Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Jun 2002, 14:25 (Ref:313577)   #51
hysen
Racer

hysen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sarahkavanagh

I agree to an extent Hysen, but there have been many many illustrious karters, few of whom had that kind of money to go further. And to go further you must have it. It's not merit based, it's contact based. Plus there's the half million or so spent on PR! Not racing...PR! I think that's a break! You may be right, Davidson may have been better! Where does that leave us?
To a great extent it is contact based but with those two more than any others in recent times they deserve to have the money ploughed into them. I know from personal experience how good those two were/are and i have yet to come up against two that are better (bearing in mind I have raced against most of the other British drivers mentioned in this thread).

So where does that leave us?

Well it leaves me still in karting where i am quite happy with no aspirations/delusions to go race F1 and it puts Button and Davidson where they deserve to be - in and nearly in F1.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 14:40 (Ref:313589)   #52
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

sarahkavanagh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope Anthony gets a drive, he deserves it.

Wow, you guys are making me work!! Have a training session now, so i'm gone for a while, and my typing is so bad my fingers are aching!!

Regards,

Sarah
www.sarahkavanagh.com
Old 14 Jun 2002, 14:54 (Ref:313606)   #53
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clyde Ankle
If you thinks the Barber's and Button's etc. of this world are not well enough you must be a billionaire!
Old 14 Jun 2002, 14:54 (Ref:313607)   #54
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry

"well enough" should be "well off"
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:20 (Ref:313629)   #55
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there's a lot of pointed stuff being said here about Sarah and others, but as a red blooded male, I wish her every success and love the topless shots in the gallery on her web site
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:21 (Ref:313630)   #56
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
(by topless, I meant without a helmet of course)
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:26 (Ref:313635)   #57
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
touche
Old 14 Jun 2002, 15:30 (Ref:313641)   #58
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
oh yes, I nearly forgot ... this is the one where Danny Watts speed trap figures (at the top end) were so unbelievable in the May qualifying and race ... www.mstworld.com
Old 14 Jun 2002, 17:09 (Ref:313686)   #59
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah. For someone not wanting to get into the slagging and all the justification, you've certainly done quite a bit of both. Apart from Ant Davidson (and you only wished him good luck), you've had nothing good to say about anyone (drivers, teams, tracks, etc...) I think that your decision to make some of the comments that you've made over these last few posts, will not help attract potential sponsors. This is bad negative PR.

Like Evil Pumpkin, I am NOT a Paddy begrudger. I would love to see some Irish TALENT get through the ranks to F1. My personal favourite F1 team is Jordan (because they're Irish). I followed Damian Faulkner last year hoping that he might make it. This year I sincerly hope that Michael Devaney, Keith Dempsey, Mick Keohane and the others do make it. I hope they go all the way because they have demonstrable talent. But you just have not shown this amount of talent. Thats why it is so hard to take your PR speil seriously. If you were Irish and had demonstrated the talent, that would be a completely different story. The fact that you are female would make it all the more incredible.

You say that "When Trevor Carlin says that he can get me on the front row in F3 with 2 (TWO) test days, I think I deserve a chance.
Trevor Carlin is selling you a seat. How many team owners/managers have EVER said that a driver was bad/slow in pre-season testing? NONE. Because these people are making money out of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by sarahkavanagh
Any driver will tell you the sponsors want the Holy grail for £2.50, no possibility of F1 = no interest. That's just a fact of life and I wish it wasn't like that. The only reason you can get money for EuroBOSS is that they are F1 cars, and sponsors can kind of pretend to their customers that it's more than it is.
Are you saying here that EuroBOSS is just more hype???? Odd... I thought thats what you said. Credibility??? Hmmm.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 17:33 (Ref:313702)   #60
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

OK Av8. I thought this was a forum for people to chat freely, not a PR exercise. Your suggestion that I'll harm myself by not agreeing with someone, or not praising all and sundry is interesting. Had I known you wanted me to carry out a PR exercise i wouldn't have bothered popping in.

You however are very aware of the damage you can do to me in this forum, which is why you won't declare your name or your interest. Go ahead.

I never called pumkin a Paddy Begrudger.

Yes I know you'd prefer those drivers to succeed, I think that's obvious.

Trevor Carlin was carrying out an evaluation for McLaren, I did not have the money and was not in the market for a seat and he knew that.

Motor racing is a sport, entertainment if you like. Sponsors pay to associate with sport and entertainment. Don't confuse racing with life and death. it's a commercial arena. Yes it's all hype...sorry

sarah
Old 14 Jun 2002, 20:29 (Ref:313874)   #61
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Just a note - Sarah never called me a Paddy Begrudger and I should have put a smiley after my comment as it was meant as a joke.

Sarah, this is a public forum and I for one am glad to see you here - however, as you've probably noticed, it can get a bit argumentative. I hope you'll keep posting as I find it interesting - even if I don't necessarily agree with people, I always enjoy the discussion. I don't really think anyone can do you any damage by posting here - there are a lot of drivers that come under discussion and I don't think it's harmed any of them. You know what they say - the only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about!

av - if you don't like Sarah, grand - that's your privilege - but there's no need to be nasty either. There's a couple of people on this forum that I really don't like either - with extremely good reasons I might add - I just leave them alone and as long as they extend me the same courtesy, we can co-exist.

