Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:48 (Ref:568839)   #1
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just the weather/pit lane speeding or is Blueprint actually working?

At PI, Skaife was running away with it, then the speeding drive-thru then the rain.

Lowndes wins and the scoreboard says Holden 1 round, Ford 1 round.

Lowndes first in the corrected points with Skaife second.

Even so far, with arguably the top 2 drivers in the category in recent years.

Blueprint or just circumstance?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:55 (Ref:568843)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We also face this conundrum for F1 this year. Is it the rule changes that have brought about different results or unforseen coincidences ?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:25 (Ref:568865)   #3
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife is clearly consistantly the best performer, and no amount of Blueprinting will stop him from being at the front.

But I don't see any difference in speed between the top six or eight guys. At Phillip Island Kelly, Ambrose, Bright and Lowndes seemed to be pretty equal on race pace.

I think so far the best drivers are at the front regardless of what badge they are behind.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:55 (Ref:568919)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find all the better drivers are going to have good days & bad days this year & the driver that has more good & less bad will be the champion but i still see Skaife being too consistent for everyone else.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:01 (Ref:569028)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The question has to be asked - what do you honestly expect Project Blueprint to achieve?

(One relatively short para answers preferred - but a serious question...)

Last edited by RaceTime; 14 Apr 2003 at 13:02.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:38 (Ref:569052)   #6
Acj 428
Rookie

Acj 428 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that over half the top commodores are still Vy's and the top Fords teams seem to have more BA so how can blueprint work if you only have two or three holden teams running new spec cars? Compared to ford teams! No wonder the Fords haven't really stood out!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:51 (Ref:569058)   #7
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think its working at all . Its almost static from last year Skafie and Ambrose are to two to beat and until the VY's do surface nothing will change and then still maybe not . PI was a boring as Bat $hit until it rained
more it changes the more it stays the same .

I think its disgraceful that HRT/HRO are running VX/VY car a factory team should have the lastest spec cars from day 1
they should put a time limit on how long the VX/VY type car can run
Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:50 (Ref:569515)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Racetime,

A Ford supporter would want (expect!) Blueprint to achieve a Ford winning the championship and Bathurst.

A Holden supporter would expect a Holden to win the championship and Bathurst.

One side is going to be disappointed.

If Ford don't win one of the two prizes going, then public opinion will generally be that Blueprint didn't work.

One round win each, so far- it's contrived but the system is being seen to be fair atm.

Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:52 (Ref:569516)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What the series needs is for Skaifey to have some bad luck... I suppose he has had a bit, but at least at this point in time, he hasn't already piddled off into the distance with a massive points lead...
Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:55 (Ref:569521)   #10
Mattracer
Veteran

I also agree that VY spec cars should be running to full specs from day 1, but apparently there are some problems with getting parts for the Aurora engines for HRT. Only GRM and Dynamik are running full-spec VY cars atm. This is a strange situation.

Surely HRT, as good and well-organised as they are, could get their engines together a bit more quickly?

Having said that, the biggest change for any Holden team is the TEGA suspension, and HRT have got that happening almost straight away, with obvious results.

Old 15 Apr 2003, 07:45 (Ref:569847)   #11
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my perception of blueprint was that it was ment to give each brand an even chance of winning at least on paper, we all know that HRT are the best team both in budget & technical ability, because of their technical capabilities & the links with KMART & TB we have a situation where there are 6 holdens that are much better than the other holdens & better than all the fords except SBR, considering that HRT build all the cars for the 'symbol' group & the regularity that they have turned out new cars in the past it seems a bit strange that they havent at least had a new VY up and running & that both KMART & TB havent had their cars upgraded.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 12:58 (Ref:570074)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Project Blueprint doesn't create better racing, it creates an artificial spectacle.

Everyone will now run around saying "look how close the grid is, 1 second covering 25 cars" or whatever. When it comes to the race all Blueprint achieves is processional racing with no passing.

All that supposed excitement during race 2 at Adelaide, all those supposed passing manouvres. All that looked to me was desperate lunges under breaking after a safety car period, because they drivers knew they had bugger all chance of another go when everything settled down.

All Blueprint has done is that it means it no longer matters if a manufacturer can't do a good enough job, what we have is a silouette class, same except for the bodies, effectively one make.

In my opinion this isn't racing

Last edited by racer69; 15 Apr 2003 at 13:01.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 14:21 (Ref:570144)   #13
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, I'm with racer69, but I think only VERY relaxed contact rules (unless a move was genuinely dangerous, no penalty) and rain can make the races better.....maybe some more reverse grids (yes, artificial I know, but it's better than every car being the same and NO overtaking)

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock