Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jul 2016, 13:13 (Ref:3660133)   #26
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Don't know how much can be done with cutting the current calendar, but I prefer to have an 18 race series but I don't want to go to the point where the only countries and races are far from home and with the crowd at the races are not filled
Old 22 Jul 2016, 19:37 (Ref:3660204)   #27
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I read somewhere just today that Imola will pay €22 million as the hosting fee for the 2017 race. €22 million. My...god.

I just literally shake my head at such ridiculousness, especially when circuits have frequently failed to turn a profit on the event itself. They then rely on other events throughout the year essentially "subsidising" the cost to run the F1 event, so all events have their prices inflated to cater for the bloated F1 event.
Old 22 Jul 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3660228)   #28
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I read somewhere just today that Imola will pay €22 million as the hosting fee for the 2017 race. €22 million. My...god.

I just literally shake my head at such ridiculousness, especially when circuits have frequently failed to turn a profit on the event itself. They then rely on other events throughout the year essentially "subsidising" the cost to run the F1 event, so all events have their prices inflated to cater for the bloated F1 event.
To the best of my memory that is less than Silverstone (depends on currency) and less than half what some of the new races pay
Old 23 Jul 2016, 01:42 (Ref:3660243)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Yup, the cost of running an annual F1 GP has bankrupted perfectly viable national circuits in the past, and delivered them to property developers.

Last edited by wnut; 23 Jul 2016 at 01:47.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3660288)   #30
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That seems to be what they have to pay. Only problem is that they don't have that much money, and would be reliant on other entities to fund at least 3/4 of the sanctioning fee.
Old 23 Jul 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3660359)   #31
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Italian GP saga is starting to turn nasty. Imola has called in the lawyers because the ACI will not give them the same backing as Monza.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/im...gp-bid-800468/
Old 24 Jul 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3660881)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Interesting, one can have great difficulty in trying to second guess Bernie at times. This one seams like a little more than trying to play Monza off against Imola but......
Nothing to guess. It will be about money or power, or more likely both. The only surprise is that people continue to fall for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Yup, the cost of running an annual F1 GP has bankrupted perfectly viable national circuits in the past, and delivered them to property developers.
Precisely this. The great god of F1 sucking the greater motor racing world dry without actually producing very good motorsport.

The only hope I have is that when the next circuit is built over, Bernie will be under it.