Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Mar 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3224194)   #151
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dovi & the Duke within 8/10ths...
Old 27 Mar 2013, 17:37 (Ref:3225656)   #152
Daniel Clarke
Rookie

United Kingdom
Snetterton, UK
Daniel Clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you in the UK, I've just been looking through the TV schedules for Qatar and it looks like the BBC are broadcasting all the practice sessions live on the Red Button this season, certainly in Qatar anyway.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3226292)   #153
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Clarke View Post
For those of you in the UK, I've just been looking through the TV schedules for Qatar and it looks like the BBC are broadcasting all the practice sessions live on the Red Button this season, certainly in Qatar anyway.

Potentially good news as long as its the world feed with Gavin & Nick, not that unending rectum Charlie Cox.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3226322)   #154
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest I don't like either

Nick Harris is a tired old man who makes the same mistakes with peoples names as he has done for donkeys years and et is somehow employed by DORNA still

And Emmett is a total drama queen who tried to think what riders are thinking by looking at what happened on one corner! Total idiot as far as I am concerned

I actually prefer Cox and Parrish now, those two at least just commentate and try not to completely over elaborate the deal as Emmet and Harris do, they are obviously told to go over the top with their analysis
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3226479)   #155
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
To be honest I don't like either

Nick Harris is a tired old man who makes the same mistakes with peoples names as he has done for donkeys years and et is somehow employed by DORNA still

And Emmett is a total drama queen who tried to think what riders are thinking by looking at what happened on one corner! Total idiot as far as I am concerned

I actually prefer Cox and Parrish now, those two at least just commentate and try not to completely over elaborate the deal as Emmet and Harris do, they are obviously told to go over the top with their analysis
Thanks that's all the confirmation I needed.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3227147)   #156
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Glad to help, bye!
Old 1 Apr 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3227799)   #157
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha, funny stuff...

Opening round this weekend people, excited or what
Old 6 Apr 2013, 03:16 (Ref:3229810)   #158
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/189...undecided.html

Qualifying is going to be interesting.
Old 14 May 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3247160)   #159
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Pol Espargaro is expected to be signed to a multi-year deal with Yamaha in MotoGP for 2014 & onwards. The 1st year of the contract will be a factory bike with Tech3 - leaving Cal Crutchlow on the outer. Crutchlow now becomes the favorite to ride for the returning Suzuki Factory Team...
Old 20 May 2013, 03:20 (Ref:3250230)   #160
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pedrosa looks ominous now. Shame for him Stoner's gone. It will be seen as a negative, if he gets up, to do it without Stoner's presence.

Speaking of Stoner, looks like Honda won't be missing him as much as they thought.
Old 20 May 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3250296)   #161
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
In more ways than one I suspect they won't miss Casey

Don't think Dani loks ominous, but I do think the Repsol Honda does! I know Marquez is quick but to be this quick this soon just shows how good that bike is and how comparitively easy it is to ride.

Not taking anything away from Marc but he gets away with stuff you never would have on an early 990 or a 500, they took time to ride.

Dani was quicker than Stoner late on in 2012, so his pace shouldnt be that surprising. Jorge had a really bad race, but Cal was right there on a spec bike so dont think Dani is gonna run away with it
Old 20 May 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3250376)   #162
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Don't think Dani loks ominous...dont think Dani is gonna run away with it
Well, with the help of wiki, I've found that this year is the first time in Motogp Dani has won more than once in the first six races of the year, and only the second time for the first seven. Whatever weaknesses he has, when he's on, the only one who can stop him is himself. In recent years, he lagged behind a little before creating some momentum. If he continues the roll on in the middle of the year, thte title's over before Valencia.

P.S. I wanted to know about the supposed "traction control" Schumacher had for the 96 Spanish GP. You did not respond.
Old 20 May 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3250462)   #163
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh well if you think about it he was running a V8 when it was supposed to be a V10, so in effect he running with two plug leads off, kind of an effective way of running on a twisty ish track in the rain with a very very basic form of TC!

I am not saying it would ahve been easy but a guy with lots of talent like him would quickly adapt and be able to take advantage of the lack of power in all sorts of ways to make up for lack of straight speed, much earlier on the power, etc.

Not sure Dani could contain an on form Lorenzo or Marquez, but if htere is a chance for him to win it, it has to be this year as Marquez is only going to get better
Old 30 May 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3255469)   #164
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I got talking to Lucio Cechinello over the weekend in Monaco, here's the ins and outs of it. He's still looking to add a second bike to the team for next season but there's only a "30% chance" of raising the funds to do it. To run a "production" Honda he would need 1 million for the bike and probably about 800k for other expenses.

He's also thinking of adding a Moto2 or Moto3 team going forward. Given that he has in the past said that most of his attempts to raise money have in been in SE Asia you would imagine that a Malaysian or Thai rider might be the way to go for that. Kharruiddin has been backed by Red Bull and Air Asia so there would be a good chance of bringing sufficent funding with him.

