Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3739976)   #76
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's about 8 or so cars in the same wall. Hopefully someone wasn't getting out of a car when more piled in. Some of those cars are in a bad bad state. Taylor-Smiths MG has medics alongside it now.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3739977)   #77
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I worry for Davenport, Taylor-Smith, and Jeff Smith. A huge amount of damage on many cars, I think oil went down at Barcroft or out of the Esses. This will be a huge stoppage...
Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3739978)   #78
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not another write-off for MG....

11 cars apparently involved
Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3739984)   #79
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel sick after seeing that.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3739986)   #80
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
once again i better ask the question, is there a curfew in Croft and that might it a bit tight on all the races that was due to take a race today,
Old 10 Jun 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3739987)   #81
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
once again i better ask the question, is there a curfew in Croft and that might it a bit tight on all the races that was due to take a race today,
90 minutes time.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3739989)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They said everyone was talking on the radio but I'll be surprised if everyone is uninjured. Taylor-Smith and Smiths cars were absolutely destroyed. There was a few worried faces when those cars came back to the paddock. Hopefully everyone only has bumps and bruises, but that was a bad one.

If they do go green, I think times will tumble. Conditions are better than earlier.

Edit: session abandoned.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 10 Jun 2017 at 16:13.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:40 (Ref:3739993)   #83
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They said everyone was talking on the radio but I'll be surprised if everyone is uninjured. Taylor-Smith and Smiths cars were absolutely destroyed. There was a few worried faces when those cars came back to the paddock. Hopefully everyone only has bumps and bruises, but that was a bad one.
'UPDATE FROM CROFT: Aron Taylor-Smith is already en route to hospital. Jeff Smith is being readied at the Croft Medical Centre before being airlifted to hospital. Luke Davenport is currently being assessed at the Medical Centre. None of the injuries suffered are thought to be life threatening.'

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBTC...39296369445141
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3739995)   #84
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grid for Race 1 has been published http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/172303/session/grdtrg

but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see how many gaps there actually are on the grid.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3739996)   #85
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3739997)   #86
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and because of the oil there is NO RESTART and that will give ITV4 a headache as it was only nine minute qualfying seassion plus of course can update everyone on the drivers invole
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3739998)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Coverage of the crash is on Youtube.
Very heavy crash.

Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3739999)   #88
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Footage not great due to visibility and rain on camera lens, but good enough to give you a start.

Poor old genuine Jeff was stationary after one hit when Taylor-Smith piled into him at unabated speed.

Do 888 have any MG6 shells left that aren't already mangled to a pulp?
Old 10 Jun 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3740000)   #89
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Footage not great due to visibility and rain on camera lens, but good enough to give you a start.

Poor old genuine Jeff was stationary after one hit when Taylor-Smith piled into him at unabated speed.

Do 888 have any MG6 shells left that aren't already mangled to a pulp?
Taylor-Smith and Jeff Smith are taking no further part in the weekend, I suspect it is the same case for Luke Davenport.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3740007)   #90
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Taylor-Smith and Jeff Smith are taking no further part in the weekend, I suspect it is the same case for Luke Davenport.
Yeah I expected that to be a given.

I think only Eurotech have a workable spare unless that went back to dynamics last year
Old 10 Jun 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3740010)   #91
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
I think only Eurotech have a workable spare unless that went back to dynamics last year
Not allowed to use a spare under any circumstances anyway.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3740011)   #92
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Not allowed to use a spare under any circumstances anyway.
I meant for the next round, not tomorrow.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3740014)   #93
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only judging from youtube clip, and not sure what visibility of the flag points was like, but drivers certainly don't seem to have approached with due regard for yellows. Glad that it appears no life-threatening injuries - and that no marshals got caught up in it.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3740018)   #94
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the pile up, that really was very nasty indeed!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3740024)   #95
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Unsurprisingly, BTCC website comfirms that all 3 have been withdrawn. Hopefully some better news later
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:01 (Ref:3740029)   #96
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awful to see. The main thing is I hope everyone is okay.

Those cars are all write-offs. The damage bill for MG definitely doesn't help their scenario.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:19 (Ref:3740036)   #97
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Ford is defiantly a write off, because they cut the B Pillar out of the car on the drivers side.

Taylor-Smith was also unconscious for a period of time after the crash.

The oil was also from Davenport ripping the sump off his car as far as I am aware and the rear of Jordan's BMW made sizeable contact with Davenports car.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3740042)   #98
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Don't know how much of this was on the qualifying coverage as I've only seen the very brief clip on YouTube, but speaking to someone who was at the circuit, Davenport spun and ripped the sump off. Jordan spun on the oil an went backwards into Davenport, after which all hell broke lose.

Jordan's car has big rear-end damage. Fixable long term but likely to be very second hand for tomorrow.

Davenport had to be cut out of the car. Team initially think the car is repairable, but that might change once they get back to the workshop and have a proper look at it. They did start building another chassis earlier in the year but that was never completed, so it's a toss up if the repair one or finish building the other depending one which is less work.

No official word from the team, but those that have seen it say the MG is probably scrap. Where they go from now is anyone's guess.

Similar story with the Eurotech Civic. Nothing from the team but not looking good. The good news is that they do still have a spare car if needed.

And a word of warning to anyone going tomorrow. They had to use 4x4s to drag cars out of the car park today - the whole place is virtually underwater.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3740045)   #99
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
horrible crash likely some fluids on track
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3740047)   #100
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Jordan's car has big rear-end damage. Fixable long term but likely to be very second hand for tomorrow.

West Surrey Racing, Twitter

West Surrey Racing, Twitter

Quote:
Davenport had to be cut out of the car. Team initially think the car is repairable, but that might change once they get back to the workshop and have a proper look at it. They did start building another chassis earlier in the year but that was never completed, so it's a toss up if the repair one or finish building the other depending one which is less work.

rebeccaramseyy, Twitter

rebeccaramseyy, Twitter

Quote:
Similar story with the Eurotech Civic. Nothing from the team but not looking good. The good news is that they do still have a spare car if needed.

rebeccaramseyy, Twitter

The MG...

Andy Gray, Twitter

rebeccaramseyy, Twitter