Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:22 (Ref:2221951)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Top Gear - Season 11

Top Gear is set to return for season 11 on the 22nd Of June!! Woohoo!

Well season 11 of the "new" top gear with Clarkson as main presenter.

Nearly FOUR days worth of episodes so far and that is not including the "best of" episodes.

I dont see anything yet on the BBC website as to what season 11 will bring us... but looking forward to it already!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2221979)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeeeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2222006)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sweet.
I've seen some snippets about articles around the net. 3 Veyrons in Dubai, a bullet train race in Japan (GT-r perhaps?).
Old 7 Jun 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2222127)   #4
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also in the new series, according to the exec producer:

TG vs the Germans (featuring Sabine )
Cheap Alfa Challenge
We Can Make Better Police Cars

From his blog. Sounding very promising
Old 9 Jun 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2224048)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc
Cheap Alfa Challenge
Oh my God. It's the programme of my dreams.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2224461)   #6
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yeeeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
sunday nights back to its best
Old 11 Jun 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2225448)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking forward to it too, saw the advert on BBC last night The best Sunday nights though were with TG and Long Way Down.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2225855)   #8
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read something about an "electric car". Not sure what that might entail though.
Old 11 Jun 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2225912)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
an electric car... similar to an electric fence and used as a booby trap in a hire car car park?
Old 11 Jun 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2226162)   #10
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The advert on TV at the moment was good.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 04:21 (Ref:2226602)   #11
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's alreay on in Oz!! 7:30 Monday nights. The second series of Top Gear after Hamster's crash is the one you're talking about right? We're already 2 episodes into it. Last episode was the trek across the Channel. It was hilarious! Problem is, the channel that shows Top Gear (SBS) is only planning to show 6 episodes of that series. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Sack SBS!!!! Show all the episodes!!!!!
Old 12 Jun 2008, 07:27 (Ref:2226670)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
erms nope that was the last series we saw, Series 10 [see here].
Old 12 Jun 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2226779)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
For those who cant get to see the new trailers...

LINKY

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 13 Jun 2008, 02:06 (Ref:2227454)   #14
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bad. I remembered Australia's 1 season behind you guys. Oops.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2230338)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar

Well season 11 of the "new" top gear with Clarkson as main presenter.
Hasn't Clarkson always been main presenter?
Old 16 Jun 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2230402)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depends I suppose. Heat readers no doubt see Hammond as the main man (I use the word man loosely here), swooning over his boyish good looks and trendy garb.

As good as May is, I can't think of a single stereotype to collectively admire him and view him as the star man (I use the word man in its strongest possible sense here).

However, yes, Clarkson has and always will be the main man. He was still the main man when he'd left the show, during the dark days of Jason Barlow and his randomly numbered skin-tight sweaters.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2230779)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
However, yes, Clarkson has and always will be the main man.
I'm sure William Woollard fans might have something to say about that
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2231265)   #18
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Hasn't Clarkson always been main presenter?
Top Gear as I know it started in 2002 with Clarkson, Hammond & the fat man before James...

I havn't got round to watching the previous Top Gear which started in 1978.. Clarkson only joined that in 1988.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2231284)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I'm sure William Woollard fans might have something to say about that
Fair point! I had shamefully ignored pre-Clarkson era.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 21:15 (Ref:2231471)   #20
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hammond and May were on Chris Moyles' breakfast show this morning, apparently the police cars thingy is on this week...and rumour has it that one of the episodes features Clarkson in a off road vehicle dressed as a fox being chased by a hunt.

Also they have an "occassional regular" who does a type of driving that they can't do...dread to thing what that might be.

I can't wait for this to start, although going to miss this weeks as I have to do an airport run.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2231642)   #21
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
I can't wait for this to start, although going to miss this weeks as I have to do an airport run.
I'm away too so going to miss it, but I'd have thought it'll be on BBC iPlayer so I will try and catch it on there instead
Old 18 Jun 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2231890)   #22
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Ive been looking at the information on the "old" top gear... I count 528 30min episodes! They certainly did churn them out. That is 30mins shy of a FULL 11 DAYS non stop Top Gear.

On average 22 a year for 24 years! 2001 and 1997 had 36 episodes!!

My question is.. Were these all original episodes or did they do "best of" episodes in those days also? I am not talking about full repeats.

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2231956)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Also they have an "occassional regular" who does a type of driving that they can't do...dread to thing what that might be.
Tiff Needell, please!

We need the return of shirt related banter between him and Clarkson.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 16:13 (Ref:2232002)   #24
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Vicki Butler-Henderson talking about things being rorty. Oooooh, I think I need a cold shower.
Old 18 Jun 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2232004)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL