Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Sep 2001, 01:49 (Ref:153522)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Nations Cup

Howdy Folks,
Just watched the All nations rounds at Eastern Creek and thought they were 3 great races. What do you guys and gals think of it. Personally I love seeing all the different makes duke it out on track and it is great to see the Viper getting more and more competitive. Stokell and Morgan had a good dice there for the whole of the last race and in the words of Darrell 'I'm a ********' Eastlakes, " Hasn't it got some mumbo!!!!!".
( Sorry, getting carried away again )

So, who's gonna win next Saturday ?

My money is on Stokell with a Viper and a Ferrari taking 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 30 Sep 2001 at 01:51.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 01:56 (Ref:153523)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of late, the Ferrari's and the Porsche's have been handicapped out of the race...so it would be hard for anything but the Lambo and Viper to win. I think they should just let it all go sports car- if the Viper can have the same kit as the Vipers in the ALMS series, why can't the other cars use such aero tricks? It's supposed to be a parity class, but that is impossible, especially when there are new cars coming in all of the time...
Old 30 Sep 2001, 07:32 (Ref:153556)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know whether they could make it a full-on sportscar championship, it costs more to put an FIA GT car on the grid than a Super Tourer.

I reckon if all the cars were allowed the GT Kits like the Vipers, eg... Supra's, Honda's and Nissans could use kits from Japanese GT's, Porsche, BMW, Corvette's use ALMS kits and so on and so on, TVR and Marcos and so on could use kits from FIA GT. It wouldn't be too hard to develop aero kits for the Jag (where is it) and the Lambo, and the Ferrari's could use the kits used in the FIA GT. Fit them all with standard sequentials like the Viper and give them enough concessions each so the racing is close, it would be awesome.

If the cars were built to GT3 ALMS/FIA GT spec, which cars like the Viper's basically are, then it could even allow teams to race them in Australian ALMS or (if it happened) FIA GT rounds.

As for the Porsche out of the running, apparently GT3 Supercup Porsche's are going to be allowed in next year.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 07:52 (Ref:153558)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting comments, 69 and crash and appreciate your replies .

I didn't realise there was such a difference now in the regs concerning individual cars and I hope they can come to a consensus that satisfies all. Seeing high performance street cars such as the Diablo and 360 race each other on the track was something I used to dream about as a boy and I have really enjoyed this series.

Just watched the Sandown 500 and congrats to J Bowe and Ferrari.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 30 Sep 2001 at 07:52.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 08:59 (Ref:153575)   #5
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I would love to see one of the BMW M3 in a fully decked out Le Mans wing kit to compete in the Nations Cup. There are some wonderful machines out there. Theres a PROCAR meeting at Oran Park soon isn't there.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 22:49 (Ref:153994)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course it would cost more to make it into a full on sportscar series, but they are 95% of the way there with the Vipers etc- they already have the body kit and a sequential box in them...they are much more a racing car than a production car...

The old BMW really did fall out of favour with Nations Cup competitors- but what happened to the Z3s?? I believe OP is the last round of the Procar series, it was originally to be held at night, but it will be a sunday meeting now.