Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 May 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3539775)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 monte carlo races 2015

it time for GP2 to race on the streets of Monaco and the races are a Friday at 10.00am and Saturday at 3.10pm (2nd weekend running i watch this and something else at the same time)

hope for a trouble free races after the past few years here with blocked track for the past 2 years
Old 21 May 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3539927)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crazy qualifying session about to begin, dry track but rain at the start of the session, due to get heavier.

Some cars on slicks, some wets.

What happens with group 2 if group 1 get a dryish session and group 2 a fully wet session?

Carnage ensued, Marciello set a stunning lap in group 1.

Last edited by tux; 21 May 2015 at 14:33.
Old 21 May 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3539933)   #3
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex Rossi on pole, drying track for group 2.
Old 21 May 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3540024)   #4
skells22
Veteran

Haryanto is in FIA bad books. get a three place grid pen for not slowing down under yellow flags.
Old 21 May 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3540040)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he didn't slow enough for yellow flags on a wet track?

don't really need to say anything about that do we? speaks for itself.
Old 22 May 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3540138)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne doesn't mind starting 4th! He takes another win, making it 5 wins from the last 6 feature races in GP2 - the one he didn't win was the one that got away in Sochi!

Give the man a Formula 1 drive NOW!
Old 22 May 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3540145)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no no he's too good for f1, crowbar him into a lmp1 drive immediately

honestly, you can't fault him. and if you can, you can't do it twice cause he's learnt from the error the first time...
Old 22 May 2015, 15:50 (Ref:3540209)   #8
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne will surely replace Alonso at McLaren once his contract ends, but where would he go in 2016? He's definitely going to win this years championship, so he'd have to go either to the back of the grid in F1 or touring cars? :/

Marciello meanwhile continues to disappoint me, as an Italian I was excited when he won his F3 title in the hopes that he'd become the first full-time Italian at Ferrari since Capelli. But still nothing to show since F3..
Old 22 May 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3540235)   #9
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne is something special. While I'm a fan of Button I wouldn't mind if he stepped aside to let him in to F1.
Old 22 May 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3540245)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if he does replace a McLaren driver, that's the back of the grid in F1 and a good learning step isn't it??!!
Old 22 May 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3540274)   #11
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I watch....Evans crashes...again...
Old 22 May 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3540286)   #12
skells22
Veteran

speaking of which why i had no news on the yellow flag overtake or the other tangle that was checked?
Old 22 May 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3540288)   #13
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marciello and Ferrari made a huge mistake to change teams. RE makes even Rossi looking great, with Lelo they would have taken the fight to Vandoorne
Old 23 May 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3540343)   #14
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
Marciello and Ferrari made a huge mistake to change teams. RE makes even Rossi looking great, with Lelo they would have taken the fight to Vandoorne

To be fair, I reckon it's more Rossi finally stringing everything together rather than RE flattering him.

Lello has made a lot of mistakes himself already this season, independent of the team
Old 23 May 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3540363)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
To be fair, I reckon it's more Rossi finally stringing everything together rather than RE flattering him.

Lello has made a lot of mistakes himself already this season, independent of the team
I'd go with this, although King is fairly close to Rossi on pace and imo on raw pace both are behind Marciello. Ferrari did make an error, but we'll see what happens today...
Old 23 May 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3540476)   #16
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I watched half the race and Stanaway wins.Which is good as I've always rated him the fastest of the Kiwis.
Mitch Evans knew I was going to watch so he didn't even bother starting,looks like he's destined for V8 Supercars instead of the main game.
Old 23 May 2015, 20:45 (Ref:3540485)   #17
skells22
Veteran

Jordan King had a nasty crash which almost reminded us about the Connor Daly crash two years ago at the very same turn and King also get a pen for the feature race at Red Bull Ring in a month time, a three place grid drop
Old 23 May 2015, 21:59 (Ref:3540502)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
good to see the proper talent floating to the top of the series this year, especially at monaco.

agree with bender about stanaway - evans might be better connected but he's quicker.
Old 23 May 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3540503)   #19
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne is a superb talent and and even nicer guy! Wins in sim-racing and real life
Old 24 May 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3540541)   #20
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
What was King's thinking in that moment? They say a picture's worth a thousand words, but in this case it seems like there's only three letters to adequately describe this crash: OMG.
Old 28 May 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3542091)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
good to see the proper talent floating to the top of the series this year, especially at monaco.

agree with bender about stanaway - evans might be better connected but he's quicker.
Yup I was always interested to see how they would fare against one another.

How often do we get one potential Kiwi topliner let alone 2!!

I really really hope Richie can maintain his upward curve. I know the Sunday race is usually a gift for the 8th place finishers of race 1 but he has been moving up the ranks in qualifying generally which is a sign that a drive is getting ever more comfortable with his lot.

Evans meanwhile is the one driving like the newbie and what's this, his 3rd year?!

I'm going to hold off bashing Marciello. I'm pretty sure he is carrying the Trident car at present, in which case he is doing a great job.
Old 28 May 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3542256)   #22
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except that he was supposed to be fighting for the title, not making Trident look good. It is hardly a goal for a man of his talents.