Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Sep 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3570835)   #101
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drissi receives a one year ban from Trans Am for his Mid Ohio shenanigans.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 23:02 (Ref:3570881)   #102
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I watched the race on TV. Any shred of credibility that Drissi had was lost when he claimed to be a victim and referred to the Ruman team as "those guys, whatever their names are".

I also found it appropriate that Mr. Drissi was beached in the sand trap on lap 1 of the Xfinity race at Road America.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3570900)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Seems fitting.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3570903)   #104
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Good! Idiot.

Any footage online yet?
Old 3 Sep 2015, 00:58 (Ref:3570911)   #105
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good! Idiot.

Any footage online yet?
Yepper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFX1R15IAw

The incident starts around 24 minutes in.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3571047)   #106
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Wow, I knew it was bad from reading the reports but this is unbelievable bad driving manners by Drissi! Btw, his red mist starts early in the race already, way before the climax with Ruman.

Good that Drissi has been banned for quite some time but I don't think he cares about it for a second, he only did one-offs in TA for the last couple of years anyway and has too many gigs in IMSA and Nascar. His dollars are hard to resist for many team owners in those series I'm afraid...

On a different note: great to see Peterson's body shaped Cadillac out there, so is Adam Andretti's progress in the top class!
Old 3 Sep 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3571056)   #107
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Good that Drissi has been banned for quite some time but I don't think he cares about it for a second, he only did one-offs in TA for the last couple of years anyway and has too many gigs in IMSA and Nascar. His dollars are hard to resist for many team owners in those series I'm afraid...
Pretty much. It's not as if the ban can be extended to any other series, but to Drissi it's almost meaningless because Trans-Am is pretty far down his list of priorities.

The interview was still rather galling, but if you're going to tell a whopper it may as well be a big one!
Old 3 Sep 2015, 16:46 (Ref:3571084)   #108
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Why didn't he get a black flag?
Old 3 Sep 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3571088)   #109
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
Can you remember a driver getting black-flagged for anything lately? Not picking on you, but stewards nowadays are just too weak to try anything like that.

Example: I noticed that 30 minutes before the end of the WEC Nurburgring race, they penalized Makowiecki for running into the Ferrari 3 hours earlier.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 17:13 (Ref:3571101)   #110
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
like much major racing series, TA uses radio communications from race control to the teams to bring across messages.

I was surprised about the late decision on the penalty for the GTE Porsche as well, looked like a no-brainer to me. Agreed on race directors/stewards/safety committes being not 'pro-active' and convincing enough on lots of stuff.
Old 3 Sep 2015, 17:27 (Ref:3571111)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yepper

To be honest I thought i was going to see something much more egregious than that. The contact wasnt as blatant as i was expecting.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 01:39 (Ref:3571254)   #112
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
To be honest I thought i was going to see something much more egregious than that. The contact wasnt as blatant as i was expecting.
Same.

That wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

The way people were hyping this up was if he hooked her straight into the fence with big damage.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 02:23 (Ref:3571263)   #113
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I agree, he was definitely blocking her and crowded her when she tried to pass, so it was completely his fault, but once they locked together I think we was just riding it out from there.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3571352)   #114
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yepper

The last incident happens at about the 24 minute mark. There are also situations created by Drissi at 12:45, 14:20 (may make more sense if you start from 13:45), and 16:15. He fully deserves the one-year ban.

Last edited by TheMightyM; 4 Sep 2015 at 14:39.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3571353)   #115
Coach Ep
Veteran

Media starting to pick up the news:

http://sportscar365.com/scca-2/driss...from-trans-am/

Let's hope IMSA does the right thing and follow's SCCA/TA's lead!
Old 4 Sep 2015, 14:43 (Ref:3571356)   #116
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Wow, I knew it was bad from reading the reports but this is unbelievable bad driving manners by Drissi! Btw, his red mist starts early in the race already, way before the climax with Ruman.

