Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3254689)   #1
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSVR - Oulton Park 15th June - Notice

All Marshals. Oulton Park have requested us to accommodate a change to the program times for this event.

A resident who's property backs on to the circuit, and is also a friend to the circuit will be holding his sons wedding reception from 5pm on the 15th.

The circuit have approached MSVR and the Marshals club to agree a squished time table with and early finish.

This will involve a very short lunch break, in exchange the circuit will provide packed lunches for all marshals and post chiefs/IO's will ensure that a rota break system is run to give everyone time to eat and take comfort breaks.

This is a one off and has not been agreed as the norm.

If you feel that you can not attend due to these changes please contact the chief marshal to advise at the earliest opportunity.

Tickets and instructions are in the process of being posted.

(please can I ask that this post does not get hijacked and remains as was intended a polite notice to the marshals attending the event. thank you)
Old 28 May 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3254699)   #2
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazza View Post
All Marshals. Oulton Park have requested us to accommodate a change to the program times for this event.

A resident who's property backs on to the circuit, and is also a friend to the circuit will be holding his sons wedding reception from 5pm on the 15th.

The circuit have approached MSVR and the Marshals club to agree a squished time table with and early finish.

This will involve a very short lunch break, in exchange the circuit will provide packed lunches for all marshals and post chiefs/IO's will ensure that a rota break system is run to give everyone time to eat and take comfort breaks.

This is a one off and has not been agreed as the norm.

If you feel that you can not attend due to these changes please contact the chief marshal to advise at the earliest opportunity.

Tickets and instructions are in the process of being posted.

(please can I ask that this post does not get hijacked and remains as was intended a polite notice to the marshals attending the event. thank you)
Cheers faz for letting us know. It's a fair request and one I fully understand/ agree with. Nice to see the circuit doing something for the neighbours on their special day, can't be fairer than that really!
Old 28 May 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3254711)   #3
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is nice that the circuit have asked the organising club and the marshals club in advance to accommodate the request. Good we have a great relationship with the circuit
Old 28 May 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3254738)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What an excellent gesture to the neighbours, and also to the marshals. I'm not there for this one, but if I were it would have my support!

Hope they have a big enough marquee for all the marshals to fit in Seriously, well done Oulton Park.
Old 29 May 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3255107)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Photo of the Groom with all the Lady marshals on the grid?
Photo of the Bride with me on post at Lakeside (Just think it would be a nice setting ;-0)
Old 29 May 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3255167)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a bit like one of the oddest radio calls I've received at Brands "Control to Course Car, could you please return to the pit lane to collect the Bride and Groom!" I'd driven a few couples around Brands when they've had their reception at the MSVC.
Old 31 May 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3255782)   #7
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not a problem doing this for the happy couple
but has anyone asked the drivers to keep on the black stuff LOL
Old 31 May 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3255955)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-steve View Post
not a problem doing this for the happy couple
but has anyone asked the drivers to keep on the black stuff LOL
I don't think wedding cars tend to go fast enough for that to be a problem.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3256543)   #9
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I don't think wedding cars tend to go fast enough for that to be a problem.
now that would be one heck of a race
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3256813)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
"Get me to the finish,
For gawd's sake get me to the finish on tiiiime!"
Old 2 Jun 2013, 21:12 (Ref:3256842)   #11
Paul Newns
Veteran

Paul Newns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'd have to use white flags for the bride's cars.