Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3654204)   #76
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so Williams dropped a 1.92 second pit stop for Massa at Baku which makes this the 8th race in a row (so every race this year) where they have recorded the fastest pit stop time. this also ties the all time official record set by Red Bull back in 2013 with a 1.923 at the US GP. Ferrari apparently dropped a 1.83 last year in Japan but for some reason it was not recorded as such.(here)

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom...stop-2016.html

didnt know there is also an award/trophy for this.

what Williams are doing is impressive to say the least but cant say i have noticed it making a difference in their strategies or translating into gained positions.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3654255)   #77
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
LOL I think if you keep reading it, eventually it might just click what he's trying to say. I reckon it's about Hamilton's upcoming rap album.
If I keep reading it I'll slit my bloody throat.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3654526)   #78
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Massa'a in car data actually recorded the pitstop at 1.89s. (here)

maybe its not a big a deal, but quite literally their pit stop expertise is saving babies!
Old 22 Jun 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3654550)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I didn't really watch the race, but from I saw it looked alright. A circuit with some differences, it looked nice and there were overtaking spots.
I'm not rushing to watch my recording of it though.
Old 23 Jun 2016, 02:01 (Ref:3654576)   #80
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You did not miss much Adam, if you like architecture though the buildings in Baku are really rather gorgeous !
Old 27 Jun 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3655427)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I only watched the last two laps when I turned it on in my hotel room in Le Mans. I felt that I'd seen enough though........
Old 29 Jun 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3655780)   #82
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
You did not miss much Adam, if you like architecture though the buildings in Baku are really rather gorgeous !
I wasn't really impressed, the so-called "castle" was nothing but a wall...
Old 1 Jul 2016, 04:50 (Ref:3656055)   #83
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
They were indeed, I am sure that there are more suitable architectural programmes for exploring it too.
A decent race would be nice when watching F1!

Still, I like the circuit too, hopefully it will deliver in future.
Old 2 Jul 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3656248)   #84
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I wasn't really impressed, the so-called "castle" was nothing but a wall...
Efteling architecture.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 10:29 (Ref:3657046)   #85
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A post-script from Baku, courtesy of Niki Lauda: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ha...da-795726/?s=1
Old 6 Jul 2016, 04:23 (Ref:3657195)   #86
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mr Hamilton, thinks he is a 60s rock star and has all the maturity of a spoilt 12 year old, and is about as likeable!

wonder where this vandalism image fits into the Mercedes marketing plan?
Old 6 Jul 2016, 21:24 (Ref:3657359)   #87
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
looks like Lauda and Merc are walking back both the room trashing and lying stories from that post baku interview.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...n-lie-comments

obvious PR spin control but maybe for me raises more issues about the internal politics of the team.

walking back the 'Lewis lied' story makes sense. of course LH (and NR) always say nice things about their relationship during interviews even if they dont feel that way in private. there is no need for either of them to publicly add fuel to that fire so i thought Lauda's choice of words was overly harsh.

but walking back the room trashing story...i find it hard to accept that Lauda made up the story like this, complete with details of LH telling him that he was about the destroy the room.

actually feel bad for Lauda and wonder how much longer he can remain at the team that has apparently decided to sacrifice his integrity.

anyways good timing on their part and im sure the British media will have their fun with this one!