Having seen a few of your other posts, I know you're better than that and I'm surprised to see you react this way. Look forward to a slightly less personal debate.
Old 14 Jun 2002, 23:19 (Ref:314051)   #62
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah, I have only just read this thread, and to be brutally honest, I am quite suprised that so many users are being so 'anti-sarahkavangah' - I wish you good luck in whatever racing category you end up in and am sure you'll do well. Obviously, Formula 1 is not really a mega likely chance...but despite what others ahve said...creating hype is part of getting into Formula1. Media hype surrounding Kimi Raikkonen got him into a McLaren seat didnt it...
Old 15 Jun 2002, 00:10 (Ref:314079)   #63
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

Not really DNQ, in fact not at all except for the usual one who has a vested interest he's not declaring. This is a great forum of interesting people and I haven't found it anti-me at all.

I mean anyone with an F1 ambition is as mad as a stick and their sanity has to be questioned. What's interesting is that you then seem to go from a mad hatter to a SuperHero, and to a new level far beyond the reach of anyone else.

Perhaps some of the other drivers should visit too. They're only human too.

Regards,

Sarah
www.sarahkavanagh.com
Old 15 Jun 2002, 01:26 (Ref:314099)   #64
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leave the girl alone!!!!!!!!

Sarah...I commend you for turning up here in the first place - we dont see too many other drivers - well at least they dont come in under their real names!!

If you dont have aspirations you may as well sit at home with a cuppa and watch "Neighbours" - some of the brain dead comments that have been made here against you and others with aspirations have obviously been typed during the commercial breaks!!

Keep up the good work and best of luck for your racing future, wherever it takes you.

Aussie_F3 (Mark)
Old 15 Jun 2002, 02:45 (Ref:314128)   #65
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 08:19 (Ref:314211)   #66
kwd
Racer

kwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed earlier you loved the Eau Rouge experience,have to admit this is the first I have heard of you but was wondering if have experienced the I320r at Suzuka under full throttle?/like it?. Personally the full throttle hang on to your hat on the exit corners are brilliant. Best of luck,nice to see someone going for it.

Last edited by kwd; 15 Jun 2002 at 08:19.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 08:43 (Ref:314215)   #67
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

Yes I was there in 97, it was a character building experience the way we did it. Bringing an old UK car out there and arriving 3 hours before first practice etc etc.

But back in 1997 130R in a Reynard 95D on Bridgestones needed just the tiniest of lifts or a left foot. Way less than the F1 boys now. Most of the BOSS cars like mine, Tony Worswick's 194 and the '94 Benetton's could take that flat!! (But not with just anybody driving). I remember in-car footage of Senna there in the McLaren...Awesome!

Another one of my favourites it the Craners-Old hairpin at Donington, that's a wild ride!! It's flat through the Craners in my Jordan and these days it's a left foot scrub-off to make the Old hairpin.

Dingle Dell and Paddock at Brands Hatch are mega too, I only drove on the long circuit once last year, was a 10th off in first practice but the box broke for the race.

I better dust off the Jordan! Wish I was out in it today!!

Best regards,

Sarah
www.sarahkavanagh.com
Old 15 Jun 2002, 08:44 (Ref:314216)   #68
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

By the way I didn't say, it was Formula Nippon.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 11:26 (Ref:314292)   #69
kwd
Racer

This isdirected to Sarah or anyone else and is no way to be taken as a slant towards female drivers. It was a joke came up with by Paul Tracy's[CART} wife. After Sarah Fisher and I believe it was Janet Guthrie took themselves out at the INDY500 a couple of years ago. DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY CRASHED?------- Everyone knows you can't run four abreast in the corners at INDY.

Last edited by kwd; 15 Jun 2002 at 11:29.
Old 15 Jun 2002, 19:09 (Ref:314513)   #70
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Sarah in your hunt for a competative drive this year.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 04:33 (Ref:314763)   #71
raj2003
Rookie

raj2003 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just wan to offer my best wishes to you Sarah.
My friend Reena is like you and wants to amke it in f1 some day.
I've got my hopes high for you both.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 06:38 (Ref:314787)   #72
hysen
Racer

hysen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kwd
After Sarah Fisher and I believe it was Janet Guthrie took themselves out at the INDY500 a couple of years ago.
Wasnt it Lyn St. James?
Old 16 Jun 2002, 06:56 (Ref:314789)   #73
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was. Lyn's last race I think.She now runs a foundation to help USA female drivers. Janet Guthrie retired many years ago.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 08:01 (Ref:314804)   #74
kwd
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by hysen

Wasnt it Lyn St. James?
i wasn't totally sure, thx
Old 16 Jun 2002, 14:42 (Ref:314937)   #75
sarahkavanagh
Rookie

Thank you for all your questions and interest and support. i've think we've exhausted the subject now for a while until perhaps I can make some progress :-).

As I said now that I've got ADSL I'm online a lot more and I'm taking a personal hand in the website and stuff. There's a Yahoo messenger graphic on the top of the first pages of the site which will tell you whether I'm online or not. don't be shy if you fancy a chat, but don't bother if you're planning to abuse me!!! LOL. I'll put you on ignore forever! Serious petrolheads only please :-).

If any of you guys feel like making a difference to this F3000 budget, please don't forget you can switch your Amazon purchases etc through my site, which helps a lot. Come and have a look at what we're doing anyway, or subscribe to the maillist.

with Best regards to all,

Sarah
www.sarahkavanagh.com