On a different note: great to see Peterson's body shaped Cadillac out there, so is Adam Andretti's progress in the top class!
I think IMSA/Nascar should really consider banning Drissi from competing in their series also. It would send a clear message that this sort of thing is not to be tolerated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The last incident happens at about the 24 minute mark. There are also situations created by Drissi at the 12:45, 14:20 (may make more sense if you start from 13:45), and 16:15. He fully deserves the one-year ban.
Yeah that.^ It is important to watch the pre race interview and the post incident interview with Drissi also. Just watching the clip from the final wreck doesn't tell the whole story.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3571357)   #117
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Media starting to pick up the news:

http://sportscar365.com/scca-2/driss...from-trans-am/

Let's hope IMSA does the right thing and follow's SCCA/TA's lead!
Old 4 Sep 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3571359)   #118
Coach Ep
Veteran

It might also be worth watching the '14 and '13 races (not sure if that's possible for '13) to witness the previous altercations Drissi and Ruman had at Mid-Ohio. Haven't watch myself yet.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 17:46 (Ref:3571405)   #119
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
The last incident happens at about the 24 minute mark. There are also situations created by Drissi at 12:45, 14:20 (may make more sense if you start from 13:45), and 16:15. He fully deserves the one-year ban.
Here are the incidents picked out for easier viewing.

1st: https://youtu.be/3DFX1R15IAw?t=756
2nd: https://youtu.be/3DFX1R15IAw?t=848
3rd: https://youtu.be/3DFX1R15IAw?t=976
Stop & Go: https://youtu.be/3DFX1R15IAw?t=1291
4th: https://youtu.be/3DFX1R15IAw?t=1422

He was a bit out of control, however they might should have black flagged the field. That was a bit of a **** show.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3571416)   #120
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
He was a bit out of control, however they might should have black flagged the field. That was a bit of a **** show.
Don't think there's any discussion he was way outta control (and not shy about it before the race either).

But what do you mean with that other sentence?
Old 4 Sep 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3571423)   #121
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Don't think there's any discussion he was way outta control (and not shy about it before the race either).

But what do you mean with that other sentence?
Sorry, I was being facetious when I said 'a bit'. I agree, way over the line.

I meant there was some poor driving throughout the event (at least 75% through, that's as far as I have watched) and not just from Drissi.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 19:20 (Ref:3571428)   #122
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
Perhaps you're referring to the guy in the Camaro who got it all wrong at the end of the back straight and accidentally destroyed an M3?
Old 15 Aug 2016, 17:20 (Ref:3665778)   #123
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trans-Am Series for newbies

On this forum I don't see many conversations about the Trans-Am series . For a new driver 17 years old that will have done the Skip Barber School and is looking to get into a somewhat entry level series " T-2 , or T-3 Class " with-in Trans-Am . Why is there not more interest ? Is it basicly looked at as " Glorified Club Racing " ?:

Anyone on here either a team owner , driver or crew member that can share some light on the topic . Funding is available but starting out in a GT class seems to be a bad idea to me .He is not really interested in the Spec Miata classes

Conti series is an option , BUT do we really see many teams in that classification moving up to any of the GT classes ?
Old 15 Aug 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3665779)   #124
Coach Ep
Veteran

Correct, TA is widely regarded as a glorified club racing series - which is not far from the reality.

Anyway, TA2 thru TA-whateve- the-number-is-nowadays is certainly not a bad entry level for a young gun. Also, there's quite an influx of new, young drivers in PWC GTS. If the talent is there, it'll show - and quickly if there's an abundance.

It all depends on the available budget - why not visit a TA or PWC weekend and start talking with whoever wants to listen?
Old 15 Aug 2016, 18:32 (Ref:3665796)   #125
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coach Ep . That is what we are planning to do along with some team owners that do offer " Arrive and Drive " Programs . Though I think mixing in a few testing oppurtunities is also a good option