Here's the full transcript of the interview
Old 2 Jun 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3256666)   #165
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Pol Espargaro is expected to be signed to a multi-year deal with Yamaha in MotoGP for 2014 & onwards. The 1st year of the contract will be a factory bike with Tech3 - leaving Cal Crutchlow on the outer. Crutchlow now becomes the favorite to ride for the returning Suzuki Factory Team...
Pol is poo right now - Hope Spanish $$$ don't mean he get a good ride
Old 2 Jun 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3256766)   #166
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
He reckons they have changed the construction of the front tyre, no surprise to me that his form dipped after his team mate battered him in Spain.

Right now Scotty redding is riding better than any rider in GP racing for me, except possibly Lorenzo and Vinales. Utterly calm, brilliantly consistent and at the very top of his game, just like Tom Sykes, Cal and Sam Lowes in fact.

the cream is rising
Old 8 Jun 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3259180)   #167
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a place that lists out Yamaha and Honda's current chassis numbers?

I know the 2010 Yamaha M1 is the OWS9. Im looking for the 2012 and 2013 Yamahas and any recent Honda chassis #s.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 05:23 (Ref:3285278)   #168
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Deals done for 2014 - Pol to Tech 3 & Cal to Ducati, Hayden out...
Old 3 Aug 2013, 08:38 (Ref:3285302)   #169
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Seems greed rules the heart aswell as the head, nice career Cal!
Old 6 Aug 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3286469)   #170
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Well he now owns his house, a holiday house & he gets to race a GP bike on some great tracks worldwide - that's a great career
Old 6 Aug 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3286499)   #171
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I suppose it depends on how you look at it. If you want to succeed and be the best you would never make that move

If you want to make as money as you can in a short career you will take the move.

And he has done the latter, maybe coz there were few choices, but making a move for reasons other than "this is going to give me a better chance of winning races" in a paddock full of Spaniards and better funded riders, seems very dumb to be honest.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3286506)   #172
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's dumb about it and what would you have done in his place? These are your other choices:

Yamaha - Tech3 satellite bike. Might win a race but will never be in a position to beat the works team. Lorenzo and Rossi happily signed up, Pol in the wings plus whoever else might turn up in the next year or two.

Honda - Possible satellite bike with Gresini or LCR but again, the works rides and are tied up and you'll never beat the works team on a regular basis.

Honda and Yamaha are clearly not interested in putting him on a works bike, by the time the works riders contracts are up Cal will be another year older and there will be more hotshots lining up to take his place.

He has the chance NOW to take a works ride for 2 years. Yes, the bike might be a duffer but who knows, there's a chance it will improve with Audi and new management behind it and if it does, it will be his bike, there won't be better spec versions of his bike ahead of him, all focus will be on him.

Add in that the next two years will set him up for life why wouldn't you take it? He has the choice of 4th/5th place in the championship and little money or 5th/6th place in the championship with millions plus the outside chance it might just all come right and he might win.

Sounds like a sensible choice to me given his options.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3286522)   #173
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Deals done for 2014 - Pol to Tech 3 & Cal to Ducati, Hayden out...
Any rides open at WSBK that would make sense for Hayden?
Old 6 Aug 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3286587)   #174
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Most sensible thing to do would be stay at Tech 3 for a year and ride whatever they could offer him and sign for Suzuki.

Be serious please, two years on a Ducati will ruin his career, he will earn good money and likely get into WSBK after, but unless that bike improves, he can't hope to look good on that bike, even Hayden can't get a ride anywhere else and he is a proven frontrunner and ex world champion, Cal is neither.

Suzuki has already showed it will ALREADY be quicker than the Ducati even now with a duffer like Aoki riding it! De Puniet (hardly setting the world alight this year) was superbly quick, so Cal would likely be at least a second quicker on a brand new bike, totally undeveloped and obviously full of potential, none of which words can be levelled at the Ducati.

One year, one year on a Yam powered Suter or something, rattling the cages of the top guys now and then, getting a podium or something in the wet, look at what Espag is doing on a WSBK spec Aprilia, let alone a Yam GP engined bike, and he is not a patch on Cal.

I just think it's very short sighted, and solely done for pound signs. If anyone can come on here and prove to me it isn't I will be amazed. Take a year out even, anything but riding that trog of a bike.
Old 6 Aug 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3286597)   #175
JohnnyFiama
Racer

JohnnyFiama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very easy to make judgements like that from the comfort of your armchair but it's not your career.

Suzuki are well aware of the contract situations, if they were desparate to have Cal they would have made him an offer for 2015. And yes, they've shown some pace in testing but what makes you think they'll suddenly be challenging Honda and Yamaha? They never have in the current era, they will probably be no better than a Tech3 bike. It might take them years to win a race.

You're asking him to give up guaranteed millions and the potential of works bike (whatever position they are in at the moment) for the chance of something better in the future.

Let's say he rides for Tech3 next year. Same results as this year at best but what if Pol is his team mate and beats him or comes close to him? Scot Redding gets a privateer Honda and is sensational? A couple of riders look great in Moto 2. All of sudden it's contract time and Cal is up against 4 or 5 riders who are just as quick and younger. He could easily end up with nothing or at best, another privateer ride.

He is at the peak of his negotiating power so has to make the best deal for him and for his family.