good discussion?
Old 20 Nov 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2071795)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
No it's not good discussion, so let's drop it. The thread topic is about the Rolex 24 and related discussion. If you don't want to discuss that then exit stage left.

Last edited by jhansen; 20 Nov 2007 at 16:15.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 01:42 (Ref:2072170)   #22
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
No it's not good discussion, so let's drop it. The thread topic is about the Rolex 24 and related discussion. If you don't want to discuss that then exit stage left.
Didn't Snagglepuss say that? Anyway, I believe the Rolex 24 is a fun event that brings together many drivers from many different racing classes. It's a sort of mixing bowl of different talents and a fun event for most participants.

DK
Old 22 Nov 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2073635)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ironically JJ Letho drove for Krohn racing in last years Rolex24...
That is where the comment I referred to originated. It was his first DP drive, and his last.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 04:25 (Ref:2073957)   #24
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
about those DPs, how much cost a Daytona Prototype ? somehow they seem cheaper than ALMS GT cars !
Old 23 Nov 2007, 06:48 (Ref:2073981)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

with the current exchange rate of the Dollar, they should be about as expensive as a GT2 Ferrari or Porsche...but can be used for about 5 years with only minor changes. The very first Riley chassis was still running last year for AIM motorsports.